• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give Lue his credit for maxing out that team. When Blatt was there they still had obvious chemistry issues and played too slow. Once Lue took over they started playing faster and clicked. And you can tell Lue has Lebron respect, he be out there checking him every now and then. Blatt used to look at him like a kid scared to ask to go outside.

The only real difference is blatt not having kyrie and love in the finals

Really though VDN won 56 games and was fired. Doc's win totals have gone down each season since coming to LA and literally hasn't performed better ultimately. I think he's vastly overrated as well.

Really though VDN won 56 games and was fired. Doc's win totals have gone down each season since coming to LA and literally hasn't performed better ultimately. I think he's vastly overrated as well.
Again,

every year Doc Rivers has had Blake and / or CP missing significant time (20+ games) which I think has to be taken to account with their win totals going down every year.

For instance, Blake missed 42 games last season,(53 wins) and CP and Blake both missed like 21 games this past season (51 wins)

But how successful is he supposed to be with all those injuries every year?

But how successful is he supposed to be with all those injuries every year?
Literally every year he's been the head of LAC Blake and / or CP have been out significant time.

Him as the head man w/ both of those guys healthy, are at like a 60 win pace / avg iirc.

doc got lucky with the big three otherwise no one could be mentioning his name in the good coach conversation. he's terrible and I'm surprised he's lasted this long in LA but I guess its a successful season as long as they make playoffs since they can't do anything else.

Leking has taken 4 different coaches to the NBA final. Talent > coaching
Solid point, but only to those who acknowledge his talent.

Which is interesting, because there are Lakers fans who will readily admit the MB sucks due to seeing him firsthand with us... but will not agree with the point you just made because that would mean acknowledging Lebby's talent, and their Kobe loyalty won't allow for that.

But yeah, I'm still not one-thousand percent sold on Spo as a great coach or on Blatt being a bad coach, but the fact that Lebby has taken terrible Brown and newbie Lue to the Finals... man, that's impressive.

As basketball players, I think Blake, CP, and especially DJ are better basketball players under doc than they were with Vinny but again, coaching is results / wins based, and that's why it's overrated. So much context goes into wins and losses, that to simply use that metric as a means to measure coaching is precisely why it's overrated.

I was once one of the best Lebron haters on NT. I have now seen the light along with the chewed up hairline and behind it stands NBA history. Lebron still hasn't turned everybody around but this is the finals where if the Cavs win, Lebron will have to be in your top 5. It's unquestionable.

I also was a huge LeBron hater but I saw the light two years back... Gotta enjoy greatness when its in front of your eyes. As for your "if he wins he's top 5 no question" comment. Nah, regardless of the outcome in this finals he's already the second greatness player to ever lace them up. Everything from statistics, winning, awards and accolades, skillset, and the eye test backs LeBron up. He's the second greatest to ever lace them up. If he somehow wins 2 or 3 more rings than he will probably surpass or be equal to Jordan but I can't see him winning more than 1 ring the rest of his career.

DBBwnaXUQAAs78F.jpg

Never thought id say this but....bron lineup is better.

Curry got the temples of doom right there :x

The more you bald or your hairline gets worse, the more of a legend you become.

Last edited:
Solid point, but only to those who acknowledge his talent.

Which is interesting, because there are Lakers fans who will readily admit the MB sucks due to seeing him firsthand with us... but will not agree with the point you just made because that would mean acknowledging Lebby's talent, and their Kobe loyalty won't allow for that.

But yeah, I'm still not one-thousand percent sold on Spo as a great coach or on Blatt being a bad coach, but the fact that Lebby has taken terrible Brown and newbie Lue to the Finals... man, that's impressive.

East vs West. Potato Head does suck but it's not like he went in the tank with Bean. They won the division and lost to the Thunder who also smoked Pop the next round.

Spo has definitely proven to be a helluva coach.

As basketball players, I think Blake, CP, and especially DJ are better basketball players under doc than they were with Vinny but again, coaching is results / wins based, and that's why it's overrated.So much context goes into wins and losses, that to simply use that metric as a means to measure coaching is precisely why it's overrated.

easily the best post in this thread since it was created.

Last edited:
Warriors are literally better when Kerr isn't coaching. One replacement coach may be a fluke, but 2? Nah he should get the Mark Jackson treatment.

Warriors are literally better when Kerr isn't coaching. One replacement coach may be a fluke, but 2? Nah he should get the Mark Jackson treatment.

Aren't they still running his system and plays? The assistance coaches have the easiest jobs in the world. Just run the plays!

Can't disagree On that coaching. I mean Warriors a beast :lol: making MB bum look good.

Of course leking taking those bum coaches to the finals.
Dude had Bosh, wade, Kyrie and love in a weak conference. Leking would take any of us to the finals as a coach.

More than running the plays, though.

Watching the minutes, time outs, feeling the flow of the game, subs, lineups.

The things with the Dubs is that the main core has been playing together for a minute now. Carrying Mike *** to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom