2018 Golden Globe Awards Thread January 7 NBC

I dont think shes in the movie as actor, she was the director for Lady Bird which was also her debut. The movie was ok but reviewers made it seem like it was the greatest coming of age movie ever
I was talking about her as a writer.

She's written and co-written a couple movies. Frances Ha comes to mind.

I knew the movie was getting hot air blown up its *** to a degree.

Damn, Gary Oldman + Frances McDormand won their categories

The year of the underdogs for sure

BRUH HOW TF DID EWAN MCGREGOR WIN OVER KYLE MACLACHAN?! Fargo season 3 was ****ing garbage

Looking at these winners got me heated right now

BRUH HOW TF DID EWAN MCGREGOR WIN OVER KYLE MACLACHAN?! Fargo season 3 was ****ing garbage

I'm a big fan of Ewan, but let's be real: he only won because he played 2 "roles" on Fargo (twins).

Allison Janney & Saoirse Ronan winning in their categories are the only things i can agree with

Franco winning for doing a great Tommy Wisseau impersonation dont bother me much either but he shoulda brought dude on stage too. I woulda gave that award to Daniel but you already knew they were gon screw over Get Out in every category when they nominated it for best comedy :smh:

4F536A43-C40B-495D-931D-1D19D54E181B.jpeg

Kirk Douglas tonight...

Dang. Twin peaks that good?

Thou shall not speak I’ll of kenobi.

I agree ladybird overrates AF. I mean I enjoyed it, but it’s fetting really high praise.
Keith>>> :lol:

Laura Dern couldn’t bring B Diddy?
For real for real.
You know he's down to roll wherever.

I need to know where HE WAS that could have been more important.
Somebody head over to his Twitter and find out where this ***** was, man.

denzel and daniel got robbed
I saw both and I can see why both didn't win.

They were both technical showcases of talent but not particularly their most powerful performances.

I haven't seen Darkest Hour but off trailer, promo, and knowing about Churchill alone I can see why Old man got it and probably will get the Oscar.

But Ewan did portray 2 very different kind of characters effortlessly.

He did twice the work.

I couldn't finish that season of Twin Peaks.

Last edited:
Dang. Twin peaks that good?

Thou shall not speak I’ll of kenobi.

I agree ladybird overrates AF. I mean I enjoyed it, but it’s fetting really high praise.
Keith>>> :lol:
Ewan was superb in his two roles in Fargo, with that being said, he didn't belong on the same stage with Kyle's performance in TwinPeaks.
No way in hell he won that.

Franco winning for doing a great Tommy Wisseau impersonation dont bother me much either but he shoulda brought dude on stage too.
He did bring Tommy on stage, just didn't let him talk :lol:

you already knew they were gon screw over Get Out in every category when they nominated it for best comedy :smh:
That's one thing I don't like about the Globes. They go out of their way to separate comedy and drama which is fine in theory until you see how they force complex movies to choose from being a comedy or drama.

They had The Martian in the comedy category a year or two back.

I mean hell Get Out is more sci-fi horror than comedy or drama. Its bull ****.

all these movies overrated i, tonya ladybird, three billboards, mudbound
I Tonya was dope. You on your own there lol
I saw both and I can see why both didn't win.

They were both technical showcases of talent but not particularly their most powerful performances.

I haven't seen Darkest Hour but off trailer, promo, and knowing about Churchill alone I can see why Old man got it and probably will get the Oscar.

But Ewan did portray 2 very different kind of characters effortlessly.

He did twice the work.

I couldn't finish that season of Twin Peaks.

His characters werent even the best ones in the show tho :stoneface:

Daniel Thewlis & MEW were both better. **** that season regardless. **** was complete trash

Also these award shows need to give some damn respect to Mr Robot :smh:

I'm all for gender equality and making a workplace safe for all races / sexes but if this is what all awards shows are going to be like in the near future moving forward I'm just going to turn them off. Overkill. Where were all these women before who knew this type of disgusting behavior was going on? Sitting in those same seats laughing at comedians making jokes about their plight but knew if they spoke up it would affect their pockets. Now that it is all out in the open all these women want to take a public stance.

That’s.......kinda how it works, no? :lol:

It’s called empowerment. Look it up.

Relax bruh the golden globes are a joke and don’t matter. Nobody even knows who the Hollywood foreign press are :lol:

You still got the emmys for Kyle to win

Back
Top Bottom