2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Bonds and Clemens will eventually get voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame so that the voters can justify putting an Alex Rodriguez (who unlike Bonds and Clemens, actually got popped for 'roids and was suspended for it) and David Ortiz.

I looked up where some of these dudes currently stand

(75% needed for induction)

70.0% - Curt Schilling (2 years left)
61.0% - Roger Clemens (2 years left)
60.7% - Barry Bonds (2 years left)
28.2% - Manny Ramirez (6 years left)
13.9% - Sammy Sosa (2 years left)
Off the ballot - Mark McGwire

2021 has no real notable people entering the ballot for the first time. Quite possibly could be the "Curt Schilling Weekend" in 2021, whoa boy :lol:

I looked up where some of these dudes currently stand

(75% needed for induction)

70.0% - Curt Schilling (2 years left)
61.0% - Roger Clemens (2 years left)
60.7% - Barry Bonds (2 years left)
28.2% - Manny Ramirez (6 years left)
13.9% - Sammy Sosa (2 years left)
Off the ballot - Mark McGwire

2021 has no real notable people entering the ballot for the first time. Quite possibly could be the "Curt Schilling Weekend" in 2021, whoa boy :lol:

Everyone on here should be in. :smh:

The funny thing is people forget that the pitchers were roided out too.. Gagne vs bonds was pure entertainment.

Posey didn't practice yesterday. I have a feeling he's going to be opting out too.

ESPN Films today announced the group is in production on an upcoming project centered on the 1986 Mets, one of baseball’s most dominant and iconoclastic teams, whose legendary World Series comeback was merely the climax of an epic tale of ambition and swagger set in a city that was synonymous with excess.

Executive produced by Jimmy Kimmel, Sal “Cousin Sal” Iacono, Kimmelot’s Scott Lonker, ITV’s Jordana Hochman and MLB’s Nick Trotta, and directed by Nick Davis, the multi-part documentary will feature hours of never-before-seen footage of the ‘86 Mets team, a team of larger-than-life characters whose exploits on and off the field symbolized a unique moment in time for New York City and baseball history.

Wonder how in depth it’ll be. I read the book about them, I think it was called, The Bad Guys Won. It was crazy between the drugs, antics, and stuff. They would scout the stands for girls they’d be interested in and send a clubhouse guy to go get them and bring them to the locker room and smash there during the game lol

Wonder what league and what division they’d be in. Also wonder if another expansion team would enter with them to even the number of teams per league.

Wonder what league and what division they’d be in. Also wonder if another expansion team would enter with them to even the number of teams per league.
I think another team would need to be looped in for expansion for it to work.

The group is also looking into a current team relocating. Rays would be a prime candidate for that

I think another team would need to be looped in for expansion for it to work.

The group is also looking into a current team relocating. Rays would be a prime candidate for that

I could see the Rays relocating for sure. Depending on where they move to, Nashville could essentially replace them in the AL East. I think another team would definitely have to be involved for that expansion to work. Just not sure where.

Back
Top Bottom