2023 Official MLB Season Thread

watching this Yankee intersquad game just made me tear up :lol:

no fans has it creepy as hell tho .... nice to hear everything again

1594087754426.png

Can't have a baseball season if you can't get the test results from Saturday back on Saturday, Giants among several teams that canceled their workouts today. A's are still waiting for test results from Saturday.

This season ain't happening if this doesn't get sorted out.

What kind of roster we looking at for those being blackballed for the HOF? Pretty damn good squad that I might take against the field if there's enough starting pitching.

I've said from the get-go I'm not seeing baseball played this year when all is said and done.

But here we are, closer and closer. I'm changing my vote to they start and play two weeks max before it's all shut down and this all becomes another laughingstock.

Owners know it. They're trying for a hail mary and take that >5% chance this can go on for months end with a televised WS. I get that.

And we've seen that list of "rules" for this abbreviated season, if they play. These 60 games are going to be a clownshow either way with ESPN and Twitter trying to catch guys "spitting" or slow motion frames of "wait did the pitcher lick his fingers??" and "the angry manager got within 2 feet of the ump there, does this mean the ump needs a new test??" and so on. It's going to be high comedy and I guess I'm ready.

If Bonds isn't going to the Hall of Fame I got a serious problem with Big Sloppy Ortiz getting in
Its such a joke man. Ortiz will get in (maybe first ballot). ARod will get in. Pudge is already in.

Bonds is being targeted for being better than everyone.

Its such a joke man. Ortiz will get in (maybe first ballot). ARod will get in. Pudge is already in.

It's sad, the Latino's know how to brownnose and play the public opinion game

I don’t think Alex is getting in. He has a better shot than Bonds because he’s still a few seasons away from eligibility and younger people will be voting.

Ortiz is also not a HOFer. I hate DH players being in the HOF and this clown was on steroids.

I think the season will continue, regardless. Just like the NBA, just like the NHL and just like the NFL. Whoever tests positive simply can’t play. That’s all. Return when you test negative twice. It’s not that deep, y’all.

Both Bonds and Clemens got the stain of the entire steroid era on them. In the eyes of the voters the others who eventually got in were much lesser evils. Plus those two were dicks to the writers, and those dudes are sensitive.

Not saying it's fair, but that's how it is from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom