2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
lebron could be in a wheel chair at age 40 and run that conference

east is that bad. no heart no nuts

philly had next but they always getting injured

The East has been that bad for 15+ years, plus the LeBron Factor the last ten years. Assuming he makes the Finals this year, that's eight Finals appearances in 11 seasons. He has more Finals appearances than the East has had champions since the Bulls in '98.

Allen Iverson overrated? What? :lol:

Where is this thread going? He played in an era where big men were actually effective players on the floor and the slacking wasn't always to his advantage. Hell, even the threat of jump shooters wasn't something he was afford as well.

AI would've been incredible in this era of the NBA for sure. He's an all-time great.

748x541.png.a2a16e992f41468ab030d2908b618e08

This is the only knock I have on Westbrooks game. Guy is one of the worst three point shooters EVER and just refuses to stop taking them. The last time I came here with this I set the number at 2k attempts but that knocked out Wade and you can't take out Wade for this, he's right there in all time badness.

If you look at the top ten on this list Russell Westbrook has the most attempts per game and its RISING
[table][tr][td]NAME[/td][td]GMS[/td][td]3P%[/td][td]3PA[/td][td]3PG[/td][/tr][tr][td]Charles Barkley[/td][td]1073[/td][td]26.6[/td][td]2020[/td][td]1.88[/td][/tr][tr][td]Corey Brewer[/td][td]711[/td][td]28.3[/td][td]1619[/td][td]2.28[/td][/tr][tr][td]Josh Smith[/td][td]891[/td][td]28.5[/td][td]1578[/td][td]1.77[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]915[/td][td]28.7[/td][td]1502[/td][td]1.64[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ron Harper[/td][td]1009[/td][td]28.9[/td][td]1811[/td][td]1.79[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chris Morris[/td][td]747[/td][td]30.6[/td][td]1625[/td][td]2.18[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry Stackhouse[/td][td]970[/td][td]30.9[/td][td]3202[/td][td]3.30[/td][/tr][tr][td]Larry Hughes[/td][td]727[/td][td]30.9[/td][td]1696[/td][td]2.33[/td][/tr][tr][td]Lamar Odom[/td][td]961[/td][td]31.2[/td][td]2126[/td][td]2.21[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]668[/td][td]31.3[/td][td]2258[/td][td]3.38[/td][/tr][/table]
A portion of this has to due with the era that we're in, but there are limits. I shouldn't see Russell Westbrook take 15 threes in a game, under any circumstances (He made a game winning three that game, but shot a bad percentage if I recall correctly, guy was just firing away).

Russell Westbrook was 7th in threes attempted this year. Should never happen.

Russell Westbrook shot 16 threes in a game this season, and 15 on three difference occasions. Should never happen.
[table]StartFragment[tr][td]NAME[/td][td]DATE[/td][td]TM[/td][td]OPP[/td][td]3PA[/td][td]3PM[/td][td]FG%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]4/5/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ MEM[/td][td]13[/td][td]8[/td][td]62%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]1/7/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. DEN[/td][td]12[/td][td]7[/td][td]58%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]1/5/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ HOU[/td][td]15[/td][td]8[/td][td]53%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]4/2/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. CHA[/td][td]15[/td][td]7[/td][td]47%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]4/9/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ DEN[/td][td]12[/td][td]5[/td][td]42%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]3/29/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ ORL[/td][td]15[/td][td]6[/td][td]40%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]2/6/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ IND[/td][td]10[/td][td]4[/td][td]40%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]3/2/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ POR[/td][td]16[/td][td]6[/td][td]38%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]3/11/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. UTA[/td][td]10[/td][td]3[/td][td]30%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]2/11/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. GSW[/td][td]10[/td][td]3[/td][td]30%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]12/19/16[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. ATL[/td][td]10[/td][td]3[/td][td]30%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]3/3/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ PHX[/td][td]12[/td][td]3[/td][td]25%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]11/9/16[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. TOR[/td][td]12[/td][td]3[/td][td]25%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]3/5/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ DAL[/td][td]10[/td][td]2[/td][td]20%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]1/2/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ MIL[/td][td]10[/td][td]2[/td][td]20%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]10/28/16[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]vs. PHX[/td][td]10[/td][td]2[/td][td]20%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]4/7/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ PHX[/td][td]12[/td][td]2[/td][td]17%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]1/4/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ CHA[/td][td]12[/td][td]2[/td][td]17%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Russell Westbrook[/td][td]1/13/17[/td][td]OKC[/td][td]@ MIN[/td][td]10[/td][td]1[/td][td]10%[/td][/tr]EndFragment[/table]
A look at his double digit three point attempts this season. They're not all bad but the majority of these...... At some point you just have to accept it and not launch that next three.

Allen Iverson overrated? What? :lol:

Where is this thread going? He played in an era where big men were actually effective players on the floor and the slacking wasn't always to his advantage. Hell, even the threat of jump shooters wasn't something he was afford as well.

AI would've been incredible in this era of the NBA for sure. He's an all-time great.

please quote where you read the word overrated...at least coming from me.

overrated, no...inefficient yes

era-shmera...efficiency always matters in basketball. just like antidope antidope said, if you are one of the worst 3 point shooters in the history of the game, why are you taking 8 per game?

no hate on AI, he was one of the all time greats, had alot of heart. fact are facts and AI was a career 42% shooter and 31% from 3

Last edited:
usa_today_10054201.1494644811.jpg

I don't think yall understand...stuff like this just doesn't happen to the Wizards. Game 7 on the brink of the ECF. WATTBA

Link

It was a wrap for Boston when they all wore black but said it wasn't intentional & didn't mean anything by it.

Boston winning this series..I'm just glad y'all got a close game so we don't have to hear the "The games aren't close" crying today.

Iverson gets a pass cause he was cool. Srs

He was my favorite player growing up but once you remove the blinders you see what he really is. Also as a person he sucks. Irrelevant but met him and it erased everything I loved about him.
what happened? He wouldn't sing something for you?

Boston is still winning series. Both these teams frauds on the road. It always came down to home court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom