2018 NBA FINALS THREAD: WARRIORS WIN 3RD TITLE IN 4 SEASONS

Who you got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else think Jordan Clarkson was a trade bust?
Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 11.59.21 AM.png

Dirk had no other all star on that team (single greatest run I've ever seen by a player in one postseason)
Hakeem in 94 comes to mind as well

Wildin' with this comment. He had some excellent support from mid to high IQ ballplayers on that team along with a coach that had a system in place to get the best out of them as well as the new additions vs. the previous year. I'd put my money on Dirk, Butler, Marion, Kidd and Terry in their primes vs. a 'super-team' that just formed.

Duncan gets no credit for leading the only West team to beat Kobe, Shaq & Phil?

Manu was a rookie, Tony in year 2, Admiral was washed.
That 2003 Spurs team was criminally underrated.

Had Kobe on the bench crying at the end of that series.

Wildin' with this comment. He had some excellent support from mid to high IQ ballplayers on that team along with a coach that had a system in place to get the best out of them as well as the new additions vs. the previous year. I'd put my money on Dirk, Butler, Marion, Kidd and Terry in their primes vs. a 'super-team' that just formed.

Wylin? Dirk literally had no other all star in 2011. None of those guys you mentioned were in their prime that season. What he did in taking down the defending champs in a sweep (Kobe), KD, Russ and Harden in 5, and the Heatles (prime Bron & Wade) won't be topped. That's probably all top 30-40 players all time in one run. Pretty sure they were underdogs in every series except the 1st rd.

That 2003 Spurs team was criminally underrated.

Had Kobe on the bench crying at the end of that series.

Fatigue from 3 straight finals run. Immediately proceeded to get beat again next season with a more seasoned squad.

here's the regular season leaders for each team Minus The Stars (Dirk & Bron)..

37 yr Old J Kidd - 33 mpg, 8/8/4 on 36/34/87 vs 29yr Old K.Love - 28mpg 18/9/2 on 46/42/80
33 yr Old J Terry - 31 mpg, 16/2/4 on 45/36/85 vs 32yr Old J.R Smith - 28 mpg 8/3/2 on 40/38/70
32 yr old S Marion - 28 mpg, 13/7/1 on 52/15/77 vs 31 yr Old G.Hill 28 mpg 9/3/3 on 44/35/80
28 yr Old Tyson Chandler - 28 mpg, 10/9 & 1blk per game (Won Defensive Player Of The Year) vs 25 yr Old R Hood - 25 mpg, 11/3/1 on 44/35/81
26 yr Old JJ Barea - 20 mpg, 10/2/4 on 44/34/85 vs 31 yr old J Green - 23 mpg, 11/3/1on 48/31/87
31 yr Old Brendon Haywood - 18 mpg, 4/5/ 1 blk on 57/0/36 vs 25 yr Old J Clarkson - 25mpg, 13/2/2 on 45/40/81
29 yr Old D Stevenson - 16 mpg, 5/2/1 on 39/38/76 vs 36 yr Old K. Korver 9/2/2 on 46/44/89

Somehow Some Way Dirks team was "underrated" And not given the credit they deserve. But Lebrons team is the worst thing to ever see the finals & he should be applauded for even winning a game. Yet the team Dirk was on Beat a Good Lakers team & proceeded to beat Lebrons team with two Future HOF'ers in their prime... Yet Dirk is just given an "amazing series" notch. No talk of unbeatable odds, no this is the greatest performance we've seen from a Superstar, No David Vs Goliath. Apparently his team who had 37 YEAR OLD J Kidd playing the second most minutes, Along with 6'2 & 5'10 Wings playing against Prime Lebron & Wade were somehow equipped to handle the HEAT.

Fatigue from 3 straight finals run. Immediately proceeded to get beat again next season with a more seasoned squad.

Lakers reloaded with an old but still savvy Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

I remember Malone’s defense against Duncan being important and I also remember the Spurs being down big just to come back and take the lead and Derek Fisher throwing up that shot with like 3 tenths of a second left.

Had it not been for the Shaq and Kobe Lakers of that era Duncan might have another title or two.

Butler didn't Play in the Finals, Jason Kidd was 37 yrs Old, And Both Terry & Marion were clearly out of their Prime.

Dude got Spanked by Dirk Nowitski & Role Players

Butler didn't Play in the Finals, Jason Kidd was 37 yrs Old, And Both Terry & Marion were clearly out of their Prime.

Dude got Spanked by Dirk Nowitski & Role Players

So did the back to back champion Lakers though.

They had Kobe, Pau Gasol (a top 30-50 player all time), the perrenial 6th man of the year (Odom), Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum who was one of the best Centers in the league before his knees evaporated.

Where's the dissection on how the Mavs SWEPT the Lakers?

So did the back to back champion Lakers though.

They had Kobe, Pau Gasol (a top 30-50 player all time), the perrenial 6th man of the year (Odom), Ron Artest and Andrew Bynum who was one of the best Centers in the league before his knees evaporated.

Where's the dissection on how the Mavs SWEPT the Lakers?

Fatigue of 3 straight finals there's a reason before the Bron Heat/Cavs run and now the warriors it hadn't been done since 1985 (making 4 straight finals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom