**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Both sides can be right. It is drama going on and some of it was just made up story lines. All Magic did was go further into what he already said about the "backstabbing" and not having the real power he was told he would have. Whether that stops somebody from signing we'll see.

:rofl:

I mean apparently coaches were turned off by the state of the front office. Why wouldn't players be? And what makes you think they aren't?

Look i'm not saying that it's impossible for FA's to see what's going on in L.A and having a pause, I however don't think that is gonna be the driving force behind whether someone does or doesn't sign here. AD & Lebron are two of the best players in the league, any org would be happy to have them. Lebron landed on the Lakers & AD tried to force his way to the Lakers.

so i'm just not seeing this black cloud that everyone is forecasting over the team. It is far from ideal, but it definitely not some nail in the coffin. We have the ability to really improve this summer, like iv'e stated from the jump i'm giving them this summer with a bunch of assets & Cap room to work with, from there i can make a real judgement.

Until then the whole "everyone" hates Pelinka, Nobody wants to sign because of the FO is just rumors & speculation... The only thing Magic confirmed in that interview were things we already knew. rob made a power play for his job, & jeannie has a group of people around her who she listens to closely.

IMG_2505.jpg

There's nothing cool about Rob.

His whole vibe is slime-ball, two-faced, corny story telling jerk.

vogel seem like a clown.. first off his accent don’t sound right.. second dude already talmbout makin sure every employee is held accountable down to the valet driver... talmbout togetherness in the front office.. n on top of that he worried about public perception of the team.. and this dude who’s barely been here wants to clear the air? Lmao sit the **** down n stay in yo lane.. you a coach ***** now do yo damn job n shut up

Vogel talking like they didn't bring Kidd to basically do the same thing Rob did to Magic. Well at least he's getting paid for it.

vogel seem like a clown.. first off his accent don’t sound right.. second dude already talmbout makin sure every employee is held accountable down to the valet driver... talmbout togetherness in the front office.. n on top of that he worried about public perception of the team.. and this dude who’s barely been here wants to clear the air? Lmao sit the **** down n stay in yo lane.. you a coach ***** now do yo damn job n shut up
Nah man. At least he’s professional about it. We got former pres on tv bashing the team and former players when all he needs to say is “that was tough but we had to make a move. I think so and so is gonna be great..”. Our owner consulting with housewife of Beverly Hills to make decisions. At least he’s saying the right stuff.

Lol are you high? The perception of the dysfunctional front office was why wer kept striking out on free agents before Magic came in, why in the world would you think that WOULDN'T be the case right now?
the dysfunctional front office :lol:

kobe's salary hampered the lakers flexibility. do you expect guys like durant, lebron, lamarcus aldridge (to name a few) to join kobe on his 20th farewell season, post achilles at that?:lol:

the lakers had nothing to offer back then. they were stuck between holding on to their cash cow and rebuilding (dlo, randle, clarkson)

jim and mitch made some good and bad decisions, like any front office but it was nowhere near to what the lakers under jeannie are going through.

:smh:

the dysfunctional front office :lol:

kobe's salary hampered the lakers flexibility. do you expect guys like durant, lebron, lamarcus aldridge (to name a few) to join kobe on his 20th farewell season, post achilles at that?:lol:

the lakers had nothing to offer back then. they were stuck between holding on to their cash cow and rebuilding (dlo, randle, clarkson)

jim and mitch made some good and bad decisions, like any front office but it was nowhere near to what the lakers under jeannie are going through.

:smh:

You do realize we had max cap space with after Kobe signed that deal right? Nobody wanted to join partly because of dealing with him as a teammate and a lot cause Jim and Mitch were a **** show.

Bad decisions? You forget we couldn't even get meetings with the top guys and/or were completely unprepared in presentations for the ones we did? It was a mess.

This is the exact same scenario with Lebron now on the player side and a new set of characters in the front office. Bron is the cash cow, we don't know what's going to happen with the thing guys now either. It's deja vu.

We’ll find out quickly if all this dysfunction matters when it comes to free agency

But even if we strike out, the Jeanie apologists will say “we weren’t going to get those guys anyways....”, “Kawhi doesn’t want the Lakers spotlight” or “Kyrie wants to be in New York regardless”.....

So we may never know impact in terms of players; but we clearly saw the impact of the dysfunction on good coaching candidates who all stayed away....

You do realize we had max cap space with after Kobe signed that deal right? Nobody wanted to join partly because of dealing with him as a teammate and a lot cause Jim and Mitch were a **** show.

This is the exact same scenario with Lebron now on the player side and a new set of characters in the front office. Bron is the cash cow, we don't know what's going to happen with the thing guys now either. It's deja vu.
dude. i just said. No one wants to join kobe post achilles. did you not read that? he's the biggest reason why no one wanted to join the lakers.

love kobe to death but im also a realist. the man was delusional.

with jim and buss least there was a semblance of authority between the two. mitch reported to jim, jim green lights it.

the dysfunction talk at the time was coming from, get this...magic johnson. the same guy who quit when he couldn't handle the heat in the kitchen.

this guy smh lol

but go on with your revisionist history lol

Last edited:
We’ll find out quickly if all this dysfunction matters when it comes to free agency

But even if we strike out, the Jeanie apologists will say “we weren’t going to get those guys anyways....”, “Kawhi doesn’t want the Lakers spotlight” or “Kyrie wants to be in New York regardless”.....

So we may never know impact in terms of players; but we clearly saw the impact of the dysfunction on good coaching candidates who all stayed away....
there is no jeannie apologists lol. if anything, i think 98% of the lakers nation wants her to either step down or simply appoint ONE guy to oversee the whole basketball ops.

there were no "good coaching" candidates that stayed away. it was a matter of numbers.

both ty and monty wanted 5 years. lakers wants no more than 3.

lets not forget how bad Magic was as an executive. From big moves to small moves.

1) negative: wanted to get under the cap so bad he traded away a future all star really for 1 year of Brook Lopez and Josh Hart. Then when Brook begged to come back, we said no.

2) postive: signed lebron (a huge plus for us...unless he continues his downward slide and stinks it up again next year (by his standards))

3) negative: signed Beasley and Lance. Oh and signed KCP again to a huge deal.

4) negative: traded zubac for muscala (i know zubac isnt great but he was our best center at the time of trade and Muscala played like 2 mins for us)

5) negative: the whole AD debacle ("captain of the ship", he didnt handle it right)

6) negative: quit abruptly

7) negative: went on ESPN to bash former team lol

honorable mentions: alienated Julius which made him say "Screw this im outta here," multiple tampering offenses.

there is no jeannie apologists lol. if anything, i think 98% of the lakers nation wants her to either step down or simply appoint ONE guy to oversee the whole basketball ops.

there were no "good coaching" candidates that stayed away. it was a matter of numbers.

both ty and monty wanted 5 years. lakers wants no more than 3.

Basically, them turning down 3 years is them saying “if you want me to join this dumpster fire, I need more years”

There was a time when the Lakers coaching job was a dream job that anyone would jump at no matter what

dude. i just said. No one wants to join kobe post achilles. did you not read that? he's the biggest reason why no one wanted to join the lakers.

love kobe to death but im also a realist. the man was delusional.

with jim and buss least there was a semblance of authority between the two. mitch reported to jim, jim green lights it.

the dysfunction talk at the time was coming from, get this...magic johnson. the same guy who quit when he couldn't handle the heat in the kitchen.

this guy smh lol

but go on with your revisionist history lol

You can't read. I acknowledged there was an aversion to play with Kobe. That doesn't negate what the front office did at the time.

Are you going to sit here and really say before all this crap came out there wasn't everybody reporting there was an aversion or at least perception wise to playing with Lebron?

You can't read. I acknowledged there was an aversion to play with Kobe. That doesn't negate what the front office did at the time.

Are you going to sit here and really say before all this crap came out there wasn't everybody reporting there was an aversion or at least perception wise to playing with Lebron?
the aversion to playing with kobe and how jim/mitch handled basketball ops wasn't mutual. they worked with what they have, and kobe post achilles was going to be a tough sell to ANYONE.

again, embiid recruited lebron heavily. AD put his name on the line to join Lebron in LA.

and your proof is?

the aversion to playing with kobe and how jim/mitch handled basketball ops wasn't mutual. they worked with what they have, and kobe post achilles was going to be a tough sell to ANYONE.

again, embiid recruited lebron heavily. AD put his name on the line to join Lebron in LA.

and your proof is?

So we playing dumb now? Ok

Back
Top Bottom