2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I saw the page count go up and thought some kinda surprise drop happened again only to see people arguing over materials and going at Aqua's throat. I'll chime in anyway though, because SNKRS as well as other shoe blogs or whatever often tend to label any non leather/satin, black based Jordan as nubuck if it's not suede. However we all know the dead horse story about Durabuck being a synthetic leather, the United States Shoe Corporation no longer producing Durabuck after '98 due to running out of business or not renewing the patent or something, and Nike creating their own version to use from '99 onward.
picture-32.png
nike_fall_1991_catalog_12.jpg

And we all know nubuck is basically a shorter haired suede and you can see the nap change directions as you brush it just like suede. Overall it's soft to the touch and much closer to suede in regards to feel and look than Nikebuck is.
Screenshot_20190205-234534_Chrome.jpg

However, on the offical air jordan blog linked on Nike.com, it describes durabuck as being a "nubuck-style performance material" which can mean it was styled/crafted in a process similar to making nubuck, it was deliberately made to look similar to nubuck, or it was styled to be lightweight and durable like nubuck. I'm not saying I'm right but I feel like it's really splitting hairs when it comes to deciding on what the upper of these are. I'm sticking with my belief that these use Nike's self made Durabuck just like the recent BM5, Aqua 8, and Bordeaux 7, however at the end of the day call the material what you want it doesn't really matter as I just wanted to add my 2 cents. :lol: I'm ready for the 16th to get here already so I can get my two pairs. :smile:

I saw the page count go up and thought some kinda surprise drop happened again only to see people arguing over materials and going at Aqua's throat. I'll chime in anyway though, because SNKRS as well as other shoe blogs or whatever often tend to label any non leather/satin, black based Jordan as nubuck if it's not suede. However we all know the dead horse story about Durabuck being a synthetic leather, the United States Shoe Corporation no longer producing Durabuck after '98 due to running out of business or not renewing the patent or something, and Nike creating their own version to use from '99 onward.
picture-32.png

And we all know nubuck is basically a shorter haired suede and you can see the nap change directions as you brush it just like suede. Overall it's soft to the touch and much closer to suede in regards to feel and look than Nikebuck is.

However, on the offical air jordan blog linked on Nike.com, it describes durabuck as being a "nubuck-style performance material" which can mean it was styled/crafted in a process similar to making nubuck, it was deliberately made to look similar to nubuck, or it was styled to be lightweight and durable like nubuck. I'm not saying I'm right but I feel like it's really splitting hairs when it comes to deciding on what the upper of these are. I'm sticking with my belief that these use Nike's self made Durabuck just like the recent BM5, Aqua 8, and Bordeaux 7, however at the end of the day call the material what you want it doesn't really matter as I just wanted to add my 2 cents. :lol: I'm ready for the 16th to get here already so I can get my two pairs. :smile:

Those damn 3M-tongue fire red Vs are THE V I need at this point. Come on, JB. I'm too damn old to wait YEARS. Next year? ****

I came in here just for the in hand pics from every one who copped from the early SNKRS drop.I was in the middle of a 2k pro am game when they released and was a few seconds too late smh..Either way I'm ready for the RD ready to get my pair. I do want to double up but its too much dropping in one weekend 1 pair will have to do.

The most uncomfortable Js I've ever worn--bar none.

Also, it bears repeating: there's nearly no reason to double up on anything anymore.
For me, nothing feels quite as silly as seeing a shoe re-release before I've worn the last drop.

Yeah, I'm done with doubling up. Especially when some of the pairs I doubled up on were so uncomfortable I didn't wear them.

The most uncomfortable Js I've ever worn--bar none.

Also, it bears repeating: there's nearly no reason to double up on anything anymore.
For me, nothing feels quite as silly as seeing a shoe re-release before I've worn the last drop.

You seem to forget that Gentry is back.

It won’t be long now until we’re back to silly colorways and not caring about the legacy of the OG silhouettes.

picture-32.png

Durabuck was pretty much just a more durable rubbery form of nubuck.

The white lines from the durabuck added something that's missed on a lot of retroes.

Back
Top Bottom