2018-2019 NBA Bracket Challenge

antidope

Supporter
Year Seven of the Annual Niketalk Playoff Bracket Challenge is here. For those whole are new to NT/this thread, its a standard bracket challenge, you pick the team that you think will win each series, and in how many games, and earn points depending on how correct your guesses are.

You will need to register on the http://nbabracketology.com/ website, and once groups go live I will create a Niketalk group and circulate the password.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1st Round:
1. vs 8.

4. vs 5.

3. vs 6.

2. vs 7.

Conference Semifinals:
Winner of 1 vs 8 Vs Winner of 4 vs 5

Winner of 2 vs 7 Vs Winner of 3 vs 6

Conference Finals:
1 vs 2.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. vs 8.

4. vs 5.

3. vs 6.

2. vs 7.

Conference Semifinals:

Conference Finals:
1 vs 2.

NBA Finals:

East Champion Vs West Champion

Here is the bracket from last years Champion,

4C271C84-D6E2-46EF-BDB1-6518DCE0F212.jpeg

Scoring:

In the first round, you get 10 points for picking the series winner, with an additional 5 point bonus for getting the number of games correct. This doubles in each round all the way through the NBA Finals. (80 points for winner, 40 point bonus)

Tiebreaker:

In the event of a tied score, the tie breaker rules will go into effect which decide the winner based on series accuracy in reverse chronological order (Finals back to first round). I.E I will check the score accumulated in the Conference Finals and whoever had the higher point total will be the winner. If the score was tied in the Conference Finals I will go back to the Semi Finals, and so on.

Prizes:

There will be a prize this year, as has been the case in years past. and being that there is a prize please only make one bracket. This went really well last year and I didnt see one duplicate and would hate to see it spoiled cause its a fun thing to do every year.

Will circle back around once registration opens but wanted to put it out there early.

Registration will close upon the start of the first playoff game and there will be NO LATE ENTRIES

Year Seven of the Annual Niketalk Playoff Bracket Challenge is here. For those whole are new to NT/this thread, its a standard bracket challenge, you pick the team that you think will win each series, and in how many games, and earn points depending on how correct your guesses are.

You will need to register on the http://nbabracketology.com/ website, and once groups go live I will create a Niketalk group and circulate the password.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1st Round:
1. vs 8.

4. vs 5.

3. vs 6.

2. vs 7.

Conference Semifinals:

Conference Finals:
1 vs 2.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. vs 8.

4. vs 5.

3. vs 6.

2. vs 7.

Conference Semifinals:

Conference Finals:
1 vs 2.

NBA Finals:

East Champion Vs West Champion

Here is the bracket from last years Champion,

4C271C84-D6E2-46EF-BDB1-6518DCE0F212.jpeg

Scoring:

In the first round, you get 10 points for picking the series winner, with an additional 5 point bonus for getting the number of games correct. This doubles in each round all the way through the NBA Finals. (80 points for winner, 40 point bonus)

Tiebreaker:

In the event of a tied score, the tie breaker rules will go into effect which decide the winner based on series accuracy in reverse chronological order (Finals back to first round). I.E I will check the score accumulated in the Conference Finals and whoever had the higher point total will be the winner. If the score was tied in the Conference Finals I will go back to the Semi Finals, and so on.

Prizes:

There will be a prize this year, as has been the case in years past. and being that there is a prize please only make one bracket. This went really well last year and I didnt see one duplicate and would hate to see it spoiled cause its a fun thing to do every year.

Will circle back around once registration opens but wanted to put it out there early.

Registration will close upon the start of the first playoff game and there will be NO LATE ENTRIES
Hopefully we can break 100 this year.
Groups You Belong To
Name Created By Members
Niketalk Picks 2018 AntidopeNT 94 entrants View

I feel like most are too internet savvy to need this nowadays but I was thinking the prize should be a year of League Pass

I feel like most are too internet savvy to need this nowadays but I was thinking the prize should be a year of League Pass
That's not a bad idea for those who don't indulge. I was thinking there could be 2-3 options with LP being one and maybe another idea could be a pair of tickets to a game

Of course beggars can't be choosers :smile: so any prize would be appreciated

I thought about tickets before as well it would definitely need to be a backup option for our non NBA city people. I like it. To a certain price cap of course

I cannot stress it enough, one entry per person please. Haven't seen this not respected in the past which I appreciate, but felt like I should just say it as I expect more entries than every this year.

904B01BC-77EF-41A7-9C69-6E1CCC896CF5.jpeg

“I SEE YOU WIT IT, IM WIT IT MY *****, LETS GET IT” :pimp:

i feel as if i have become too big of a niketalk celebrity to enter this novice competition this year...

Back
Top Bottom