**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I Had no idea that we have KCP's early bird rights.... that's huge for us if we need to create salary this summer for a trade. Say we use up our salary cap on one star or just 2-3 pieces... we have that + a hopefully healthy Ingram, Zo, Kuz, Hart, Mo & Bron.

depending on where that pick falls, We sign KCP back to his early bird contract (about 18 Million) on a two year team option type contract. That way a team is only taking on one Bad year (& KCP steals a bag again :lol:).

But KCP on that 1 year 18 million salary + our first rounder this year which is likely 8-11, could get us something useful in Return. This Front Office has some nice options to play with this summer if done right

*** Just realized this can't happen while also giving someone a max... it would leave us at about 27-28 million in cap

Last edited:
I Had no idea that we have KCP's early bird rights.... that's huge for us if we need to create salary this summer for a trade. Say we use up our salary cap on one star or just 2-3 pieces... we have that + a hopefully healthy Ingram, Zo, Kuz, Hart, Mo & Bron.

depending on where that pick falls, We sign KCP back to his early bird contract (about 18 Million) on a two year team option type contract. That way a team is only taking on one Bad year (& KCP steals a bag again :lol:).

But KCP on that 1 year 18 million salary + our first rounder this year which is likely 8-11, could get us something useful in Return. This Front Office has some nice options to play with this summer if done right
While you’re scheming and thinking of these elaborate plans, this is what is happening in the brain of rob and magic:

8C854BB1-12AA-4E48-86A9-BA3DCA5AB5DF.gif

I find it funny that the Laker announcers didnt mention that the Nets could/would eliminate the Lakers from playoff contention last night.

Sidenote, DLo and Lonzo would have been a dope back court.

Lonzos constant injuries and general scrubiness make the Dlo trade look bad. But he’s gonna break all Magic’s Lakers records soon I’m sure

Lonzos constant injuries and general scrubiness make the Dlo trade look bad. But he’s gonna break all Magic’s Lakers records soon I’m sure
I hope he gets a nice full summer of rehab

Starboy got potential to be good man he just got paper mache ankles

No matter what kind of roster we have next year Zo needs to play all 82 and avg at least 15 - 8 - 8 - 2 - 1. I'd even take 67% FTs

Zo won’t put up numbers if LeGroin is dominating the ball as usual
Zo don’t need the ball like that tho he a ball pusher
He could’ve avg more than 9 this season he just gotta work on the 3s and getting to the line. He seems to be able to penetrate okay he’s just gotta not always penetrate to pass and try to go up and finish imo

Zo is primed for a break out season next year

First off Luke’s gonna be gone.. which means a new coach will recognize how to play players to their strengths. No more angst on Zo end. Dude can play his game without Luke marginalizing him or benching him for nothing.

Second, he’ll have the entire off season to work on his game (and hopefully with new coaches who know how to recognize weaknesses and teach). At the minimum he can hit the weights and get those legs stronger.

If he comes back next year with that 40% free throw form... we got bigger problems

Zo don’t need the ball like that tho he a ball pusher
He could’ve avg more than 9 this season he just gotta work on the 3s and getting to the line. He seems to be able to penetrate okay he’s just gotta not always penetrate to pass and try to go up and finish imo

I disagree. Giving the ball to Bron and running to the corner for half his time on the court is counter productive to Zo development imo. He needs the rock to feel the game push the pace and get rhythm

I disagree. Giving the ball to Bron and running to the corner for half his time on the court is counter productive to Zo development imo. He needs the rock to feel the game push the pace and get rhythm
they should put Zo in more PnR and have him try to get downhill
also true that standing in the corner isn't good but that might be a system thing. BI and Kuz have been able to develop their abilities to move off ball.
there have been times where zo cuts and bron finds him to the rim tho.

Back
Top Bottom