OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

Penix is about to be 24. How many years are we going to sit him? A top 10 pick on a 24 year old QB that's not ready to play day 1 I can't wrap my head around.

If he was like 21-22 cool I get it, sit him for a year or two.

I actually think people thinking that Kurt Cousins only has two years is the most shocking thing to me. I could easily see Kirk playing three or the entirety of his contract in Atlanta. The Packers didn’t get rid of Aaron Rodgers because of his on field play. He got moved because of his personality contrast with the front office and extended off-season shenanigans with retirement. Also, Jordan Love was an end 1st rounder, which was worth the gamble.

Penix would have been a pick you could stomach at 18, and a probably steal at 28, but with the 8th pick, it is franchise malpractice, especially giving his age and him never being able to finish a season, healthy.
Kirk Cousins =/= ARod though. Rodgers was giving you Top 5 QB play. GB prob regrets not moving on from him quick enough in hindsight, since they’re only getting 2 years of Love on a rookie deal. Having a good QB on a rookie deal is the biggest advantage for roster building in football.

Kirk can play for a long time but how long will Atlanta keep getting the same results with Kirk until they decide to start Penix?
They really took a black lefty QB who runs 4.4 in ATL of all places.

They set themselves up for failure.

Let Kirk have a 2-3 pick game at home…

They gon pass the AUX and queue up

Mans is cooked.

Penix is about to be 24. How many years are we going to sit him? A top 10 pick on a 24 year old QB that's not ready to play day 1 I can't wrap my head around.

If he was like 21-22 cool I get it, sit him for a year or two.
Sitting a QB for more than a year is bad business IMO.

Let’s say they sit Penix for 2-3 years. He can play slightly better than mediocre for a year and ATL is gonna have to pay him what’ll be at least 55 M per year by that time.

Don't get how hung up folks get over age, especially with QB's, when we've seen an explosion of guys playing well into their late 30's nowadays :lol:

We're not talking about a RB shelf life
Well with Penix, it’s not like he’s older with no injury issues/prone.

ATL picking Penix was just a bad move overall, and players and agents are going to remember that going forward on how they are treating Cousins.

I have a feeling that Minny was going to go with Penix over JJ, which would have been a much better fit for him. I would like to see Penix play sooner than later and that just isn’t going to happen where he went.

You can be in a win now situation but not make every move around winning now.

Have the expectations for the falcons being division winners changed because we didn’t take someone else in the first round? Should this team still not dog walk this sorry division anymore because we didn’t take another receiver or something and now Kirk only got Pitts London and Bijan?

This was a proactive decision. The last time I said we should’ve been proactive in preparing for our QB future is when we still had Matt Ryan and Jalen hurts was on the board and I said we should’ve drafted him and had him sit I remember people I know then saying I was tripping. I doubt any of them would say the same now. Of course it’s yet to be seen if it’ll work but I got faith it does way more faith it does.

Is Tampa that much worse that Atlanta is going to dog walk the division?

The Hurts situation is completely different. You were coming to the end with Ryan looking for a possible successor. You Just signed a guy for $180 mil and two months later drafted his successor.

Is Tampa that much worse that Atlanta is going to dog walk the division?

The Hurts situation is completely different. You were coming to the end with Ryan looking for a possible successor. You Just signed a guy for $180 mil and two months later drafted his successor.
Tampa is not that much worst but if Kirk is as good as people say he is we should win this division. This team had a horrible coach and qb last year and won 7 games and 2 games out of winning the division last year. You replace Ridder with Kirk that should be enough to win this division. And the hurts situation wasn’t that different we where still on the hook paying Matt a lot of money at that time I thought we should’ve drafted hurts. Hurts got drafted in 2020 Matt was 35 to start that season Kirk cousins 35 now. It’s a very similar situation the only difference is we just signed 35 year old Matt Ryan instead of him already being here. Kirk just got to the falcons but nfl wise we coming up on the end of him too like Matt in 2020.

Atlanta ain’t dog walking nothing.

Other than the Panthers every other team has a shot.
None of us still really believe mayfield is that guy and saints bout to trout Derek Carr out there again. These dudes were in a divisional battle with a team helmed by Desmond Ridder. If cousins is as good as they telling us he still is the expectation absolutely be comfortably winning that division if that’s the competition and cousins is that much of an upgrade at the QB spot rn.

could have solidified a top 10 defense with that pick.
Perhaps.

I think ultimately they are like a .500 or slightly better team with Kirk at the helm. By the time you have pieces that could potentially make you a real contender, Kirk is probably gonna be done and then you’re left with nothing at the most important position in football.

Back
Top Bottom