2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

Ordered a custom Raiders Tim Brown elite jersey in the old jersey style that just arrived today. Compared to the ready-made elite Raiders jerseys, the numbers and letters are a different shade of silver. The #12 is a Nike made Jacoby Ford elite that I got for a steal at Ross a few years back (been looking to convert the nameplate to a Gannon, but cant find anybody with the same style letters in a compatable shade) compared to the nflshop custom Brown (nflshop customs are fulfilled by Fanatics). Not a huge problem if you don't have the original to compare it to. And Raider Image website and stores for some reason don't believe in size 40. Haha.

Ordered a custom Raiders Tim Brown elite jersey in the old jersey style that just arrived today. Compared to the ready-made elite Raiders jerseys, the numbers and letters are a different shade of silver. The #12 is a Nike made Jacoby Ford elite that I got for a steal at Ross a few years back (been looking to convert the nameplate to a Gannon, but cant find anybody with the same style letters in a compatable shade) compared to the nflshop custom Brown (nflshop customs are fulfilled by Fanatics). Not a huge problem if you don't have the original to compare it to. And Raider Image website and stores for some reason don't believe in size 40. Haha.

So you got the jersey at nflshop.com? There are two choices for custom. I assume you got the 1st one?

http://www.nflshop.com/Oakland_Raid..._Nike_Black_Historic_Logo_Custom_Elite_Jersey

http://www.nflshop.com/Oakland_Raiders_Jerseys/Mens_Oakland_Raiders_Nike_Black_Elite_Custom_Jersey

Last edited:
Yes from nflshop and yes I got the historic jersey. The new style elite cut I got last year customized at nflshop had the same shade of silver as the one I just got.

Nflshop raider twill is a different shade, not as vibrant and bubbly. I would get a Nike or raider image one only.

Nflshop raider twill is a different shade, not as vibrant and bubbly. I would get a Nike or raider image one only.

I would if only Nike, nflshop or fanatics have the pre-made woodson. Raider Image has 44 but i have a runners body. i wanted the black woodson badly so i pulled the trigger on it via fanatics customized route. Using the 25% off, sales tax and combination of discounted raise.com GCs, i paid about $206. Too bad I couldn't stack the 10% military discount on top of that.

I recently picked up a white elite 51 woodson from a fellow ebayer. It was a customized jersey from nflshop.com, and no issues.

i'll report back when i receive the jersey.

Last edited:

Well it looks like raider twill issues might not be an issue anymore. They changed the twill for this season and added a black outline. No more of the dazzle twill

Makes me wonder what jersey people will get if they've ordered in the last month or so. The silver still looks like it has that "sparkle" in some other pictures though.

Makes me wonder what jersey people will get if they've ordered in the last month or so. The silver still looks like it has that "sparkle" in some other pictures though.

It's a different kind of twill though. It's flat silver. Doesn't have the lines like the old twill did.

Latest pick up.  Customized Mike Haynes jersey from nflshop.com.  The silver does have some sort of sparkle especially if you shine a flash light around it.  The fit and material are consistent with the ready-made versions.

I'm still waiting for my customized Woodson to arrive next week.  

Last edited:
Latest pick up.  Customized Mike Haynes jersey from nflshop.com.  The silver does have some sort of sparkle especially if you shine a flash light around it.  The fit and material are consistent with the ready-made versions.

I'm still waiting for my customized Woodson to arrive next week.  

That's the old twill and the twill color is still off. It doesn't match the color of the swoosh so it's not the same twill as the raider image or Nike. I wonder if the black outline / new twill be even sold this year.

....which also begs the question. Are these thwrills in question also apply to the white elites? I'm curious to know.

Last edited:
....which also begs the question. Are these thwrills in question also apply to the white elites? I'm curious to know.
I don't believe you have the same problem on the white elites, because the numbers are mostly black, which should be easier to match.  The issue only seems to be with the shade of silver, but FlyKnit can probably answer better.

Are you just finding discount codes for fanatics/nflshop or ebay?  All I see on ebay are a bunch of fakes and Darren McFadden and Denarius Moore jerseys.

Both but my #1 preference is eBay and fanatics probably my #2. I only use fanatics (with codes and discounted GC of course) if i need a jersey badly and that's after searching ebay.

Both but my #1 preference is eBay and fanatics probably my #2. I only use fanatics (with codes and discounted GC of course) if i need a jersey badly and that's after searching ebay.

The white is a bit better, the twill is a bit bubbly but not too bad overall. The silver outline is still the wrong silver but it's not that noticeable.

Also here is the best look at the raiders new home. Same twill it looks like, just the new outline.

Thanks for the valuable insight. Others might be bored.

Let's have a little ice breaker. Since nfl season is almost here I like to ask a random question. Do any of you collectors own jerseys of rival teams (i.e. NYG/NYJ, Pats/jets, Colts/Texans, Broncos/Chiefs, etc)? And do you get any hate from over zealous fans?

Last edited:
Need Nike to do something like this again, they been slacking on rewind apparel and clothing in general. Thought the NFL would be way better with them as an outfitter but it's been meh outside of some nice jackets. 

Last edited:
Only buy Giants jerseys, will buy a Kaep if I can find a good price and will probably put tape over the 49ers logo.

Love that Revis jersey.

Giants need to release more white Elite jerseys. Waiting on that ODB.

I bought a four of these off NDC when they had a sale. Bought them for family Christmas gifts, $19 a pop. They feel pretty warm, got that therma fit. They still have mad teams now for like $30 ish

Last edited:
I'm a die hard raider fan. Won't buy or wear any other teams jersey. I collect raider jerseys but I only wear them to games (season ticket holder). The raiders are my fav team though in all of sports. For other leagues I'm not that serious.

I ordered an Elite Raiders Mack jersey last week off of Fanatics. I received the 2015 version without the black outline. So it looks like at least for now that the new numbers aren't out there yet.

Personally i buy and wear Raiders jerseys only, and for the last 2 seasons have only been buying Elites. Might be tempted to buy an Elite for players that I like on other teams if the price is good enough, but I don't know if they would get much wear, if any.

Back
Top Bottom