2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raps gonna do what they do every year, see Lebby, get all gooey and wet, and bend right over for him.
When the Cavs get eliminated by the 6ers tho and then Bron goes there in the offseason
200.gif

This is why I’m gonna need him to for sure lose to the Raptors so there’s no slander in case this happens :lol:

Im here for when the Cavs lose to the Sixers and lebron jumps aboard the Sixers bandwagon. The lulz from the lebron stans alone would be worth it. "This is completely different than when KD went to the Warriors. " "Way different situation."
"Sixers are still a young team" "Sixers weren't champions the year before" "Sixers needed LeBron to win" blah, blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Im here for when the Cavs lose to the Sixers and lebron jumps aboard the Sixers bandwagon. The lulz from the lebron stans alone would be worth it. "This is completely different than when KD went to the Warriors. " "Way different situation."
"did they win 73 games"

Typical LeBron Stans on that , LeBron has no business winning this series or it even being competitive cause his team sucks , but he's so great talk he'll carry them .
It's starting early this year tho. They usually wait till at least the conference finals to play that card .

Hope you're ready for your team to become a vessel for LeBron slobbering instead of a real franchise

I’m kinda hoping we just make a deal for Kawhi instead. Much better fit and younger player and would fit the tough, quiet confidence of the rest of our team.

Hope you're ready for your team to become a vessel for LeBron slobbering instead of a real franchise

I really hope that he doesn't go to the sixers though. I want to see what the hell simmons and embiid will develop into. That, and I have no idea how that is going to work since Embiid and simmons cant just sit in a corner and jack up threes like love and bosh.

I’m kinda hoping we just make a deal for Kawhi instead. Much better fit and younger player and would fit the tough, quiet confidence of the rest of our team.
I think you guys will get none of them, and it will be more fun that way.

Sixers should be contenders next season either way.

Exactly. Sixers still gotta figure out a way to work in Fultz. Working Lebron in there too would be way too much IMO.

I think there’s zero chance a max player doesn’t come to the Sixers this summer either through trade or free agency. This is what they’ve planned for since last year. It’s why we signed everybody we signed for only 1 year deals.

I was thinking about this matchup and while it obviously favors Philly, Boston is similar to Miami (which is both good and bad)

Good: Philly has the best 2 players in series by FAR
Bad: Celtics have good depth and plenty of bodies to throw at Simmons (Morris, Semi, Smart, Tatum and Brown).

Really interested to see how Stevens/Brown approach this. Both teams are completely different from when they last played in the regular season.

I think there’s zero chance a max player doesn’t come to the Sixers this summer either through trade or free agency. This is what they’ve planned for since last year. It’s why we signed everybody we signed for only 1 year deals.
1. Kawhi stays.
2. LeBron does his LeBron thing and goes somewhere else like Houston.
3. PG goes home to L.A.

Who's the max?

The Raptors bench is damn near as good as Cleveland's starters sans Lebron.

That's going to be the difference. They cannot afford to sit Lebron more than 5 minutes.

Exactly. The Raptors should widen any margin whenever LeBron sits.

Part of me thinks LeBron will eventually say F it and lose motivation. If you can barely beat the Pacers, why even bother going through all this only to get swept by the Warriors. It's 2007 all over again.

The only motivation I can currently think of is that he wants to face the Sixers to see what they are made of. Lol

That's why I was saying before that it's lazy and shows you don't watch ANY Raptors games when all the media and even people in here bring up is "Derozan and Lowry choke in the Playoffs". None of the Raptors bench is ever mentioned. The Wizards series was a clear example of the Raptors being hard to beat when they're playing the style of basketball they have been playing all season. In Game 4...they lost because Derozan went Westbook mode (like he's done in the past when the team had far less depth). He still finished with 35 that game but on a terrible shooting percentage.

That's also a solid point @wavycrocket. Lowry has been injured in both of the series against Cleveland in the past and they utilized him differently the entire season in those years. The entire reason they said "we have to change our style of play" is because they can't beat anyone with Derozan and Lowry just playing iso heavy and jacking up a million shots. The only iso heavy teams who are still in the Playoffs now are the Rockets and Cavs.

Lebron has been having to carry this team all year. He's played 82 games and a TON of minutes, then to have a 7 game series against the Pacers where he had to put up damn near 40 points a game just to win by 2-4 points in each win. In his post game interview...he said, "I'm burnt man...I'm so tired that I don't even want to think about Toronto right now. I just want to go home".

My prediction is Raptors in 6 and I'm not here bragging or talking smack to anyone. I just am going to sit back and see what happens. If the Raptors play iso hero ball and choke or Lebron single handedly beats them...then I'll be the first to say the Raptors need to blow it up and its done for them, but I think the same respect should be given if the Raptors knock off Lebron. At this point...it's just disrespect due to the past which isn't fair or warranted because every single team in the East has come up short other than Lebron driven teams. A whole bunch of people in here have already said "I don't think the Cavs can get by the Sixers". So Cavs just walk through the Raptors huh? I'm just saying now that I want those same people to comment if the Cavs lose the series without excuse the same way I will if the Raptors get slapped. The Sixers are scary as hell, yes, but they're also young and inexperienced. You can't tell me that Miami series truly proved anything because Miami is garbage...

I can say that the Miami series proved something. Miami played them extremely physical. They took game 2 in Philly. Game 3 was in an extremely hostile environment. They were down in game 3 and were able to come back. I think that proves that they can handle the physical play of the playoffs. No that does not mean we can just crown them champions although I do believe this team is going to the NBA Finals. However, it does prove they can handle the physical play of the playoffs which is huge for a young team. Let me also add they do have 2 guys which Finals experience and 1 who has a ring. Plus Amir has played in a lot of playoff games. Illyasova also has experience. I think we can all agree Ben does not play like a rookie with no playoff experience. This team just has everything. Arguably the best big in the league, elite point guard who happens to be damn near 7 feet tall, great shooting, a top 5 defense, great coaching and the best rebounding team in the league. That lineup Brett has used with Simmons, Redick, Marco, Dario and Illyasova has been so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom