2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Here's an analogy

46536c9c0c5ac47c59d0a201b781c132.png

I don’t think dropping a 1991 copy would hurt the next retro’s sales. We have to remember that the average person doesn’t much care or even know what the 1991 looked like. As time passes, many OG details get lost on the target market of 12-25 year olds. The general aesthetic is what is expected; a Black Jordan 6 with red hits. As long as the next release has a feature that’ll get folks hyped, it’ll sell. I remember 3m being a big selling point for the 2014. Even on NT, 3m was what made the shoe for many. For the next retro after 2019, if JB brought back the Varsity Rd and suede(nubuck) that’s a guaranteed sell out even as a GR.

With the Black Cement 3 for last year, to the average person, they were fine because the general aesthetic of a black tumbled leather Jordan 3 with grey elephant print, grey accents, and red accents was there. Add in the Nike air and the leather not being as stiff as the much scrutinized True Blue 3. Easy sell out. People didn’t know/care about the elephant print height and material, nor they they care about the shape.

Last edited:
I know they dont have to, but they should have went all out for these. I believe they did for the Concord. Why not follow that trend. It reminds me too much of the 2014. I know there are differences. But now would have been a great time to give a true to detail remake of the 91 since the last release left a bad taste in so manys mouths.

I don’t think dropping a 1991 copy would hurt the next retro’s sales. We have to remember that the average person doesn’t much care or even know what the 1991 looked like. As time passes, many OG details get lost on the target market of 12-25 year olds. The general aesthetic is what is expected; a Black Jordan 6 with red hits. As long as the next release has a feature that’ll get folks hyped, it’ll sell. I remember 3m being a big selling point for the 2014. Even on NT, 3m was what made the shoe for many. For the next retro after 2019, if JB brought back the Varsity Rd and suede(nubuck) that’s a guaranteed sell out even as a GR.

With the Black Cement 3 for last year, to the average person, they were fine because the general aesthetic of a black tumbled leather Jordan 3 with grey elephant print, grey accents, and red accents was there. Add in the Nike air and the leather not being as stiff as the much scrutinized True Blue 3. Easy sell out. People didn’t know/care about the elephant print height and material, nor they they care about the shape.

I don’t know man, nobody really understands JB logic when it comes to this stuff. Retro before 2006 were good, and they all came in the same boxes. Now they could be better but they put a lot of effort in the boxes, so I don’t really see any cost savings. I’ll take my Infareds in a bag, if they come to me looking like ‘91s.

I don’t know man, nobody really understands JB logic when it comes to this stuff. Retro before 2006 were good, and they all came in the same boxes. Now they could be better but they put a lot of effort in the boxes, so I don’t really see any cost savings. I’ll take my Infareds in a bag, if they come to me looking like ‘91s.
Exactly, there’s no consistent logic. Jordan Brand knows the 3-6 can always be leaned on for money, they gotta keep folks coming back.

They could literally make the same shoe over and over for those sigs and they’d sell. They’re a classic model.

I do wonder what the next Aqua 8 retro could be. The 2015 pair is pretty much the OG. Will it go back to the dark grey suede from the 2007, or something new entirely?
I know the next Bordeaux 7 will probably have the lime green 7 on the heel, and the toe bump will be gone, which will help sell that pair.
I’m sure Jordan Brand knows that the stiff leather and awkward shaped remastered 13s are sure to sell some soft leather and nicer shaped 13s in the future. I’m sure the next Concord 11 and Space Jam will sell no matter what it looks like.
Jordan Brand benefits off of making little mistakes. I’m sure the next Chicago 9 will sell because it has a correct jumpman. The next time the Bred/Chi/Royal, etc. 1s return, I’m sure they’ll sell again no matter what..

I think jordan Brand knows how to sell you something twice or three times.

Fixed that for you
No, I’m talking about the fact that 3-6 typically drop in multiple GRs each year and sell just as much if not more units. The 4 sold more units in 2017 than the 11. The 3 might have sold more units in 2018 than the 11 due to its multiple GRs.

That’s not really a fair comparison because they don’t drop as many colorways of an 11 as they do a 3 or a 4 in a single year.

Plus this was the first time since possibly the OG release 3 colorways of an 11 released in a single year.

That’s not really a fair comparison because they don’t drop as many colorways of an 11 as they do a 3 or a 4 in a single year.

It depends how you look at it this past 11 had a million or more so pairs sold. Jordan Brand counts on the 11 to make the end of the quarter sales good.

Yea but that was the most ever produced for an 11. 11 numbers haven’t been like that before this year.

Yea but that was the most ever produced for an 11. 11 numbers haven’t been like that before this year.

I thought it started around 2015-2016 (the increase in production). Even when the holiday system started there were a good bit more than some General Releases.

I here you on that but look at how many 3s released this year:

Black Cement
Free throw line
Katrina’s
International flights
Quai 54s
Triple Whites
Flyknits
Chlorophylls
Mochas
The JTH
The numerous tinker hatfield redisigns.

And the majority of these were GRs.

Not to mention the women’s models or GS models that were released.

Back
Top Bottom