• Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the snowball effect...

@MikeGarafolo: Unnamed Skins team official told @washingtonpost McCloughan was fired b/c of alcohol relapses. Showed up in locker room drunk, report says.

Type of thing that should stay behind closed doors :smh:

Last edited:
I wish the packers would have at least signed somebody in their secondary. Hyde is likely gone, and who knows if shields will ever play again. Packers are looking rough right now.

@MikeGarafolo: Unnamed Skins team official told @washingtonpost McCloughan was fired b/c of alcohol relapses. Showed up in locker room drunk, report says.
Type of thing that should stay behind closed doors
mean.gif
I mean this is his third stop and he's left all three places for this same reason. I cant remember if any specific stories came out when he was with San Fran or Seattle though

I remember when I think it ESPN did an interview/article with him  around the time he took the Skins job, and they brought up his alcohol issues...he said he didnt have a drinking problem and talked about still drinking but it was "under control" 
ohwell.gif

Talented guy, hope he gets the help he needs

Last edited:
All that may be true but I can't get behind the way it all feels orchestrated as hell,especially when leaks were coming out slowly and you had the Skins using talk radio to air out their dirty laundry while he was still employed by them

@MikeJonesWaPo: Was told late in the season of jealousy up top and how they'd one day use McCloughan drinking as an excuse to can him. Exactly what happened

But players, his scouting staff, and even coaches all respected and appreciated McCloughan

Jesus Christ even the Knicks are jealous of this level of dysfunction :x :x

Scumbag Snyder though, the man finally brings some stability in terms of on field performances and the players seem to love him so of course sabotage dude using his personal demons :stoneface: :smh:. That's some real POS behaviour if true

Last edited:
Garçon gettin paid!!!!! :wow: :x

$47.5M with $20M guaranteed :x :x :x

Last edited:
All that may be true but I can't get behind the way it all feels orchestrated as hell,especially when leaks were coming out slowly and you had the Skins using talk radio to air out their dirty laundry while he was still employed by them
@MikeJonesWaPo: Was told late in the season of jealousy up top and how they'd one day use McCloughan drinking as an excuse to can him. Exactly what happened

But players, his scouting staff, and even coaches all respected and appreciated McCloughan
Jesus Christ even the Knicks are jealous of this level of dysfunction
sick.gif
sick.gif

Scumbag Snyder though, the man finally brings some stability in terms of on field performances and the players seem to love him so of course sabotage dude using his personal demons
indifferent.gif
mean.gif
. That's some real POS behaviour if true
well yeah that part is definitely scumbagish with the plottin' smh

Why in the hell would the Browns want Brock Trashweiler? I just don't get it.
don't think they really wanted him. 

consensus was they got him for the 2nd round pick.

release him, and use that pick as leverage to acquire jimmy G from the pats.

But at the moment, it seems that the trade talks have stalled, since the pats want the #1 overall pick.

greedy bastards 
mean.gif

What I miss?

I really haven't seen one move yet. Somebody please give me a breakdown.

Thread title is alternative facts.

The players seem to be disputing the Skins claims about dude showing up hammered and what not...

http://deadspin.com/washington-fire...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

However, most of players the Post spoke to disputed that notion:

Of a half-dozen ******** players reached Thursday afternoon, none said they’d ever seen McCloughan drink in the locker room. All but one said they never saw him act if he weren’t composed and in control. They added that they never felt he wasn’t able to do his job, and they seemed surprised the question was being raised.

“I don’t know what their issue is with him,” one player said, “but all the players love Scot.”

Also there's this

Because he is being fired for cause — rather than for philosophical differences or as the result of an internal power struggle — the ******** likely won’t have to pay him for the remaining 22 months of his contract. It’s unclear what McCloughan’s current salary is, but veteran NFL presidents and general managers typically earn in the $3 million range, plus bonuses for postseason performances.

Sully them mans rep to save money,the Skins way :smh:

Dude should take them to court

Last edited:

Type of thing that should stay behind closed doors :smh:
I mean this is his third stop and he's left all three places for this same reason. I cant remember if any specific stories came out when he was with San Fran or Seattle though

I remember when I think it ESPN did an interview/article with him  around the time he took the Skins job, and they brought up his alcohol issues...he said he didnt have a drinking problem and talked about still drinking but it was "under control" :\  

Talented guy, hope he gets the help he needs

Chad Ryan
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@ChadwikoRCC

Don't like talking about this because, until today, really wasn't relevant. But I'll say again;

Everyone on beat was aware McC was drinking

Follow
Chad Ryan
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@ChadwikoRCC

BUT I want to re-iterate in strong terms, and echoing @MikeJonesWaPo report;

No players/(most) officials ever felt it was an issue.

I think the Skins did Scot real dirty. REAL dirty. He's one of the best talent evaluators in the league. He got a raw deal, but the Skins obviously used his drinking as a way to sever ties WITHOUT having to pay him for the duration of what was left on his contract.

I'm not absolving Scot, because he does seem to have a problem with alcohol. I mentioned it yesterday, but he's a functional alcoholic. I saw someone bring up this point, and it made me think...how many sober dudes break their hands hitting walls?

The way things have unfolded so far this offseason, the Skins have alienated a lot of their fanbase. Whatever momentum and goodwill they had going for them, built up over the past 2 seasons, is a 1/4 flush away from going down the toilet.

It's going to take nothing short of a hail mary for this team to salvage their season. Crazy to think that we're 4 weeks removed from the Super Bowl, but the Skins 2017 season is already done. Way to go, Snyder/Allen.

spacedoodoo spacedoodoo thanks. I didn't know we fired Scott already.

Everyone can hate if they want. Washington will contend in 2017 behind the baby Hogs and Tag God. HTTR

Last edited:
I'd probably drink too if I had to work with Snyder :lol:,from most accounts it doesn't seem like it stopped him from doing his job well either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom