2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
651akathepaul 651akathepaul what's offensive to me is that you went back to what you were suggesting was an answer to my question for SP and thought that answered me. It made no sense. Honestly, I'm not even writing this to pick a fight, I just had no idea how what you said was relevant.

In 2011 the Lions had Calvin, Suh and Stafford and had just made the playoffs for the first time in 14 years

Sound familiar?

No doubt. The Lions looked good. I get it, **** changes quickly in the NFL, but I've already said as long as Reggie McKenzie is in control I feel good about the direction of the team.

Plus we're not gunna let Mack go [emoji]128522[/emoji]

651akathepaul 651akathepaul what's offensive to me is that you went back to what you were suggesting was an answer to my question for SP and thought that answered me. It made no sense. Honestly, I'm not even writing this to pick a fight, I just had no idea how what you said was relevant.

:lol:

I can see that. Don't be offended though. I argue for ****'s sake.

We're good man, didn't mean to go at you like that.

Did you proof read this? Players cashing out their last checks with the Raiders and you have two players coming out of retirement to cash what?...The first checks of their new, 10-year careers? This is their last money grab too, SoHi.

I don't believe Lynch's decision is money driven more than it is wanting to play for his home team, but your point wasn't a good one.

Warren sapp and Randy Moss didn't give a **** about winning when they came here, it was only for a check (can't blame em)

Marshawn is financially stable, he's not hurting for money, he didn't have to come back. Bruh had the chance to play for his home town with a legit shot at the Super Bowl for 2 years.

I don't think Calvin is coming back, but if he was I don't believe it would be for strictly money purposes. He doesn't wanna play for the Lions anymore. He's been at Raiders training camp and is golfing with the QB and mentoring the receivers. Why can't Raider fans fantasize about him wanting to play here?

All I'm saying is this: this Raiders team is entirely different than the (late) Al Davis era. They've pretty much been built like an expansion team in the last 5 years and are poised to compete for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
651 really defending the lions tho?

.weebay

That's like me defending the bengals, which will never happen.

Did I defend the Lions or defend the facts?

The more time goes on, the sillier I think it is for me to be so passionate about spending time hating predisposed rivals for the sake of the team I only root for; not play for, but root for and have no direct impact on the results of their games.

With that, the Packers are always ugly to me, but I won't overlook reality in spite of being a fan.

Did you proof read this? Players cashing out their last checks with the Raiders and you have two players coming out of retirement to cash what?...The first checks of their new, 10-year careers? This is their last money grab too, SoHi.

I don't believe Lynch's decision is money driven more than it is wanting to play for his home team, but your point wasn't a good one.

Warren sapp and Randy Moss didn't give a **** about winning when they came here, it was only for a check (can't blame em)

Marshawn is financially stable, he's not hurting for money, he didn't have to come back. Bruh had the chance to play for his home town with a legit shot at the Super Bowl for 2 years.

I don't think Calvin is coming back, but if he was I don't believe it would be for strictly money purposes. He doesn't wanna play for the Lions anymore. He's been at Raiders training camp and is golfing with the QB and mentoring the receivers. Why can't Raider fans fantasize about him on the team?

All I'm saying is this: this Raiders team is entirely different than the (late) Al Davis era. They've pretty much been built like an expansion team in the last 5 years and are poised to compete for the foreseeable future.

I agree. They have potential.

@Buc Em

fitz0523_8col.jpg

Why would I wanna make ammend's with that? :lol:

Kickstarted a dynasty :smokin

I was always a fan of the Raiders and Al Davis's history growing up though,man took on the league head on and came out with W's more often than not :pimp: :pimp:

If you're not winning championships, your internal drama will be aired.  No way around it.  But drama isn't what's stopping this team from winning.  If the talent level on the O-line doesn't improve we're stuck losing in the divisional round or worse for the next decade.

Right now the Seahawks are where the Steelers were for most of last decade.  They have a super talented team with good coaching and some major holes they can't overcome.  Can get lucky one or two years and have a chance to win another one but we're not going to be favorites until this line is actually fixed.

NFC is sort of weak though.

If you're not winning championships, your internal drama will be aired.  No way around it.  But drama isn't what's stopping this team from winning.  If the talent level on the O-line doesn't improve we're stuck losing in the divisional round or worse for the next decade.

Right now the Seahawks are where the Steelers were for most of last decade.  They have a super talented team with good coaching and some major holes they can't overcome.  Can get lucky one or two years and have a chance to win another one but we're not going to be favorites until this line is actually fixed.

NFC is sort of weak though.

Valid points gonna valid.

Receiving core could use some work too.

Raiders were the one legit threat to the Pats this year, damn shame Carr broke his leg because that AFC Championship would have been a good one

At the same time Wilson is getting ****** victimized by his O-line and has dealt with some subpar receiver play in the past and has never put a teammate on blast to the public.  So I know people on here don't like RW but let's not act like it's this crazy double standard.  

I don't really mind what Sherman is saying, whatever.  He's a great player so let him be him.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme don't see exactly what Sherman thinks he's going accomplish.. I get there is a point to be made, but at what ultimate cost

And as 10027 points out, there are other existing issues

Percy Harvin ladies and gentlemen..

That UF 30 for 30 is going be gold.. going need dudes in that blackened identity hidden screen thing giving info

Posted this in the politics thread.. but really all it's missing is the face that flashed in the exorcist in the painting in the background

Or maybe swap that painting out for the one from the shining.. but they already got the 2 little girls from there

View media item 2444837

Maybe throw the red faced dude from the 1st insidious creeping out from behind someone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom