2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost 4-1 in a record finals margin. But I already see where this is headed. This will be another L on his finals resume that 'doesn't count'
Idk, as long as he comes through I can't definitively say that an L in this finals would take him off of 'goat' status or whatever silly **** people are saying.

They aren't supposed to win. If they do, great. I'm rooting for the cavs to do so, but they aren't the better team. Not close. It is what it is.

Idk, as long as he comes through I can't definitively say that an L in this finals would take him off of 'goat' status or whatever silly **** people are saying.

They aren't supposed to win. If they do, great. I'm rooting for the cavs to do so, but they aren't the better team. Not close. It is what it is.
he still a top 5 player ever regardless of this year's outcome. Win or loss ain't bumping him higher or down lower.

Last edited:

Don't bail them out so quickly.

This is Lebron's most stacked team by far. He got almost everything he wanted. After that Christmas day game, folks were proclaiming a back to back run for the Cavs.

he still a top 5 player ever regardless of this year's outcome.
I would concur. But if he were to like play like **** or something, that would probably knock him down a bit in the eyes of some.

Basketball is a team game though. Bron can play great and the cavs can still get wiped off the floor. They aren't supposed to win. They aren't the favorites so them losing to the warriors isn't that big of a deal to me. Him playing horribly though or subpar would matter way more.

Don't bail them out so quickly.

This is Lebron's most stacked team by far. He got almost everything he wanted. After that Christmas day game, folks were proclaiming a back to back run for the Cavs.
This has nothing to do with bailing them out so quickly.

The warriors were better than them in the regular season. The game the cavs won they had to come back from like down 16 at home, then got washed by like 40. In the finals last year, before Draymond got suspended, the warriors beat the cavs 3 out of 4 times by like an average of 15+ or something. The cavaliers still have defensive issues all over. Idc about how 'stacked' the cavs are because relative to gsw, it doesn't matter.

The Warriors right now have a +16 point differential that eclipses the 01' Lakers. They are on a ride right now. The cavs are not close to the warriors. At least I don't think.

But that's why we play the games. I love LBJ so if I'm wrong i'll gladly be that but I just don't see it at this very moment. Things change though.

Basketball is a team game though. Bron can play great and the cavs can still get wiped off the floor. They aren't supposed to win. They aren't the favorites so them losing to the warriors isn't that big of a deal to me. Him playing horribly though or subpar would matter way more.

This is essentially the equivalent to Jordan having to go through a team as good as the 96 Bulls instead of playing for the 96 Bulls.

And its awesome.

Dudes were already on the bench celebrating and then it all went to **** 
mean.gif

**** I know I was. I was poppin WILD **** on Twitter during that final minute. 

Then that shot happened 
mean.gif
**** went from 100-0 real quick man 
laugh.gif

The final minute summed up for me was

tenor.gif

Hypothetically Bron ends up 3-6 or 3-7 in the finals. Still top 5?

If they do meet, all Warriors have to do is guard the 3pt line. A lot of Korver's looks are wide open because dudes try to collapse on Lebron driving and leave guys that can actually shoot wide open for the easy kick-out.

Let him have any 2 they want. Don't leave shooters.

Same for the Spurs last night, I don't know how many wide open looks Ryan Anderson got.

giphy.gif

I've seen longer versions of this angle and the thing that always gets me is the amount of people leaving behind the basket. Not even caring what is going on in a game seven in a close game with under a minute left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom