2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
General question not specific to the infrared VI, but looking at these pics made me think, have I ever seen anyone actually wearing these out and about? Maybe one time in the five years since they released. Then I thought, I don't think I've seen more than one or two people ever wearing the black/cement/red IVs, either. In fact, other than several people wearing the reimagined WC IIIs lately and several people wearing concords and playoff XIs in the past few years, I barely see anyone wearing any of the retros of the all-time great models. Maybe it's the places I go at this point in my life LOL

General question not specific to the infrared VI, but looking at these pics made me think, have I ever seen anyone actually wearing these out and about? Maybe one time in the five years since they released. Then I thought, I don't think I've seen more than one or two people ever wearing the black/cement/red IVs, either. In fact, other than several people wearing the reimagined WC IIIs lately and several people wearing concords and playoff XIs in the past few years, I barely see anyone wearing any of the retros of the all-time great models. Maybe it's the places I go at this point in my life LOL
Back before Covid locked everything down there was one other dude in my college class who had a pair of Black Infrareds but besides that, I've not seen em or any of the recent OG releases like the Fire Red 5s, Fire Red 3s, etc on anyone's feet. Though to be fair, I've been out of college for a minute but even when I'm at work, I usually only see people rocking the stuff that sits on shelves in FTL.

I've got mine in the front door rotation and wear them to the gym.

Back before Covid locked everything down there was one other dude in my college class who had a pair of Black Infrareds but besides that, I've not seen em or any of the recent OG releases like the Fire Red 5s, Fire Red 3s, etc on anyone's feet. Though to be fair, I've been out of college for a minute but even when I'm at work, I usually only see people rocking the stuff that sits on shelves in FTL.

Bruh all I see is crocs and slides when I step out.

Would get u cut up back when I was comin up but I’ll never conform.

Ban me from this site the day u see me in crocs/slide outside

I've got mine in the front door rotation and wear them to the gym.

What strikes me about it is, for as difficult as it can be to get your hands on a pair on release day for retail, and as many pairs as are supposedly made for a lot these releases, you'd think everyone and their mother would be out rocking them. Instead it seems like everyone just keeps them in the closet. Granted, I keep a lot of stuff in the closet, too, just because I have too many shoes. But for all the hype on a lot of these all-time beloved models, it's just kind of odd to like never see a real person wearing them, or hardly ever. Maybe it depends where you live. I'm in L.A., which has a population of more than 10 million people in a relatively small area. So I guess the chances of seeing a lot of people wearing any given shoe is low. But it still happens far less than I expect it to.

Anyway, sorry for the detour in this thread.

It is a weird dynamic to see shoes be so difficult to buy, yet you don't see them on feet everywhere. That's partially why I'm losing interest in shoes. I wholeheartedly agree that tech fleece (or any type of sweats) and crocs/slides is such nasty work as a combination, especially in colder temperatures. I'm tired of seeing it. As far as kicks, I'm just throwing stuff on just because now. Idc about saving it for particular days, it's just time to rock em out, even with doubles, just switch it up and wear them.

What strikes me about it is, for as difficult as it can be to get your hands on a pair on release day for retail, and as many pairs as are supposedly made for a lot these releases, you'd think everyone and their mother would be out rocking them. Instead it seems like everyone just keeps them in the closet. Granted, I keep a lot of stuff in the closet, too, just because I have too many shoes. But for all the hype on a lot of these all-time beloved models, it's just kind of odd to like never see a real person wearing them, or hardly ever. Maybe it depends where you live. I'm in L.A., which has a population of more than 10 million people in a relatively small area. So I guess the chances of seeing a lot of people wearing any given shoe is low. But it still happens far less than I expect it to.

Anyway, sorry for the detour in this thread.

It's consumerism that drives the economy. We all buy s**t we don't need/use....it's kind of pathetic when you sit back and really think about it.

I never see people wearing 6s.
I’ll see the other popular models out and about.
I haven’t worn mine in a long *** time so I oop’d to a homie

I'm just throwing stuff on just because now. Idc about saving it for particular days, it's just time to rock em out, even with doubles, just switch it up and wear them.

I'm doing the same thing lately. I either need to start wearing all this stuff or I should just unload most of it.

It's consumerism that drives the economy. We all buy s**t we don't need/use....it's kind of pathetic when you sit back and really think about it.

Definitely, and I'm certainly an offender of this when it comes to shoes. That's why I said what I said right above about starting to just wear stuff rather than leaving it in the closet. The other day, for example, I finally started wearing my cool grays just while running around on the weekend. I've got plenty of stuff like that where it's either time to wear it or dump it. I just like shoes too much to liquidate the entire stock, though :lol: . That said, I've gotten rid of probably 80 or so pairs during the past several years.

Bruh all I see is crocs and slides when I step out.

Would get u cut up back when I was comin up but I’ll never conform.

Ban me from this site the day u see me in crocs/slide outside

I just ran to the grocery store and pick up Chinese in some Crocs. Places like cool, but if I'm going somewhere nah it's a no go regardless of how comfy they are.

To each his own.

Everyone can do what makes them happy.

But I’ll never understand the Fat Joe/PJ Tucker style of hoarding thousands of pairs that they‘ll never ever wear.

…it’s kind of gross imo.

Back
Top Bottom