2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

I feel like reviewing PI calls gets too muddy

The state of officiating has diminished considerably. This was never an issue as bad as it is now. Yes, fine and fire so they have a reason to want to do right in the first place.

This is only after the fact to you guys who ain't listening. I been saying this is an issue that will only get worse if there's nothing in place to ensure these refs know what they're actually doing. There's been quotes of these fools not having a clue how to call the game cause of the constant and contradicting rule changes.

I don't agree with yet another reason for the refs to excusably make an incorrect call, no matter how obvious it is to a laymen.

Nuclear option. :lol:

It's a ****ing sport. Doesnt need to be this difficult.

Sorry man, the thought didnt seem too difficult to me. Quite easy in fact

Define game changing? Thats literally every call or missed call. Every single play can make an impact. Not sure why you need to get condescending about it. I agree every PI call gets muddled, but so too does every game changing play. Its yet again objective, which everyone struggles with to begin.

Refs should not miss that call. Egregious error. "Egregious" is inexcusable. Did you not say it was egregious or something to that effect earlier? This is fundamental **** that no team should have to challenge in the first place.

Define game changing? Thats literally every call or missed call. Every single play can make an impact. Not sure why you need to get condescending about it. I agree every PI call gets muddled, but so too does every game changing play. Its yet again objective, which everyone struggles with to begin.

Refs should not miss that call. Egregious error. "Egregious" is inexcusable. Did you not say it was egregious or something to that effect earlier? This is fundamental **** that no team should have to challenge in the first place.
Refs should be suspended and I’m dead serious. A tick tack holding missed? cool.

Yesterday dude legitimately committed 3 fouls on 1 play :lol:

Not trying to be condescending my man

I dont disagree with most of you're saying but I believe isn't the craziest idea to give a team some power to combat ineptness cause the league only cares so much to do so themselves with their culture of officiating

Define game changing? You're right that could be any call but that's also at the discretion of the team to take that chance.

Yeah alot is inexcusable and yes a team shouldn't have to be put in that position to begin with. That doesnt change the fact that it can and will happen. I don't see any issue with having safeguards to inexcusable behavior

When we say egregious though, can we agree that we are referring to a call or no call, which is a clear mistake by a referee?

If so, we're now contemplating the idea of using all challenges and/or available TO's for a team to correct a clear mistake by a referee (egregious), one of which is objective in nature (PI or any of the numerous calls that are objective, which are most) and then ask them to again, objectively review a call they obviously didn't see correctly in the first place, and then ask them to change a call -- with a team risking all means to correct actual close calls and flags in the future, perhaps along with all means of stopping the clock -- just to fix an otherwise easy call?

Again, this perpetuates the issue. Accountability is only part of the equation, but putting another band-aid on ineptitude doesn't fix the problem and only delays the inevitable.

It's gotten worse and worse. That was the worst non-call I've ever seen.

Why isn't more modern technology used in the NFL?

It's 2019 and a first down is determined by a judgement call by the line judge, chains, & a stick.

Cause it's really not that hard to spot a ball, though, that is also now become a question mark.

If the NFL really needs technology to fix that...

When we say egregious though, can we agree that we are referring to a call or no call, which is a clear mistake by a referee?

If so, we're now contemplating the idea of using all challenges and/or available TO's for a team to correct a clear mistake by a referee (egregious), one of which is objective in nature (PI or any of the numerous calls that are objective, which are most) and then ask them to again, objectively review a call they obviously didn't see correctly in the first place, and then ask them to change a call -- with a team risking all means to correct actual close calls and flags in the future, perhaps along with all means of stopping the clock -- just to fix an otherwise easy call?

Again, this perpetuates the issue. Accountability is only part of the equation, but putting another band-aid on ineptitude doesn't fix the problem and only delays the inevitable.

It's gotten worse and worse. That was the worst non-call I've ever seen.

I honestly don't have an issue with this imo. Not saying I have vetted this idea logistically in how it would work in conjunction with the challenge system itself but I'm all for both teams having an opportunity to have that chance at any time of a game for one attempt to fix a bad call (non challeng-able) to benefit their team. Better than a commish stepping in (which they wouldn't anyways)

I just dont see it as band aid. I do believe that things like accountability, a less convaluted rule book (catch rule) and other things need to be put in place to put a better product on the field for the long term. It's just hard to see a team helpless when they have no real say on such a blown call. I don't know how much the league would need to reprimand an official for it to happen less but an idea such as this also shouldn't relieve an official for being dealt with accordingly even if they corrected such an easy call to make after the fact

in Mahomes first year as a starter, they had the best offense in the league were real close to getting to a SB, with defense that couldn't stop ****, that's a really good accomplishment, next year they should be in position to win something by adding some quality to that defense

I think you missed my point. You said pre injury Wentz was running thru the league, like it was a given they would win it all with him instead of Foles.

They were running thru the league, just like Mahones was this year, and then.....

Whatever you're trying to tell me about Washing and Oakland and 1985 doesn't factor in to what your first point and my counterpoint are.

Only game we actually needed foles or any our QBs to play well to win during the super bowl run, was the super bowl

Foles still the gawd, thou

My new favorite flavor

99563213-CC16-42A7-8CA9-9BB19546F729.jpeg

IATT IATT has this been addressed yet :nerd:

CBF04A18-C605-44DB-BB76-7A4CBF769D7C.jpeg

Last couple pages

Although I have never met the man, it is hard for me to believe someone who goes to Haiti to do charity work during their time off in consecutive offseasons and raises money and brings awareness to Haiti during the season and goes as far as to subtweet president when he makes disparaging remarks about certain countries as a spoiled person

Also considering he wasn't even a 1 star recruit coming out of high school and ended up at North Dakota state where he was a redshirt and had to earn the starting job

And again, was supposed to be the backup his rookie year with us until teddy got hurt so we had a chance to trade Bradford.. not sure how all that works for the "he's had his *** kissed his whole life" part

But if you're so inclined:
https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/...sit-haiti-to-help-build-youth-sports-complex/

Last edited:
Man.. I really hope dude is ok and doesn't have any lingering affects.. I wouldn't even wanna image having to wear something like this:

I think you missed my point. You said pre injury Wentz was running thru the league, like it was a given they would win it all with him instead of Foles.

They were running thru the league, just like Mahones was this year, and then.....

Whatever you're trying to tell me about Washing and Oakland and 1985 doesn't factor in to what your first point and my counterpoint are.

Wentz was putting up numbers but they were 5-6 with him starting and 4-1. Not sure of opponents or anything but is 5-6 really running thru the league?

Man.. I really hope dude is ok and doesn't have any lingering affects.. I wouldn't even wanna image having to wear something like this:

:wow: :wow: :wow: man, that is freaky. Imagine that it’s a northeast winter too. I would basically just wear 1.5 legged joggers and a sneaker all the time because anything else is probably too damb uncomfortable. Also - is that blood on the side of his leg :sick:

Also - the timing of the pic is incredible because you can see everyone looking at his leg

Smmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhh karlee now too?!??

:smh:

What in these oooss water??

Well at least a trump I can support is back

Back
Top Bottom