**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm giving Pelinka the benefit of the doubt but it's going to be an uphill battle with Magic assassinating him on live TV before Free Agency even begins. You have to think that was a very calculated, FU parting gift by Magic to Pelinka.

Still, I think the Lakers will surprise a lot of people this off-season. Anything more than surrounding Lebron with a bunch of playmakers is going to be a win in my book.
this thread reeks of negativity all the damn time. i see the same posters trashing lebron has now found a new man for their pessimism:smh::lol:

im saving the couple few pages come free agency. i want some apologies from these negative nancie's

"Buss had questioned Johnson several times in the wake of his public resignation, asking him if there were any issues with Pelinka or anyone else in the organization. They spoke on the phone for hours. They went to a private dinner at Wally's in Beverly Hills on May 2. Multiple Lakers sources told ESPN that each time, Johnson said nothing beyond what he'd said on April 9 -- that he didn't feel like he could be Magic in this role and wanted his freedom back."

Source:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26788978/the-lakers-public-drama-crisis-ownership

"Surprised by his comments? No, not at all," Riley told ESPN on Monday afternoon. "I'll tell you about Earvin -- and it's what I love about him, but also what I have cautioned him about -- he's going to speak his mind. If that's how he felt, that's how he felt.

"He's not going to leave a hanging curveball out there about backstabbing and whispering. He manned up today. That's who 'Buck' is. He would never tolerate that. He never has tolerated that."

In hindsight what Jeanie shoulda done was hire David griffin the time she hired magic. Made him pres and GM with full autonomy

And even said things were great the first year.

Completely skipped over all the bonehead moves he made and jumped straight to wanting to fire Luke. Imagine if a player had a game where they shot 25% and in the postgame they celebrate the 5 shots they made then call out every teammate by name and blame them for the loss. Clown ****. Magic went out like Terry rozier

Magic was a jackass for that move today. Plain and simple. Threw everybody under the bus and took no responsibility for his performance

That's not true he took responsibility for his mistakes, not getting shooters, letting Brook go, not giving Bron a heads up, and some other stuff.

That's not true he took responsibility for his mistakes, not getting shooters, letting Brook go, not giving Bron a heads up, and some other stuff.

Maybe I missed all that. But I thought he said he could've did it differently but he did it his way and wouldn't care if it happened to him re: not telling Bron

Johnson agreed two weeks ago to appear on ESPN's "First Take" show on Monday, unbeknown to him at the time that the Lakers would schedule a news conference to introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach. Johnson said on the show it was Pelinka he was referring to about "backstabbing and whispering" when he resigned from the job Lakers owner Jeanie Buss had hired him to do two years ago.

Source:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lake...y-national-tv-rob-pelinka-20190520-story.html

I don't get why fools on here are mad at Magic for keepin 100% about Pelinka and Jeanie.

LOUDER FOR THOSE IN THE BACK!

Also :lol::lol::lol:@ Magic "grooming" Rob to take over the top basketball job after a few years. How is Magic Johnson, someone who's never had a VP of Basketball Ops job, gonna groom someone else for the role?

Also :rofl: at think you can run a basketball franchise part time. I can't think of another owner who would accept this type of arrangement. Please sell the team, Jeannie. Please!

Back
Top Bottom