2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what? I hate to say it but a team that signs him immediately alienates a good portion of their fan base.
and at the same time, gain more fans. F those fans who would leave because they signed a capable back up.

But i get it, its not happening and not realistic.

Last edited:
This is disingenuous as hell. The last year he played, he may have been on one of the least talented teams in the league due to a lot of players leaving in free agency and retiring immediately after Harbaugh got fired. Chip Kelly, jim tomsula, and trent Balkee ran that team into the ground with terrible coaching and had some God awful drafts. Outside of deforest buckner and trent brown they barely drafted any starters in like three years. Not to mention chip Kelley inexplicably tried to make Blaine gabbert a thing because kaep didnt fit his system. Even after Chip finally benched Blaine, you could tell a night and day difference between him and Kaep. Kaep was definitely the better QB, chip was just a God damn idiot and should have never been coach in the first place.

There was a reason the 49ers had the youngest roster in the NFL last year. It wasnt because they wanted to. It's because they had a historically bad defense the season before with extremely little talent outside of deforest buckner. You cant blame kaep for playing from behind in garbage time when they had the worst rushing defense in over 2 decades.

Also, please stop using fantasy football to argue real life football. Being good or bad in fantasy does not = being good or bad in real life.

This wasn’t “using fantasy football”...it was just stating that I did have to pay attention to his performances his last year and actually watch a handful of those games and the stats you’d be using could also make Blake Bortles look like an amazing QB if you’d be talking about his 2015 season where he threw for like 4,500 yards, 35 TD’s and 18 INT’s. The games Kaep put up good stats that last year he was putting them all up in garbage time prevent defenses. Full Bortles mode.

This wasn’t “using fantasy football”...it was just stating that I did have to pay attention to his performances his last year and actually watch a handful of those games and the stats you’d be using could also make Blake Bortles look like an amazing QB if you’d be talking about his 2015 season where he threw for like 4,500 yards, 35 TD’s and 18 INT’s. The games Kaep put up good stats that last year he was putting them all up in garbage time prevent defenses. Full Bortles mode.

Im just saying the only reason people are using those stats is because those are the only games he started that season because Chip Kelly is not a good NFL coach and the 49ers literally had the worst run defense since like 1990. Cant really fault him for that. His stats in those games really werent all that much different than his stats in previous seasons with Harbaugh.

Mannn they gonna run bell into the ground. Smh

Am I the only one who thinks what the Steelers are going is grimy as hell? Bell basically made a total of $16M for the 5 years they have been there and they have no intention of giving him a long term contract for what he is worth. I don't blame him for sitting out. $70M means next to nothing knowing like $30M of it is guaranteed and they are just going to run him into the ground for the next three years like the cowboys did with Demarco Murray and cut bait in 2 years.

Get your money Bell. They are just going to do the same thing to James Conner.

All ill say is if Titans had Kaep go into the game instead of blaine gabbert we would have at least had a shot to win.

Yall see how GARBAGE QB play is in the league. After Rodgers, Brees and Brady are gone its gonna be rough.

How did it get this bad? :lol: was it overpaying for guys like Fitzpatrick, drafting guys like EJ Manuel so high and Geno?
you can blame college and to a lesser extent, high school.

all starts there with coaches, scheme, development, etc...

Am I the only one who thinks what the Steelers are going is grimy as hell? Bell basically made a total of $16M for the 5 years they have been there and they have no intention of giving him a long term contract for what he is worth. I don't blame him for sitting out. $70M means next to nothing knowing like $30M of it is guaranteed and they are just going to run him into the ground for the next three years like the cowboys did with Demarco Murray and cut bait in 2 years.

Get your money Bell. They are just going to do the same thing to James Conner.
Dog it ain’t the Steelers it’s the NFL and the system thats built so shady to beat players to a pulp and pay them nothing for it. There is no excuse why the nfl contracts shouldn’t be guaranteed. And when you done with the league they done with you. Sad ****.

NFL is definitely the slimiest league in all of sports. Most violent but pays like ****. Need lebron to jump into the NFLPA

The argument was still going strong this morning, I see? :lol:

Lemme know when it dies down...I'll start up the top 10 WR's debate...

What made you come to this conclusion?
To me, it starts with it seeming to be more "acceptable" to start a rookie QB these days when compared to say 10+ years ago. Felt like back in the day, most rookies were drafted (high draft picks) and you sat them for a couple of years. Now, guys are being drafted and really threatening for starting positions. I dont know if its because of this year, with Sam being the obvious started, Baker could have started but they had the luxury of having a solid QB to bring him along slowly, Rosen could have started but AZ paid Sam $20M so they went with him. Just seems they are better prepared to make that next step coming out of college?

Goff obviously doesnt fit this mold. He was awful coming into college, but he had to learn to be a QB who can take snaps from under center. Allen will fall into this same category. Wentz was prepared. Jameis was ready. Deshaun. Mostly referring to the QB's who are getting picked high.

Dog it ain’t the Steelers it’s the NFL and the system thats built so shady to beat players to a pulp and pay them nothing for it. There is no excuse why the nfl contracts shouldn’t be guaranteed. And when you done with the league they done with you. Sad ****.
but you have to understand why they are not guaranteed though. I feel if contracts are guaranteed, player salaries will have to take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom