2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

this man, is still employed.. by the raiders:

peterman.png
:lol: hella forgot we signed this dude.

Does anyone know if anyone made any attempts at signing Kaep in the NFL? Considering his request for $20M a year to the AAF, I wonder if teams were just not willing to pay for Kaep in addition to the criticism it would bring.

What kind of dirt could they have on the owners that is worse than what we already know?

The mistreatment of the players alone should be all the dirt anyone needs to stop watching the NFL

If actual emails/texts were revealed between Owners/Team officials, specifically telling other teams not to sign Kaep, emails with certain language used, those revelations could have given the NFL a huge black eye.

The NFL obviously didn't want this stuff to get out for a reason.

If actual emails/texts were revealed between Owners/Team officials, specifically telling other teams not to sign Kaep, emails with certain language used, those revelations could have given the NFL a huge black eye.

Yup.. nfl/owners lucky kaep and Reid had a price

Cause if dudes were just all out scorched earth and wanted their day in court and the ability to speak freely, league woulda been screwed...

... until games started, like any other scandal

The owners are just too stupid or arrogant to avoid shh

Yup.. nfl/owners lucky kaep and Reid had a price

Cause if dudes were just all out scorched earth and wanted their day in court and the ability to speak freely, league woulda been screwed...

... until games started, like any other scandal

The owners are just too stupid or arrogant to avoid shh

How do we know the NFL didnt settle just to avoid years of litigation? Not saying i believe that, but it wasnt really specified. Now we may not ever know.

But yeah, i agree with no one caring once the games start. If it came out the owners colluded, they wouldnt face any consequences. If anything, it would create buzz during the offseason and the owners would benefit.

Any current or former NFL player is free to go scorch earthed and expose the league whenever they please. The problem is they been exposed and no one cares enough to boycott the product.

How do we know the NFL didnt settle just to avoid years of litigation? Not saying i believe that, but it wasnt really specified. Now we may not ever know.

But yeah, i agree with no one caring once the games start. If it came out the owners colluded, they wouldnt face any consequences. If anything, it would create buzz during the offseason and the owners would benefit.

Any current or former NFL player is free to go scorch earthed and expose the league whenever they please. The problem is they been exposed and no one cares enough to boycott the product.

Money party usually dictates how long things drag out, see deflagate

All depends on goals.. sometimes they don’t want to set the principle.. others they don’t want the headache or realize the costs

Monet party could also use costs as a tactic knowing the other side don’t got the money to sustain til the end

I mean why risk injury in a league like the AAF or elsewhere?!?

Love of the game. One last hurrah.

I don't doubt his love for football, but I believe his passion for the cause is his new priority and something he's fully vested in, which means he probably doesn't want to dedicate the time to football at the sacrifice of his efforts to do something bigger.

All conjecture, of course.

If he didn’t have a good case the owners would have let it go to court and fall apart. Why would you settle?

To move on and avoid defamation, maybe. I wouldn't expect the owners to play nice and why get dragged through the mud when you get the money he's reportedly going to get, which can further help advance his message, not waste so much time bogged down in litigation, and allow him to place his focus on other avenues that could reap more progress.

Hard to know for sure.

i honestly don't know what to think about the Kaep stuff. like on one hand, i know the priority is raising awareness and donating to the cause. but at the same time, this league NEEDS to get checked for BS like this. i fee like we lost the latter in this, but of course, that's OK if the money goes to helping the cause

i honestly don't know what to think about the Kaep stuff. like on one hand, i know the priority is raising awareness and donating to the cause. but at the same time, this league NEEDS to get checked for BS like this. i fee like we lost the latter in this, but of course, that's OK if the money goes to helping the cause

At some point in time, I think...no, I hope, the owners and league does get checked, but I don't know if this is the issue to take it from 0 to 100. Kaep is and should be forever recognized as the first crusader that starts moving the mountain, but I think it's gonna take a series of events and more f ups by the league before there's the avalanche that cause any change.

I'm highly annoyed with the NFL right now. A great thing becoming increasingly intolerable and nothing being done to change that or demonstrate they even recognize the degradation.

Last edited:
At some point in time, I think...no, I hope, the owners and league does get checked, but I don't know if this is the issue to take it from 0 to 100. Kaep is and should be forever recognized as the first crusader that starts moving the mountain, but I think it's gonna take a series of events and more f ups by the league before there's the avalanche that cause any change.

I'm highly annoyed with the NFL right now.

that's pretty well put :pimp:

you think there were actual texts/emails colluding to not sign him? If Kap's team knew there was, than he's weak for settling. I don't think there was. And if there were, how would you ever prove that?

At the end of the day, i think both sides felt their cases weren't that strong. Kap's lawyers probably knew it would be a challenge to prove their case 100%. $60-$80M is a big time drop in the bucket for these owners. They literally got rid of this case for just over $2M per team. Smart move by them

I'm highly annoyed with the NFL right now. A great thing becoming increasingly intolerable and nothing being done to change that or demonstrate they even recognize the degradation.

Why not be annoyed with Kaepernick too? It takes two sides to come to an agreement, and Kaep was more than willing. The dude got blackballed for protesting police violence, and now he’s cutting a deal with those very same people? Something ain’t adding up :lol:

He had a price, pretty much everyone does

The principal didn't outweigh saying no to that and I don't blame him, it ain't my money

Just hard to get worked up with Malcolm Jenkins and other players coalition members who also came to their arrangement with the owners

Why not be annoyed with Kaepernick too? It takes two sides to come to an agreement, and Kaep was more than willing. The dude got blackballed for protesting police violence, and now he’s cutting a deal with those very same people? Something ain’t adding up :lol:

It could very well be that...we don't really know specifics , so I'm going off the precedence that 1 or 2 men, in this case Kaep and Reid, haven't boded well when going up against the NFL. In order for Kaep and Reid to win, there would essentially need to be an unambiguous event or events that demonstrates collusion. That's going to be hard to prove. As it is, Kaep gets 10's of millions to move on where he otherwise likely gets nothing. And while there may not be a smoking gun that proves collusion, owners can keep away any digging that could very well lead to many more questions. I can't blame Kaep for taking the money, because even if he doesn't take it to a certain level versus the NFL, he started the movement that can chip away at the machine, all the while being funded to continue his pursuit in ways more meaningful on the ground level for now, because as I said, I doubt this is the sole event that exposes the NFL whether they proceeded with this suit or not.

so what was the difference between Jenkins and Kaep for Reid to talk so much **** about Jenkins for being a sell out. I never understood what Jenkins did.

The principle of how it went down or something...I remember a recap of it from awhile back and that seemed to be the underlying factor...not necessarily the result or whatever.

651, thoughts on what the Vikings should do in the first few rounds?

-Need to find two new starting guards by next September. The only way Reiff actually moves to guard like some are reporting as a possibility is if they have already fallen in love with a LT in the draft at No. 18, and this person can start as soon as next season. Otherwise, Reiff stays at LT and you need two new starting guards.

-Need to build CB depth because I think either one of Rhodes or Waynes will be gone by the start of the 2020 season.

-I’m completely comfortable with Anthony Harris starting opposite of Harrison Smith, so don’t think they need to go safety in the first few rounds for sure.

-Need to find a good No. 3 WR, if that were a R.Cobb-type player or a draft pick, whatever, I’m open to a lot of options.

-Building LB depth could be all of a sudden important depending on if we prioritize Barr in FA, how the team views Eric Wilson moving forward (I like him a lot, but am wondering off and on how he’d do in a permanent, expanded role).

Those are the areas I’m targeting.

Last edited:
651, thoughts on what the Vikings should do in the first few rounds?

-Need to find two new starting guards by next September.

-Need to build CB depth because I think either one of Rhodes or Waynes will be gone by the start of the 2020 season.

-I’m completely comfortable with Anthony Harris starting opposite of Harrison Smith, so don’t think they need to go safety in the first few rounds for sure.

-Need to find a good No. 3 WR, if that were a R.Cobb-type player or a draft pick, whatever, I’m open to a lot of options.

-Building LB depth could be all of a sudden important depending on if we prioritize Barr in FA, how the team views Eric Wilson moving forward (I like him a lot, but am wondering off and on how he’d do in a permanent, expanded role).

Those are the areas I’m targeting.

O-line definitely #1. They just need to make sure they hit on that in the 1st round, whether it's a versatile guy or not. Need to hit on a Olineman.

2nd round I was hoping Hockenson, but he seems to be mocked up in the 1st. They need another TE. 1. Because their offense and Cousins will find better success, I believe, with more PA, and a TE or multiple are great for that style, but also because Rudolph is getting older and is not as dynamic as the new breed TEs of today. I think a playmaking TE is more important than a WR3 given their existing personnel. Further, it was evidenced when David Morgan missed a few games mid-season just how much his versatility at TE helps the offense. Hes not explosive by any means, but he does things Rudolph can't, so if they can find a more athletic David Morgan, their offense will propel, in my opinion.

Third priority in my mind is a playmakibg edge rusher or LB. I'm not sure they retain Barr, but his inconsistency on top of Griffens age has me a bit worried. They need to stay strong on the first 2 levels of the defense and I'm cool with their secondary. Hill was a nice surprise and they still have Hughes in the mix who looked like a stud prior to the knee injury he suffered. They'll still be deep at corner if they lost one. And as you said, Harris is good enough oppo Harry, so I really think the secondary is solid and not a need.

I want them to take another RB at some point too, but should be later rounds.

Last edited:

Anthony Harris really made the most of Sendejo's groin injury. He's a RFA though, so you guys have to lock him up long term and cut Sendejo, which saves the Vikes $5.5M against the cap. Think it was SNF, Harris showed out and picked off Mitch twice at Chicago.

A shame Treadwell is looking like a potential first-round bust for Minny. I was a proponent of his leading up to the 2016 Draft, but among other things, injuries and mentality have derailed his young career. It's obvious 'Quon would never be a downfield threat, but he doesn't always run the crispest routes and there were a few noticeable drops this past season too.

A lot of NFL scouts fear the same thing will happen to ASU's N'Keal Harry at the next level. Has a 42-inch vertical though...

Agree on cutting Sendejo.

Treadwell cost the Vikings a game early on...I was very high on him well before Minnesota drafted him, but he's been a major disappointment.

Another thing is they need to re-sign Sheldon.

Another thing is they need to re-sign Sheldon.
I think Minny is begrudgingly going to let Richardson walk because the Vikes have limited cap flexibility and Sheldon is going to ask for $10M annually. Richardson definitely revived his career after looking like he lost the passion and fire his lone season in Seattle. Was pressuring the QB at a rate second only to Hunter. My guess is Spielman will plug a cheaper replacement alongside Hunter, Joseph and Griffen.

I'm hoping they drop Griffen and potentially Rhodes for the space. They need to be a tad creative, but it's hard to find interior guys like Sheldon with that type of production. Griffen is more replaceable, in my opinion. Weatherly shows flashes and keeps getting better, a la Hunter, he's just not the same kind of athlete. It's also why I suggest they grab another edge rusher/playmaking LB in the draft because of the idea of letting Griff go.

Hey 651akathepaul 651akathepaul I'd like to know what you think will take the Colts to the next level?

Dudes talk Bout Leveon but I don't think we need him. AB would be a nice addition but I hate how he left the Steelers. I wouldn't want that in my lockeroom, and we need a 2nd guy, not a first competing Hilton.

Defense is wide open, I think we need help at all positions. Darius Leonard is a shining light on an otherwise abysmal defence.

Back
Top Bottom