**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Great win. Kuz played ok. Still was a liability early but he put it together to end which is all we could ask for.

I need that win Monday...

Love the W, makes the Orlando game hurt more tho. Imagine bein undefeated in this stretch without AD and on an 11 game win streak.

But it's ok, beat Boston Monday and I'm doin backflips.
But remember that loss probably lit a fire under this team we played so poorly vs Orlando. sometimes it’s good to get those losses out of the way

Kuzma was the principal defender on Westbrook for 26 possessions Saturday -- with 25 of those coming in the second half, according to Second Spectrum data. When Kuzma guarded Westbrook, the Rockets' offense averaged 92.3 points per 100 possessions. When anyone else was on Westbrook, that number spiked to 101.9 points per 100 possessions.

"Rondo kind of pulled me to the side at halftime in the locker room and just asked me if I could guard him, and I said, 'Of course,'" Kuzma said. "Westbrook was really hurting us in the first half, posting up our guards, and he's just tough, he's a tough load. He's a big, strong, physical guard. In the second half, that kind of got eliminated, putting a bigger body on him."

The blonde bomber :pimp:

geno90221 geno90221 run me my money cuh

This is big even if we just looking at it from a confidence standpoint. the team believing in Kuz and him actually being effective on defense is a good sign going forward.

Kuz' development on D is more important for the Lakers long term than his O imo

Kuz value comes in that he defends 2s & 3s better than 4s & 5s. He could be the big wing that they need. Problem is he's also streaky (extremely so this year after the injury) and needs the ball to get going and be effective on offense. While I liked a few trades more than Kuz, at this point it maybe be best for chemistry and integrity to stand pat.

If Collison/Augustine/Teague/Iggy someone else shake loose they'll be cool.

Vogel is a hell of a coach plus all of his assistants. Everyone talked a whole bunch of **** about Vogel and all of the former coaches that were picked up as assistants they have done an amazing job scouting and adjusting as the game progressed.

Were too fascinated with the fact that Luke and his young assistants were player coaches friendly that we forget that these veteran coaches do a hell of a job scheming our offense and defense.

81990483_634535900632832_264801181179885366_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom