2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

Let the man wear his helmet of choice. The NFL is petty.

Plenty dudes in the league still wearing the Deion Sanders, AB style facemask. I don’t understand the issue.

Antonio Calloway wears the exact helmet. So does Jenoris Jenkins

Maybe I’m some what of a helmet guy but AB is wearing an older style Schutt helmet. You can tell it by the foam padding that sticks out in the back of the helmet. Those things are heavy as **** compared to all of the newer helmets available.
He started out with that old helmet, then switched to a newer Schutt Air XP and then switched back.

41ca0414dd521053c21e4934e21d93fe.png
What did we ever do to deserve this Brown/Raiders entertainment? Match made in hell

did we just become best friends :nerd:

Maybe I’m some what of a helmet guy but AB is wearing an older style Schutt helmet. You can tell it by the foam padding that sticks out in the back of the helmet. Those things are heavy as **** compared to all of the newer helmets available.
He started out with that old helmet, then switched to a newer Schutt Air XP and then switched back.

He has a problem with the facemask or HELMET? I’m a confused. lol

He has a problem with the facemask or HELMET? I’m a confused. lol

he doesn't want to switch helmets, he's using a discontinued model.

Brown participated in a two-hour conference call on Friday, Schefter reported, as part of a grievance that he hopes will provide an exception to wear his old helmet. That model is a Schutt Air Advantage, according to a league source, and it was discontinued by the manufacturer earlier this decade.

The NFL has a longstanding policy that requires all players to wear helmets that have been certified by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). And NOCSAE won't certify the helmet because it is more than 10 years old, according to the league source. Like all products and technology, helmets are frequently updated over time. Every player is made aware of the policy, so Brown should not have been surprised that it would be disallowed in 2019.

look, the helmet rule does seem stupid. But to say you're gonna retire if you can't wear the helmet you like? Thats bonkers.

AB ain't gonna do ****. That money is too good. Gonna have to give back $19M (?) too? Shiiiiiiiiiit.

he doesn't want to switch helmets, he's using a discontinued model.

I see. It’s not the facemask. He wants the old helmet. The new helmet DOES look bigger and have more coverage. Yeah. Just switch helmets.

I thought he wanted a different FACEMASK

i dont know much about either players to be honest

I had to double check the name when I saw it.. I at least heard of Eli Harold or at least thought I did cause I was thinking dude who’s on the titans out of BC for like 2 seconds

Back
Top Bottom