2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Do the uppers material differ that much from the 2014? They look the same in your photos.

They’re very similar. Honestly to me they don’t feel different to the touch. Only differences I notice are the ankle pods on the 2014s are harder vs the 2019s which are softer/ poofier. And of course the damn steel toe on the 2014. The 2019 toe can actually be pressed down.

Got mine this morning. True to size feels good(half a thumbnail). Really nice fitting shoe. But not that comfortable. Idk maybe it’s my socks.

Pro tip: turn the heat to your floor vents in your doohickey for new shoe car air freshener smell.

I know it’s gonna feel different to the touch. It’s definitely not the same material as the 2014. Bro your take on these is killing my excitement lol. Shoes looking long on feet etc. I’m a size 10! When you get a chance you outta take some pics maybe outside or under good lighting without flash. Joints looking just like 2014s lol.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate on what you found? I also have had no idea what it’s supposed to mean or what I’m supposed to be looking for.

Take a look at this picture.

You see how the heel panel portion of the shoe looks like a "waxed" material? That's what we're talking about. When comparing it to the front half of the shoe, they contrast each other and you can tell the difference.

The interesting part about it all is that that's not leather, regardless of how it looks. That's all durabuck. The heel durabuck for whatever reason was just made to a different finish than the rest of the shoe.

We WANT the contrast heel.. I think it is as much of a "make or break" of this colorway looking OG as the shade of Infrared used.

Hope this helps.

wvoh1subjgry3hwscktv.jpg

I know it’s gonna feel different to the touch. It’s definitely not the same material. Bro your take on these is killing my excitement lol. Shoes looking long on feet etc. I’m a size 10! When you get a chance you outta take some pics maybe outside or under good lighting without flash. Joints looking just like 2014s lol.

Surprisingly, despite my DMP 6's having the contest heel, the materials feel the same and even look the same for the most part up close. It was sort of hard for me to get a good picture of it in my living room, it might be easier in outdoor lighting.

Can you elaborate on what you found? I also have had no idea what it’s supposed to mean or what I’m supposed to be looking for.

Based on pics of OGs in this thread it looks like they are pointing to the heel having a slightly different texture than the rest of the upper.. from an angle you can see the difference I guess...

Last edited:
Kith photo shows pairs with and without noticeable contrast despite the filter so I'm assuming it's just gonna be something that varies from pair to pair. Gonna double on these and whatever pair is the perfect one will be kept on ice for a while, and the other will be the pair I wear first or possibly even return. Will decide when I see them in hand. Either way I can't wait to get these though.
Screenshot_20190202-162358_Chrome.jpg

Wow. That’s what is making such a big fuss. That would not matter to me at all.

And that's fine.

But to a lot of us in here, as I said, it can be as major of a feature as the right shade of infrared used. A contrast heel took this retro from "wow that looks great" to "I can't believe we're finally getting a TRUE retro of these. After all these years."

And that's fine.

But to a lot of us in here, as I said, it can be as major of a feature as the right shade of infrared used. A contrast heel took this retro from "wow that looks great" to "I can't believe we're finally getting a TRUE retro of these. After all these years."

So these do have it? Lol

I can’t say my source, but Gentry had something to do with the Infrared returning now. He’s overseeing retros instead of designing them this time. JB has to switch up management due to folks leaving.

In regard to the 6, it makes sense when you think about. It was the first OG 6 Retro, and the second solo 6 retro(2000 and 2010 Varsity Red). He also brought it back for the DMP. Can’t say what lies in the future for JB though. I doubt he’s changed.

I’m just gonna go to FTL on RD and tell them to bring every single sz 9 so I can dig thru them and find the unicorn with contrast heel

I can’t say my source, but Gentry had something to do with the Infrared returning now. He’s overseeing retros instead of designing them this time. JB has to switch up management due to folks leaving.

In regard to the 6, it makes sense when you think about. It was the first OG 6 Retro, and the second solo 6 retro(2000 and 2010 Varsity Red). He also brought it back for the DMP. Can’t say what lies in the future for JB though. I doubt he’s changed.

If he can bring back Chicago 1s in OG form and decent production numbers, he will be forgiven for everything.

If he can bring back Chicago 1s in OG form and decent production numbers, he will be forgiven for everything.

He will, but they will have a huge jumpman in place of the swooshes On the sides and the tongue tags will just say JORDAN on them...you know to respect the TRUE collectors.

Doubt that’ll happen since they’ve already been remastered. He’s not a big fan of certain OGs being made readily available. That’s why during his 99-11 run, there was never a Chicago 1 high.

He will, but they will have a huge jumpman in place of the swooshes On the sides and the tongue tags will just say JORDAN on them...you know to respect the TRUE collectors.

Doubt that’ll happen since they’ve already been remastered. He’s not a big fan of certain OGs being made readily available. That’s why during his 99-11 run, there was never a Chicago 1 high.

:lol:

Such a waste of time if that was even possible..

I’m not completely serious about it but I am going to try for multiple pairs and go to the mall as well so I can choose the best pair.

You’re telling a guy whose screen name is this shoe that he’s wasting his time? :rofl:

I’m not completely serious about it but I am going to try for multiple pairs and go to the mall as well so I can choose the best pair.

You’re telling a guy whose screen name is this shoe that he’s wasting his time? :rofl:

Lol

Back
Top Bottom