2019-20 New York Jets season thread. 1-4 (10/21 vs NE MNF)

I disagree, Gase is now your GM and y'all fired the GM and VP AFTER he drafted and spent all your money AND picked your HC that was a huge question mark already.

I understand getting a new GM after the season and letting him do all that.

Y'all are sitting right here with us.

Supposedly Gase thinks CJ and Bell got overpaid, that's not a good look from your GM/HC

Last edited:
CJ I liked, didn't want Bell, but whatever. Just watch the glow of the dumpster fire that's coming from afar.

You need to give your young franchise QB weapons and Leveon was a top 5 RB and lowkey a top 15 receiving option. Both sides understand this is a two year arrangement anyway so I don’t see the issue.

Sure he may have been paid a **** ton for a RB but he’s in that rare elite group that’s the exception and could be deserving of the money. What’s the alternative? Keep rebuilding forever with “value” players like Gase was in Mia because he still doesn’t understand “his” system wasn’t special, Peyton Manning was? Sure.

Maccs a joke ....catch the flack now and hire Douglas and Jeremiah. Doesnt change the product on the field. They thought it could work with Gase and Macc but it clearly couldnt so why prolong it into the season? Will all be forgotten by training camp

Macc should have been fired mid-season last year so that the new GM could have diligent prep time for draft & FA. He wasn't, so then certainly he should have been fired at seasons end alongside Bowles, right? Wrong.

To fire him in the middle of May is a real foul move by Christopher Johnson.

And here I was thinking the tables had turned in this city once the Giants let us get Darnold.. :lol:

I listen to Miami sports radio sometimes and they have properly predicted everything that's happened surrounding Gase since the Jets hired him. :smh:

And here I was thinking the tables had turned in this city once the Giants let us get Darnold.. :lol:

I listen to Miami sports radio sometimes and they have properly predicted everything that's happened surrounding Gase since the Jets hired him. :smh:

Douglas is a HUUUUUUGE upgrade and so is Gase for Darnold compared to Bowles

I didn't say that they weren't good hires. It's the chaos surrounding it all. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.

Macc should have been fired mid-season last year so that the new GM could have diligent prep time for draft & FA. He wasn't, so then certainly he should have been fired at seasons end alongside Bowles, right? Wrong.

To fire him in the middle of May is a real foul move by Christopher Johnson.
THIS IS ALL FACTS! I never liked Mac but imagine allowing a man that you think makes terrible decisions for your roster to hire your head coach, spend a 100 million on your roster and handle a full draft....and then you fire him because you’ve thought ALL ALONG that he was terrible at making decisions to benefit your team. SMH!
Douglas is a HUUUUUUGE upgrade and so is Gase for Darnold compared to Bowles
Thing is, we MUST close the deal with Douglas. We have NO leverage. All the chips are in his hand. Why would he pick us? Dude is a TOP candidate for GM jobs all over the NFL. Why not wait until the end of the season and take a better job elsewhere? Be clear, I want Douglas (or Champ) but I’m fully prepared for them to leave us high and dry.

Joe Douglas builds a powerful front office :pimp:

Hyped to see Rex Hogan back and become Douglas's right man. This move amazes me. No connection between Douglas and Hogan. Props to Colts GM Ballard for letting him go (Hogan was under the contract)

We got an experienced respectful scout from Ravens; Chad Alexander. It seems he's popular in the Ravens community. Ravens fans asked if they can block people from leaving. That hire must be huge for us

NFL has changed a lot since Phil Savage left but from what I see, he will assist GM Douglas and assistant GM Hogan who are new to the general manager position

Our O-line, CBs and kicker look horrid. Gase’s gameplan was awful. 4 TO and they still beat us at home. Unbelievable.

Let's be honest. Bust watch begins now

Sam looked ****ing awful and didn't make one good throw all game

Those two overthrows to Robinson changes the whole game if completed

Let's be honest. Bust watch begins now

Sam looked ****ing awful and didn't make one good throw all game

Those two overthrows to Robinson changes the whole game if completed
5077a12ab2347a5a7fb2dab9eebb3387bf10af6615369bab6662f3590489d8e5.jpg

Wow, we are 2 weeks into the season and it’s looking bad. I don’t even know what to say.

Couple things to touch on from what i seen several say...

1-The offensive line looked garbage sunday but alot of that is due to them not playing together as a unit(coaches fault with the babying during preseason)... itll get better

2- signing Q with the extension was the smart thing to do at the time but after this recurring injury gotta go back to the drawing board

3- i was advocate of bringing mo back for another 1yr deal(would of made no difference because he suspended to start the season) trumaine contract was atrocious & roberts is more of a slot corner then playing 1-2 corner

4- sam i feel WONT be a bust .the play calling was atrocious & the o line collapsed 2-3 seconds on alotta passing plays .the recieving core didnt help the cause

5- robby (who i like) is a 1 trick pony which is stretch the field ...him tryna run all types of routes i dont think suits him well (leave the short intermediate routes to crowder Q & tight ends & let robby stretch the field)

Always thought trevor was garbage with denver maybe we can get a decent game manager spot outta him for the next few weeks ...we still have no pass rush im on the fence of letting big cat walk after this year & quinnen williams im still iffy on ...ferrell with oakland was all over the place in they monday night game ... we also need to use ty montgomery more In the passing game until herndon comes back

The defense gotta keep us in games at the end of the day how they play will dictate if we win-lose(close or blowout) cj mosley was the spine of the d week 1 ...not tryna be doom & gloom so early

Also to give credit where its due the bills defense is a top 10 defense ...solid pass rush & they secondary got to the ball last yr with turnovers ...its just they offense is garbage cant put all the blame on our offense when u going against that type of d...defenses in up coming weeks aint on the caliber of the bills

Also to give credit where its due the bills defense is a top 10 defense ...solid pass rush & they secondary got to the ball last yr with turnovers ...its just they offense is garbage cant put all the blame on our offense when u going against that type of d...defenses in up coming weeks aint on the caliber of the bills
I’m not buying this! Look, the Bills have a good defense but we GOT 4 TURNOVERS in that game and could only put up 6 points. That Bills defense was on he field ALL GAME LONG, tired and we couldn’t do anything. We had great field position after INTs and still couldn’t capitalize! For crying out loud, John Brown and Cole Beasley has A DAY against us! JOHN BROWN AND COLE BEASLEY! You can’t cover those 2 bum *** receivers, how you gonna handle OBJ, Landry or any of the other great receivers we have on schedule. We also have very solid defenses coming up with pass rushers that are legit.

Back
Top Bottom