2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters

Screenshot_20201230-154900~2.png

On sale to match the Infrareds 😉 Unfortunately the black one is sold out. The Chicago Bulls on the side is unnecessary imo.

Last edited:
The newer 6s are more comfortable than the old ones. But they're all bricks to me. I can't wear any of them for more than a few hours. All Jordan retros really.

Truth. There’s a reason this model was given the “boot” nickname during the OG promo run. What it lacked comfort-wise, it made up for in aesthetics and durability. I learned a hard, painful lesson that my basketball game had outgrown the VIs when I played in the ‘00 retro. Purely casual, unless you invest in custom orthotics, like MJ did.

Truth. There’s a reason this model was given the “boot” nickname during the OG promo run. What it lacked comfort-wise, it made up for in aesthetics and durability. I learned a hard, painful lesson that my basketball game had outgrown the VIs when I played in the ‘00 retro. Purely casual, unless you invest in custom orthotics, like MJ did.
Yeah I would never play in retros. But I do want to find the most comfortable insoles on the market. Not performance but for comfort. Like memory foam of anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear em. PM me with suggestions if you want.

Those are straight up prototypes with slightly different panels and everything. You can see it better in other pictures from that same shoot but if you zoom in you can see the difference in the toe rand.
0545E630-096A-4C39-9324-018B74F412E4.jpeg
Those samples almost resemble the hated 2014 shade of Infrared.

Dead on. Shame we didn’t get to see the man play in them for the 98-99 season. That articulated zoom bag was amazing.

The cushioning was thick but not bulky, I never felt my foot hitting the concrete like other light-weight cushioning. The shoes were light but super-comfortable, the traction and the way the shoe hugged your foot let you cut and stop like crazy.

got this in my wheaties in the 9th grade, lol calendar too
Exactly! That’s where that pic first appeared. And what was amazing about it at the time was, it was a leak of the next Air Jordan months and months before it was going to release. I remember getting that calendar in 8th grade and being like, whoa whoa whoa, those must be the next shoes. I would stare at it all the time imagining what they were going to be like in person. It felt like time stood still until they finally arrived LOL

"I still remember walking upstairs to Niketown Chicago back in the early 90's and first laying eyes on the Jordan 6 Batman Returns suit :wow:
Blew my mind. Made me respect the 6 even more." - RyGuy45

e247b65248cefb331c7b75c96d43b89e.gif

gettyimages-1069525566-1024x1024.jpg

Air-Jordan-6-Black-Cat-Batman-3.png

Air-Jordan-6-Black-Cat-Batman-6.png

Air-Jordan-6-Black-Cat-Batman-8.png

Michael_Keaton_as_Batman.jpg

"Master Bruce, would you like the pair with translucent soles?"

"F*** the icey bottoms, Alfred. I'm beating up criminals, not playing hopscotch."
~Batman

Last edited:
Wonder if people would buy these if they released as the Tinker 6....?
Probably not a lot of people in the sneaker scene dont really care about dope **** like this. People like us on Here would buy them for sure because we all love and respect Tinker designs. I love the outsole and tongue so much. I wish we could get a pair of 6s with the shape of the magazine image. That's my idea of a perfect shoe.
20201228_204730.jpg

Probably not a lot of people in the sneaker scene dont really care about dope **** like this. People like us on Here would buy them for sure because we all love and respect Tinker designs. I love the outsole and tongue so much. I wish we could get a pair of 6s with the shape of the magazine image. That's my idea of a perfect shoe.
20201228_204730.jpg
i.jpg

No disagreeing with you at all. But between the 2 different samples we have seen, the finished product in 1991 was damn near perfection in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom