**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If we take Carsen Edwards in a 4-10 pick I will denounce the Lakers entirely. Did you watch college ball all year or just tune in for the tournament? Even then, I don't know how the hell you came to this conclusion on him :lol:

This scouting report was done prior to the tournament and includes clips from the regular season: https://basketballsocietyonline.com/carsen-edwards-scouting-report

More insight on Edwards from Nov 2018: https://basketballsocietyonline.com/regret-passing-on-carsen-edwards-in-nba-draft

Bottom line: dude is a killer and is perfectly fine tuned to succeed at the next level, given his makeup, talent, and raw ability. There is little doubt in my mind that he will star at the next level.

Today's protoypical NBA star guard is a much different breed. No more "true point guard." No more true shooting guard. The best guards in the league are combo guards who are under 6'5" - Kyrie, Steph, Kemba, Dame, prime Isaiah Thomas, prime D-Rose, Westrbook, and now the new generation that includes Donovan Mitchell, Trae Young, Jamal Murray, De'Aaron Fox, Russell, etc... they can all shoot the 3, and break down defenses with penetration or on the PnR. Most importantly, all these guys can find multiple ways to score tons of points.

And what sealed the deal for me about Edwards is what he displayed in the tourney - that dude plays with no fear whatsoever, he has tremendous upper body strength and can absorb contact above the rim. More importantly, dude is big time clutch and is primed for big performances in big games.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLF
So...apparently David Griffin said he spoke to Rich Paul and there is a sentiment that AD may wanna stay in NOLA after all. LOL.

Bet he’s just trying to soften blow when he trades him to LA for Kuzma and our 11th pick

clippers aint getting koala
Ok. Doesn’t matter how much you say it.

I haven’t lived in so cal for years. Are the clippers still a joke down there? I recall even when they were lob city, it was kind of embarrassing to be their fans. Still the case?

Ok. Doesn’t matter how much you say it.

I haven’t lived in so cal for years. Are the clippers still a joke down there? I recall even when they were lob city, it was kind of embarrassing to be their fans. Still the case?
I still don’t see clippers merch being sold in stores

I'm so worried about this off season. Just have a feeling nothing is going to go our way. All the negative press doesn't help.

DeadViciousDegu-size_restricted.gif

Hope we luck out and get to pick in the 2-4 spot in the draft so we can get Carsen Edwards. I see him being the only other player in the draft besides Zion who has future superstar NBA player written all over him.
We could have the last pick in the lottery and still pick him if we wanted to. Lol it would be reach though

It's literally land one Max, and get your Top 10 draft pick right. (and sign Javale friggin McGee :lol: )

If they can do well with later picks like Kuz, Hart, Bryant, Clarkson, Nance, Zubac, then they can get the Top 10 pick right. Everyone should have faith in that.

The only real hurdle is land Kawhi. Who WANTS to be in LA. Land that guy. Land him, over the Clippers.

If you can't land a single FA who wants to be in your city, over THE CLIPPERS, nail a Top 10 pick, and re-sign Javale McGee, what're we even doin in here?

Dude... that’s been the plan for the last 6 years. It’s difficult when nobody wants to come. It’s diffi when everybody knows what kind of **** show circus is goin on over there. It’s difficult when guys don’t want to play with Bron, it’s difficult when your GM is universally hated.

Nobody cares about lakers lore anymore.

I don't think the clippers are any better or more popular then they have been in the past decade. They're in a solid position to do something but they're still not making any real noise at this point

If we take Carsen Edwards in a 4-10 pick I will denounce the Lakers entirely. Did you watch college ball all year or just tune in for the tournament? Even then, I don't know how the hell you came to this conclusion on him :lol:

The "we are THE LAKERS and they are THE CLIPPERS" thing isn't going to work anymore. Especially with how bad things have looked in the FO from the outside looking in+Bron being the face of the team. Clipps are in the playoffs with a squad of role players and got a win against one of the best teams of all time. Also if Caruso and Wagner are key rotation players next year we will suck again.

Put some respek on Caruso's name...

We could have the last pick in the lottery and still pick him if we wanted to. Lol it would be reach though
True, but I wouldn't pass on him at, say, pick 13 like other teams passed on Donovan Mitchell. Edwards fills a huge weakness and immediate need. Edwards would essentially be the scoring combo guard playing next to pass-first Lonzo that DAngelo Russell would've been in L.A. had Russell's development and maturity not hindered him during his tumultuous and unfulfilled Laker tenure.

Last edited:
I don't think the clippers are any better or more popular then they have been in the past decade. They're in a solid position to do something but they're still not making any real noise at this point
Better owner. Better coach. Role players. No shadow of LeBron.

I think the most likely scenario is that we end up trading the farm for AD and building around whatever is left over. Bittersweet because I'd like to keep at least one of Zo/BI/Kuz but if we get a max it makes us real contenders next season and some flexibility to build in the future once Bron takes his retirement tour to Cleveland

Jeanie with her stupid Business First moves need to sell the team

- Kobe contract for business
- Draft Zo for business
- Sign LeToxic for business (farewell tour in a Laker uniform = $$$)

If you care about winning you get the F of the way and let a real basketball mind run the show

I'm keeping my own expectation very low this offseason

We lucky to even sign kemba.

So did pelinka took over magic's job? :sick:

Dude... that’s been the plan for the last 6 years. It’s difficult when nobody wants to come. It’s diffi when everybody knows what kind of **** show circus is goin on over there. It’s difficult when guys don’t want to play with Bron, it’s difficult when your GM is universally hated.

Nobody cares about lakers lore anymore.

Again, he wants to come. He wanted us to trade for him a year ago.

Could he pull a Paul George? Yes, of course he can. He can choose to stay in Toronto. Otherwise, he wanted to be in LA. And that was before Bron was here, when he had no guarantee he could come here and win.

The sales pitch is simply Bron is getting up there, he couldn't get to the playoffs this year, you could come in (with a lotto pick) and better health and get us back into the playoffs. YOU would be seen as the savior, helping LeBron James get back to the playoffs. Then in 2 years time it will be YOUR franchise, with the core we build around you.
(Maybe that includes Anthony Davis, maybe it doesn't, what do you prefer Kawhi?)

If he rather join the team that has never done ANYTHING, EVER, and their best asset is 82 years old, then hey, time to sell Jeanie.

That's not about lore, or any of that. That's plain and simple facts about both franchises. No matter what the PR is. Christ, they don't have any PR and they're in the same city. :lol: If he wants to be there and be forgotten and just a nice little ok team, then fine, go ahead. If he joins us, and helps us win, with LeBron, he would be the face of the damn sport.

Sell that, better than I just did. (I spent 4 minutes typing this, it can be sold better than I)

Draft targets as of rn should include

Bol Bol - boom or bust type pick. Has elite level tools for his size but it’s a matter if he can remain healthy. Will his body allow him to withstand the physical play and long nba season? But when healthy dude is a prime fit and can stretch the floor.

Jaxson Hayes - if McGee walks, Hayes can come in and fill that role. Excellent defender. Excellent size/length. Very explosive. Also a good free throw shooter so although he didn’t shoot much in college he does have potential to knock down the occasional mid range J. Tough to project 3 pt shooting but FT % is a good indicator which suggests he can learn to shoot 3s a la Brook Lopez.

Romeo Langford - KCP likely gone. Hart is a 3 and D guy and fringe starter. Not much upside but solid player. Neither of our guards are solid in PnR— Lonzo 22 %ile, Ingram 42%, Hart 24%. Langford doesn’t have any elite tools but can be solid across the board. He excelled in PnR in college which would help there. He needs to improve his shooting though and efficiency.
11D628C6-7E03-4C69-886C-33D0C9D7252D.jpeg

Brandon Clarke - I like him but not at 10-12 range. He seems like a tweener to me and doesn’t offer much shooting. 15ish seems good for him.

Again, he wants to come. He wanted us to trade for him a year ago.

Could he pull a Paul George? Yes, of course he can. He can choose to stay in Toronto. Otherwise, he wanted to be in LA. And that was before Bron was here, when he had no guarantee he could come here and win.

The sales pitch is simply Bron is getting up there, he couldn't get to the playoffs this year, you could come in (with a lotto pick) and better health and get us back into the playoffs. YOU would be seen as the savior, helping LeBron James get back to the playoffs. Then in 2 years time it will be YOUR franchise, with the core we build around you.
(Maybe that includes Anthony Davis, maybe it doesn't, what do you prefer Kawhi?)

If he rather join the team that has never done ANYTHING, EVER, and their best asset is 82 years old, then hey, time to sell Jeanie.

That's not about lore, or any of that. That's plain and simple facts about both franchises. No matter what the PR is. Christ, they don't have any PR and they're in the same city. :lol: If he wants to be there and be forgotten and just a nice little ok team, then fine, go ahead. If he joins us, and helps us win, with LeBron, he would be the face of the damn sport.

Sell that, better than I just did. (I spent 4 minutes typing this, it can be sold better than I)

Lmaooooo.

“Shouldn’t be difficult”
“Sales pitch is simply”

Tell us why making moves in this billion dollar industry is so simple to you, but the professionals have been botching it for so long??

Back
Top Bottom