**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Glad magic cleared his name.

Tim Harris is the lakers head business exec.

He has never played basketball, never been involved in basketball operations, never scouted anything... DOES NOT KNOW THE ACTUAL GAME of BASKETBALL AT ALL.

He should not have had any type of say so in whether Luke was getting fired or retained.

I don't blame Magic for quitting once it became apparent that Tim had a say so in basketball ops.

So how is he going to be able to be good at his job with that being the premise?
hmmm... maybe because we don't know what goes on behind closed doors?

to be objective, you need to see his transactions first abefore casting any judgement...at all. i mean, i thought that's obvious lol

hmmm... maybe because we don't know what goes on behind closed doors?

to be objective, you need to see his transactions first abefore casting any judgement...at all. i mean, i thought that's obvious lol

Well his first transaction as the head guy was this disastrous coaching debacle.

We actually do know what goes on behind closed doors though as least what's been reported. Other executives would rather talk to anybody else in Lakers brass than him and he's hated by every other agency in the business sans Klutch sports.

thank god kurt rambis is here advising. at least we have a basketball player/mind helping make
Well his first transaction as the head guy was this disastrous coaching debacle.

We actually do know what goes on behind closed doors though as least what's been reported. Other executives would rather talk to anybody else in Lakers brass than him and he's hated by every other agency in the business sans Klutch sports.
to be fair, reports say Jeanie and rob wanted Lue but Linda and kurt said no.

again. you're measuring his performance based on nothing. the only logical way to assess this is at the end of the 2020 season.

until I see teams declining any transactions or business opportuniites from the lakers from this point forward, i'll just chalk it up to your usual media BS.

We really crashing and burning....got damn
Ya I don’t get the timing of this.

Love how he starts out with “first year was great. We traded Deangelo bc I knew he had to go bc of that shaggy p thing.”

How about you get rid of swaggy and amend situation with d lo who is now an all star. Can’t run a team off emotion. Then he said that pick turned into Kuzma...who woulda been there one pick later anyways. FAKE NEWS.

Bro same thing I said while watching that part...

It's kind of sad to me that Jeannie was so despera the higher magic that she was okay knowing that he would only be a part-time VP of Basketball Operations. I commend Magic for being upfront about it, he said from the jump that he was going to be in and out, I blame Jeannie for hiring him.

How are you the majority owner of a billion-dollar basketball organization and you're fine with your #1 guy being a part-time employee? I couldn't imagine any other owner agreeing to this type of arrangement with their head of basketball operations.

If they get rid of Rob it's just gonna be rambis and Phil having more input. My opinion of Rob is basically the same as what Magic said. That he's smart and hardworking but incapable of getting anything done because of his reputation. Whereas Magic is the exact opposite and people want to work with him but he's clueless. They should probably keep Pelinka around but in a background advisory role which it basically seems like they've done except they aren't really heeding his advice i.e. the Lue situation

Woj makes alot of good points. Magic kept saying that Rob was back stabbing him end of the day, Rob was bringing to light the fact that Magic wasn't putting the work in. Even Magic himself admitted that he was in and out and managing his other businesses while also trying to run the Lakers. How was that backstabbing? Was Rob saying anything else other than that?

it's like beating a dead horse now, but Woj continues to go on and on about how our ownership group has lost control and we have no structure or processes in place. This entire organization is amateur hour

How was that backstabbing? Was Rob saying anything else other than that?

Because if Rob had such a problem with it he should have said it directly to Magic's face.

If someone at your office was saying "Hey, ATL's Finest is never here. Anybody seen ATL's Finest?" and making sarcastic jokes and comments about your attendance (right or wrong) you'd feel that the person making the comments was a straight forward guy or someone that you could trust and wanted to work with?

You just don't do that in that setting or any setting for that matter.

It's even worse because Rob kept giving the impression that he was working in tandem with Magic when the truth was Rob was angling for more power all along.

I mean Magic had an arrangement with Jeanie in which he made clear that he still needed to manage his business outside of the Lakers.

Maybe Rob didn't understand that? I don't know, but the one thing that he should understand is that this is Magic Johnson he is running his

mouth about. It will never end well for you regardless if you're Kobe's guy.

This whole situation just shows that the Buss kids are inadequate to run the team.

Woj makes alot of good points. Magic kept saying that Rob was back stabbing him end of the day, Rob was bringing to light the fact that Magic wasn't putting the work in. Even Magic himself admitted that he was in and out and managing his other businesses while also trying to run the Lakers. How was that backstabbing? Was Rob saying anything else other than that?

it's like beating a dead horse now, but Woj continues to go on and on about how our ownership group has lost control and we have no structure or processes in place. This entire organization is amateur hour

Not really. The backstabbing comes from Magic basically saying he was grooming Rob to take the job at the end of 3 years and the dude was talking **** behind his back. Specifically when he told Jeanie that he wasn't going to be there on a day to day basis. Either Jeanie didn't relay that to Rob which is negligent or she did and willingly participated in allowing the bashing of Magic to take place. Either way Rob is a snake.

I just want to go back to discussing basketball and not this basketball wives bull**** that's being reported on constantly.

giphy%2B%252868%2529.gif

Magic and Rob were basically brought in to be 2 sides of the same coin. They already knew Magic wasn't gonna be in the office 40 hours a week. He's Magic f'n Johnson, he's a mogul. He doesn't have that time and he told that to Jeanie. That's what Rob was for. Magic was there basically for recruitment. Remember that's what Magic's whole point was when he first took the job. He wanted to get 2 superstars. He never talked like this was a long term job. He always talked like he would be there for 3 years max.

I would HATE to have Magic as an enemy in LA.

Right. I don't know what Rob was thinking. Magic is the bawse in LA. He got people everywhere. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom