2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, y'all saying Magic better than Bron? Laughable.

I mean he's not even the clear cut best Laker of all time.

Last edited:

Duncan, Shaq, Magic & Kareem>>>>Bron at this point.

I won't stand for the perimeter bias man. I just won't

Duncan Shaq and Kareem have somehow become underrated. It's criminal.
it's more like generational bias. Nearly No one on this site seen prime Kareem or magic. I'm willing to bet plenty of people here didn't see prime shaq. Either.
That would suck
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was 11 when the Lakers started their 3peat (2000). I'm in LA so I vividly remember that time. There has to be dudes in here that were 8, 5, 3 years old 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Sorry, I need a winning record on the BIGGEST STAGE!!! Yes he's has injured players. Who hasn't Magic, Kareem, Kobe etc..... has had injured/hurt players in the finals. You just can't LOSE more than you WIN in the finals!!

3-4 in finals (17-23 overall), SWEPT (2007) and had the BIGGEST MELTDOWN (2011) BLOWN OUT by BIGGEST MARGIN (2014) all in FINALS! He also now has the biggest comeback in finals history also, which is good.

Sorry, I need a winning record on the BIGGEST STAGE!!! Yes he's has injured players. Who hasn't Magic, Kareem, Kobe etc..... has had injured/hurt players in the finals. You just can't LOSE more than you WIN in the finals!!

3-4 in finals (17-23 overall), SWEPT (2007) and had the BIGGEST MELTDOWN (2011) BLOWN OUT by BIGGEST MARGIN (2014) all in FINALS! He also now has the biggest comeback in finals history also, which is good.
If he lost in the first round 4 times instead of losing in the finals and was 3-0....would he be better off?

I was 11 when the Lakers started their 3peat (2000). There has to be dudes in here that were 8, 5, 3 years old 
laugh.gif
wow I legit thought you were in your mid 30s....

Last edited:
Maybe some think that a lot of people on this site ain't seen Prime Kareem and Prime Magic and Prime Bird play, but a lot of people really have.

Remember, those who witnessed the primes of the aforementioned players are in their 40s and 50s. Not like these people dead yet.

But the younger generation can witness and marvel at Lebron since Lebron is their King. Doesn't mean he the All Time King of the NBA. Not yet at least.
I really doubt there are many 40 and 50 year Olds on nt/ posters in here ...

Plenty of early 40 year olds on NT surprisingly.

Last edited:

It's a miracle he even took that 2007 roster to the finals, and I don't know too many players who would've still won the championship missing the teams 2nd and 3rd best player.

If he lost in the first round 4 times instead of losing in the finals and was 3-0....would he be better off?

I still don't understand that thought process. Every season you don't win is a failure. It's sucks that in the mind of some people making it further is worse than losing the first round or missing the playoffs. Seems like it should be the opposite.

You just don't understand how much of an impact Magic was in a game.

We ain't talking 1 on 1 here. But like I said, take Magics first 10 seasons and compare to LeBron, Kobe, or even Jordan.

Unmatched!

We ain't talking 1 on 1 here. But like I said, take Magics first 10 seasons and compare to LeBron, Kobe, or even Jordan.

Unmatched!
I don't get the chip talk. I see lot of things that don't make sense. chips are a team thing, yet people make excuse for why so and so didn't win the chip etc etc.
Do chips matter or not. I don't see no one have Karl Malone, or barkley in they personal goat list

Last edited:
Yeah, Beal needs to go have a seat with all that. Couldn't even beat the Celtics. Sit down.

That was on point with Jae Crowder saying that if they would have pitched to Durant, they would have gave him the formula to beat Golden State. (Since they did it in two meaningless regular season games, last season). Just pure nonsense.

Unmatched!
The problem is...today's younger generation wasn't even alive when Magic was busy putting up 42, 15, and 7 en route to winning Finals MVP as a ROOKIE let alone old enough to tie their shoes when Magic literally carried the Lakers on his back the entire decade of the 80s while there were literally three other "mini-dynasties" that decade - the early 80s Sixers (3 Finals appearances), Celtics (5 Finals appearances), and late 80s' Pistons who also had multiple appearances in the Finals. 

Obviously, if you weren't around to witness an era live as it happened, you won't have the same appreciation and wisdom.

This is the best Magic Johnson highlight video of ALL TIME that encompasses his entire career, primarily during his prime days.

Unmatched!

The problem is...today's younger generation wasn't even alive when Magic was busy putting up 42, 15, and 7 en route to winning Finals MVP as a ROOKIE let alone old enough to tie their shoes when Magic literally carried the Lakers on his back the entire decade of the 80s while there were literally three other "mini-dynasties" that decade - the early 80s Sixers (3 Finals appearances), Celtics (5 Finals appearances), and late 80s' Pistons who also had multiple appearances in the Finals. 

Obviously, if you weren't around to witness an era live as it happened, you won't have the same appreciation and wisdom.

This is the best Magic Johnson highlight video of ALL TIME that encompasses his entire career, primarily during his prime days.

Bro. When he faked out MJ at the 7:20 mark :wow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom