2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Stop

I hate how people throw out age, when you aren't giving anything but your opinion. I'm old so my opinion matters more then your opinion.

You could easily say the I or III are more influential than the XI.

Stop giving your opinion as some of fact.

Age does matter to some degree, because those old enough were there to see the impact of the shoes in question.

It’s like the young kids today who say Kendrick is better than Pac or Big but werent even alive when those two were in their primes to make a rational judgement call. None of Kendrick’s albums come even close to the impact that an album like All Eyez On Me or Ready To Die had. Not even close.

Age does matter to some degree, because those old enough were there to see the impact of the shoes in question.

It’s like the young kids today who say Kendrick is better than Pac or Big but werent even alive when those two were in their primes to make a rational judgement call.
Bingo ... same way only one old enough to have seen Mike and Kobe and Bron can truly evaluate them as players.

It’s like the young kids today who say Kendrick is better than Pac or Big but werent even alive when those two were in their primes to make a rational judgement call.
It’s still subjective because the criteria for what makes something better is relative to the individual. That’s why JRepp23 JRepp23 says there’s no wrong answer. Young and Old keep Jordan Brand alive.

Last edited:

No, it doesn't, because it's opinions.

The VI and III mean more to me. Because I saw Jordan do more in them. The free throw line poster is iconic. In the XI Jordan lost when he first wore them.

So are you wrong, because I don't agree?

I'm old by this boards standards, but I'm not going to totally disregards someones opinion and tell them they're wrong. It's an opinion...theirs.

In a certain context, the 6 means more to me than the 11 does. Infrareds was the shoe that started it all for me, and it was the one that really got me into shoes. And it remains one of the best looking shoes in the line.

That being said, I can’t call it more iconic than the 11. As said before, it was the Jordan line at its zenith. The materials, technology and how far ahead of their time they were - was off the charts. When the playoff 11 dropped people absolutely went BONKERS for them. They sold faster than any Jordan, perhaps sneaker period, prior. Jordan may have lost in the 11 at first, but most people will better remember that he led the Bulls to 72 wins and their 4th title while wearing them.

In a certain context, the 6 means more to me than the 11 does. Infrareds was the shoe that started it all for me, and it was the one that really got me into shoes. And it remains one of the best looking shoes in the line.

That being said, I can’t call it more iconic than the 11. As said before, it was the Jordan line at its zenith. The materials, technology and how far ahead of their time they were - was off the charts. When the playoff 11 dropped people absolutely went BONKERS for them. Jordan may have lost in the 11 at first, but most people will better remember that he led the Bulls to 72 wins and their 4th title while wearing them.
The Jordan infrared 6 was THE reason I got into the Air Jordan. Is it my favorite ever? No. You can still have shoes that mean a lot to you in a nostalgia sense, at the same time hold others higher. I have never given 2 effs what the over all wide spread favorite Js are. I care about what I like. And what it means to me only. A shoes popularity should never drive your desire to have them. I love 9s, 10s, 15s as well. Knowing the hate for some models dont stop me from getting what I want. As far as the GOAT goes, everyone has a different opinion there. It really depends on the era you grew up watching.

I disagree. After the 11, 3, and 1, the 6 is probably the next most popular model, especially in the colorway this thread is about. Infrareds will always be a highly coveted Jordan that usually sells out on day 1 or 2, and there are many people that consider it their fav shoe ever.

Concords, SJ, bred 11’s, BC 3 and 4, Metallic 5, Infrared 6, and black/red 1’s are usually the top contenders for being people’s favs.

There’s nothing to disagree about. It’s obvious the 11–concords and SJs and black/reds if you want to be specific—is on a different level of popularity than 6. I didn’t say they aren’t popular, I said the idea that these would be presented by Nike and perceived the same as those 11s by the mass buying public is not realistic. If you want to believe otherwise, have at it. But the actual facts in terms of sales, hype and repeated mayhem over decades says otherwise. That’s the only point I was making. The rest is a separate discussion.

Can someone explain this "playoff" nickname, makes no sense to me.
The black red 9 should have been the playoff J. Pics of MJ during the 93 finals were surfaced before heading to Phoenix. Wearing the white black 9, it somehow got called the playoff 9. Nowadays its the space Jam 9 due to it appearance in the movie.

Cant wait for official pics....UA pics look great though
F378B01D-1277-4C2E-BC56-F0A6E6C68D15.jpeg
2F24B9FB-C500-43B9-B71E-9415000C6665.jpeg

First pics of the Retail pair so far

I assume Nike and SNKRS Official Images drop this week if there’s a shock drop and/or the All Star Collection is revealed

There’s nothing to disagree about. It’s obvious the 11–concords and SJs and black/reds if you want to be specific—is on a different level of popularity than 6. I didn’t say they aren’t popular, I said the idea that these would be presented by Nike and perceived the same as those 11s by the mass buying public is not realistic. If you want to believe otherwise, have at it. But the actual facts in terms of sales, hype and repeated mayhem over decades says otherwise. That’s the only point I was making. The rest is a separate discussion.
The XI is the greatest in terms of sales and hype for sure. But to so many, its not the greatest Jordan. Which leads to the question. Whats the greatest J and what makes it that. The sales?, the hype?, or the history?.

How many teams were there though? |l

Them Wilt numbers and Russell chips don’t hold much weight in my opinion.
Wilt and Russell were both studs. I would have to believe if they were into todays game with the training, and the emphesis on building the body. They would have been greats today as well. MJ in ANY era would have dominated everyone.

Why do the 5s not get any love? I remember being 12 and thinking the fire reds were the most amazing things i ever owned.
And they were. To you. See what I mean, the Jordan that means the most to the individual is the GOAT. Certain Js are always gonna mean more than others to everyone in here.

If you search a little deeper you will find the 5 gets plenty of love though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
The XI is the greatest in terms of sales and hype for sure. But to so many, its not the greatest Jordan. Which leads to the question. Whats the greatest J and what makes it that. The sales?, the hype?, or the history?.

Again man, that’s not the context I was commenting from. The Aquaman asked if they’d put The Grail tag on these like they did with concords. Which led me to basically say, these aren’t concords in the overall picture. Whether or not someone wants to argue they SHOULD be just as big of a deal is a different matter entirely.

Again man, that’s not the context I was commenting from. The Aquaman asked if they’d put The Grail tag on these like they did with concords. Which led me to basically say, these aren’t concords in the overall picture. Whether or not someone wants to argue they SHOULD be just as big of a deal is a different matter entirely.
I think I better now know what you mean. So does the quintessential “Grail” stop at the Concord/Bred 11, White/Black Cement 3, Bred/Chicago 1?(these are the quintessential 1s if were being 100% honest)

I think the Infrared 6 is up there in terms of significance, history, as well as streetwear/fashion. Same goes for the Black Cement 4. They’re not the #1 Grail, but they’re pretty high up there.

Last edited:
I think I better now know what you mean. So does the quintessential “Grail” stop at the Concord/Bred 11, White/Black Cement 3, Bred/Chicago 1?(these are the quintessential 1s if were being 100% honest)

I think the Infrared 6 is up there in terms of significance, history, as well as streetwear/fashion. Same goes for the Black Cement 4. They’re not the #1 Grail, but they’re pretty high up there.

Exactly. I don’t know where the “grail” stops in reality. It’s of course different for a lot of people. But from a corporate marketing standpoint, you can bet these 6s won’t get that tag from Nike in its upcoming push.

Its something that interests me. It’s especially interesting to find out what people bought most, which can be surprising.

Well my point is, when these things sell out immediately then whatever sold most would be the pair they made the most of that sold out.

But even if you got that, who’s to say that another pair wouldn’t have sold as many if they made more.

We can never know.

any1 have the green gatorade 6's??? wanted to know if they are comfortable, think im gonna grab a pear off s.x. the qualtiy looks amazing on those and i wanna wear em into the ground!!!!

Well my point is, when these things sell out immediately then whatever sold most would be the pair they made the most of that sold out.

But even if you got that, who’s to say that another pair wouldn’t have sold as many if they made more.

We can never know.
It’s more complicated than That IMO. There were 12 Gr(1s GR) J 1s and 10 QS 1s(not even counting reg highs or mids). 5 GR 13s, 1 QS, and 3 lows. 5 GR retro 5s, and 4 PRMs. 4 GR retro 6s, UNC was a Small GR, then 2 QS/NRG 6s. 4s had 4 GRs, and the KAWS pair’s which were QS.

The retro 4 came out as the most sold shoe in 2018. Sure, there could have been more pairs of the 4 GR retro 4s made than any other model, but we don’t know that. It could also have been that 4s were the most picked up GR even in 4 colorways compared the 13s GRs, or the GR 6s, and Gr 5s of 2017. If I were Jordan Brand, i would see that as the 4s being profitable.

Regardless, that’s all interesting to ME lol.

Back
Top Bottom