2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

I’d say that probably only AB and OBJ should be 99’s based on their ceiling for all aspects receiving and Nuk probably a 98. None of which means Nuk still ain’t the best or can’t be regarded as such...in real life, of course.

If anyone did still play Madden, I think Houston would be the team most fun to use.

What a healthy OBJ does well should translate well to a video game.. ditto Julio

But guys like nuk, Keenan Allen and AB they translate better to actual game play.. like jerry rice.. high skill level guys

I mean there are LBs and TEs that had faster 40s than all 3 games named and that’s before injuries and age/time

Hopkins getting love :pimp:

Best hands in the league by far

vB9B5.gif

0B3A97AA-BE35-4868-8BC6-52FD6E4082CB.jpeg

55B2197B-1A78-4654-BD69-366265042249.jpeg

Jarvis was a major disappointment to me. He doesn’t get chunks yards, not a high volume guy and rarely scores.

He’s really only reliable for being sure handed in tight spaces, but that’s half a result of him not getting enough separation...another negative I noticed last season.

Nuk ran a 4.57 40.. and wins because of catch radius and hands, but he does struggle to separate at times.. and also off the top of my head, doesn’t he get a ton of OPIs too?

Do we know the MNF crew along with Tessatore for this season?

Booger still there unfortunately :lol:

Joe Tessitore will resume his duties as the play-by-play analyst, while Booger McFarland will join Tessitore in the booth after spending the 2019 season as a sideline analyst. Lisa Salters returns for her eighth season as a sideline analyst. Joining her on the field will be new officiating analyst John Perry.

Texans made a good move not extending Clowney, I think. I'm not so sure I would extend even if he does really well again this season. I don't really trust him and even what he's shown so far, he's only pretty good...He's not great, which the money he'll probably command is set aside for great players.

I don’t trust him but I would’ve extended Clowney. :lol:

Tessitore is good and a professional. Would have been interested to see another name, don’t know who they would’ve included in the crew, but not surprised to see Booger join him in the booth.

i was done for good with Booger when he criticized OBJ for NOT pissing/****ting his pants and for heading to the locker room 30 seconds before half to go take a piss or **** :lol:

Is clowney a bust or does being pretty good despite having issues staying on the field give him a pass

I don’t trust him but I would’ve extended Clowney. :lol:

Tessitore is good and a professional. Would have been interested to see another name, don’t know who they would’ve included in the crew, but not surprised to see Booger join him in the booth.

Tessitore was a surprise. I never thought of him in the NFL, but he's really good.

It might have been me and @Maximus Meridius that really wanted to see Gus on MNF and I was always a proponent of Gus or Harlan doing MNF, but at a certain point, I felt that Harlan would be best for MNF TV and Gus should being doing the top college games...just seems a better fit for that. I'd take Gus on MNF, for sure, but it's something about the college game that I think I prefer hearing Gus.

For the the color commentary, I'm sure they can do better than that hater Booger. He's so damn negative...But ironically, everyone hates Booger, the hater and hates CC, the "slurper." CC is really good. They need to find someone else like that, but...new age...younger.

Edit: I'll add that I really like Pat McAfee right now, but would like a larger sample size, but all returns so far shows he's meant for it.

I like IATT IATT 's idea of the GMFB cast calling a game, but I'm not sure who does the PBP. I like Shrager a lot and Kyle has a lot of good references, but at a certain point, I don't want another Dennis Miller, but of the new age in there...Still need someone to call the game that actually knows the game.

Is clowney a bust or does being pretty good despite having issues staying on the field give him a pass

I wouldn't qualify him as a bust and I don't think injuries warrant an excuse, because he's about to enter his 6th season already and he's played a number of games the past 3 seasons that you kinda know what he is...an above average DE, but nothing special. Hasn't broken double digits in sacks and you got JJ Watt on the other side? Yeah....nothing special like he was thought to be, but still productive. He'll probably have 15 sacks or so this season, but it most likely ends up being his peak/career year.

I think he’d be better off in a 4-3.. I’d take dude in a heartbeat to play in Schwartz system

I think he’d be better off in a 4-3.. I’d take dude in a heartbeat to play in Schwartz system

It's not his talent or scheme I question...It's his heart/willingness/work ethic/staying power, etc. Uber-talented, but doesn't appear to have that drive...That never sits well with me.

It's not his talent or scheme I question...It's his heart/willingness/work ethic/staying power, etc. Uber-talented, but doesn't appear to have that drive...That never sits well with me.

I mean I get that.. but we don’t know what’s really really going on behind the scenes (also seen it suggested that’s why they wouldn’t pay him because they think he might check out once getting that big pay check)

But dude is asked to do a ton and line up all over the place.. plus ain’t he pretty good against the run, which speaks to his effort

I mean I know you should be willing to sacrifice for the team, but I can also see when coaching/teams aren’t playing to your strengths when it would clearly be advantageous to the team and you checking out a bit

Back
Top Bottom