2018 NBA FINALS THREAD: WARRIORS WIN 3RD TITLE IN 4 SEASONS

Who you got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i'm thinking too. Bron and Green take turns on kd. Jeff probably gets in foul trouble every night though. He's nowhere near quick enough or tall enough to guard kd. So then he'd have to rely on physicality....whistles gonna be whistling.

Shooting over a chair. KD was wetting Anthony freaking Davis up at full extension.

Don’t really think it’ll matter. Like you mentioned, he’ll be working hard regardless.

Kerr’s system uses every player on the floor. Curry and Klay are running pindowns every possession. If you give up chasing, it’s an open 3.

If you try to guard someone who isn’t a shooter and play safety to try to help on Durant, then that guy is setting a screen for Curry/Klay and they’ll be wide open since you’re not there to switch.

He’ll only be able to rest when Cleveland has the ball regardless of who he’s guarding. And while he’s taking possessions off, I don’t know how they score since Love has always struggled with the matchup. He even has difficulty taking advantage of Klay.

If lue want's to get creative he can go 3-2 zone to cover the shooters and conserve energy

giphy.gif

Zone with the best ball movement/body movement team in basketball. Seems smart.

That's why I said creative... throw a curve on that offense.. it's unstoppable no matter what defense you play . You just need to rattle it to have a chance

Zone with the best ball movement/body movement team in basketball. Seems smart.

Right. And KD the ultimate zone buster :lol:.

Only way Clev can compete is to crush the dubs on the board...get away with fouls and slow the pace.

Miss a few shots consecutively for Clev and don’t get back in transition....Issa wrap!

That's why I said creative... throw a curve on that offense.. it's unstoppable no matter what defense you play . You just need to rattle it to have a chance

Rockets showed it wasn't unstoppable. Cavs just don't have near the personnel to do it. Like Wavy said, be physical, crush them on the boards and maybe ultimately get Steph in foul trouble early (cause they do have a different dynamic when he's not out there, it shrinks the floor for the opponent). That's why I think Bron is going to come out running 1-3 pick and roll to try and get switched on him early.

Zone is literally probably the worst thing you can do cause you leave yourself susceptible to offensive boards and the LAST thing you want to do is give GS MORE opportunities at the basket.

Rockets showed it wasn't unstoppable. Cavs just don't have near the personnel to do it. Like Wavy said, be physical, crush them on the boards and maybe ultimately get Steph in foul trouble early (cause they do have a different dynamic when he's not out there, it shrinks the floor for the opponent). That's why I think Bron is going to come out running 1-3 pick and roll to try and get switched on him early.

Zone is literally probably the worst thing you can do cause you leave yourself susceptible to offensive boards and the LAST thing you want to do is give GS MORE opportunities at the basket.

I guess cause it works for me in 2k when I play against the warriors I thought it would be a good idea

Last edited:
if Lue goes zone, Kerr should have the team run the triangle. **** it. They have the shooter/ball-handlers and passers to annihilate the triangle :lol:

If lue want's to get creative he can go 3-2 zone to cover the shooters and conserve energy

Bro, this isn't NBA 2k where you can run that **** and win games.

Do you have any idea how awful 3-2 zones are if the opposing team has corner 3 shooters, back door cutters, and constant ball movement will destroy this effort. Besides, the Cavs don't have the perimeter defenders quick/smart enough to recover to even remotely make this an option.

We've seen what it takes to wear out the Warriors. A few teams have showed us the blueprint before. You're best bet is to wear them out in the boards, play them tight off the 3 and push them around in the perimeter.

This year, if you can take advantage of the moments when they "mentally check out" of games, you can give yourself a solid chance to win. Tritan Thompson and Larry Nance Jr. are going to be HUGE for Cleveland if they want to win this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom