2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Glad I was able to secure a pair! they look great in person :nthat:

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    391.1 KB · Views: 142
anyone have a cool story about the UNKLES?

curious to know how that release was.
I missed the original release but I picked up a pair at a recycled clothing shop here in Japan in 2008ish. Paid an equivalent of $50 for them. They were definitely used but well taken care of. They weren't my size either so I ended up giving them to my brother.

Just got the dreaded “your order might be delayed” email about the Brazil’s. Hope they don’t cancel it.
I got the same. I wouldn’t worry about it, same happened with my boy and his Fire Red V’s and I had gotten the same with some AF1’s I had bought. If they do cancel our s#i+ though? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we in this together

Back in 2006, I was browsing the local used clothing store (I find it kinda fun to scope out what people sell. And to hit on a gem.) And stumbled across a pair of Tiffs sz 13 for $45. They were gently used and the real deal.(Probably stolen, or sold by an upset Ex.) I do not wear that size so I put a hold on them. It was a 48 hour hold and told my coworker to go and pick them up. (Since that was his size and he was looking for a pair.)

Looking back, I probably should of bought them and flipped them.... (I never knew if he got them, or not.)

*raises hand*

Lol being one of the older heads in here and being in the middle of things back then I can tell you quite a bit on it...

So technically there wasn’t a “release” per say

back then sb showed up at random and went on sale when they came in the door wasn’t a release date or anytbing

Just delivered to shop put one on display and if you missed you missed if you got it you got it

Ironically with the unkles I first seen them in Brooklyn around dekalb which use to be a HUGE sneaker area as far as mom and pop stores with early drops etc... back then

dude had it in a display case and this was early no shops had this yet in the city(only manhattan at this time had sb account stores)

he was selling for $250 which was considered absurd then for nearly any shoe

That shoe originally people liked the artwork but a lot didn’t like the fact it was pink that was a big thing back then everyone was like why pink?

It turned a lot of heads off

it really wasn’t till a few months later when the Nike Air Force 180 unions dropped that people started to mess with pink on shoes this was like end of 04 early 05 because that spring 05 unions was like the uniform hypebeast shoe lol

but anyway...

unkles did have an event for the release at nort/recon that got a lot of attention mainly for open bar lol

that’s where I got my pair if I recall they charged $120 for the shoes

few days later supreme put theirs out and whoever got it got it

blades also

then clientele had a couple pairs

I don’t recall DQM having them BUT a year or so later they did have a few pairs they put out for $250 which took like a month to sell as that was so much for a shoe back then and as “hyped” sb was it wasn’t really an accepted brand

most skaters felt Nike was being a culture vulture with the sb line so a lot of shops refused to even carry the line at the time

at this time Jordan and air forces are THE go to shoes sb fans like myself were very niche granted we didn’t know it at the time lol

we were the ones buying sb and court forces etc.. and no one else was

hell supreme use to have a warehouse sale for unsold product for like 3 days around June/July that was sold at a discount and we was like mehh lol

but to be fair someone had to hook you up with the address to go to that back then wasn’t a promoted thing at all

went thru every us orange label shop's ig right now. 4 online fcfs, 3 iso fcfs, and 1 online raffle out of 115 shops. boutta start calling tomorrow to pull together a sitelist for you guys for these kbs. honestly it feels weird calling shops about sbs after the travis release cause of how much they dread it now. also not gonna go for the fcfs release at my local, they're trying to enforce 6 feet gaps between people but that's just gonna lead to easy cutting and other hell.

anyways here's the only raffle so far, will update all you heads with a sitelist before release.
https://licknyc.com/shop/footwear/blazer-mid-hell/
https://licknyc.com/shop/footwear/blazer-low-ac-xt-heaven/

All the talk about Unkles I wish they would retro them.

Back to just liking pics and dropping in here and there.

Keep up the dope pick ups and pics SB thread regulars.

*raises hand*

Lol being one of the older heads in here and being in the middle of things back then I can tell you quite a bit on it...

So technically there wasn’t a “release” per say

back then sb showed up at random and went on sale when they came in the door wasn’t a release date or anytbing

Just delivered to shop put one on display and if you missed you missed if you got it you got it

Ironically with the unkles I first seen them in Brooklyn around dekalb which use to be a HUGE sneaker area as far as mom and pop stores with early drops etc... back then

dude had it in a display case and this was early no shops had this yet in the city(only manhattan at this time had sb account stores)

he was selling for $250 which was considered absurd then for nearly any shoe

That shoe originally people liked the artwork but a lot didn’t like the fact it was pink that was a big thing back then everyone was like why pink?

It turned a lot of heads off

it really wasn’t till a few months later when the Nike Air Force 180 unions dropped that people started to mess with pink on shoes this was like end of 04 early 05 because that spring 05 unions was like the uniform hypebeast shoe lol

but anyway...

unkles did have an event for the release at nort/recon that got a lot of attention mainly for open bar lol

that’s where I got my pair if I recall they charged $120 for the shoes

few days later supreme put theirs out and whoever got it got it

blades also

then clientele had a couple pairs

I don’t recall DQM having them BUT a year or so later they did have a few pairs they put out for $250 which took like a month to sell as that was so much for a shoe back then and as “hyped” sb was it wasn’t really an accepted brand

most skaters felt Nike was being a culture vulture with the sb line so a lot of shops refused to even carry the line at the time

at this time Jordan and air forces are THE go to shoes sb fans like myself were very niche granted we didn’t know it at the time lol

we were the ones buying sb and court forces etc.. and no one else was

hell supreme use to have a warehouse sale for unsold product for like 3 days around June/July that was sold at a discount and we was like mehh lol

but to be fair someone had to hook you up with the address to go to that back then wasn’t a promoted thing at all

Thank you for that vamp.

Nice little history right there.

Sold NDS Nike SB Black Supreme Lows, Jedis, Homers. (From trades from NT around 2006)
for OW Chicago Jordans.

question is how do y’all feel about having an expensive grail compared to something more usable?
I could’ve used the cash I received from the SBs for other kicks on my list(Parra AM1s, Sacai Waffle Racers, etc...) but I went all in on 1 pair.

Last edited:
Sold NDS Nike SB Black Supreme Lows, Jedis, Homers. (From trades from NT around 2006)
for OW Chicago Jordans.

question is how do y’all feel about having an expensive grail compared to something more usable?
I could’ve used the cash I received from the SBs for other kicks on my list(Parra AM1s, Sacai Waffle Racers, etc...) but I went all in on 1 pair.

In a way I compare it to cars. Would you drive a Ferrari to its fullest potential knowing it’s value compared to a less expensive option/car? Or does the Ferrari sit in the garage. Just curious to see what how the community feels about it.

81725a0a70ce60d2d71ca4d90ca3ae33.gif

Forgot what month it was, but it was 2004 and I was in college and it was my first Nike SB. For me it was too easy to get these.

Krudco skate shop in Rochester NY had got them in. There was no hype at all at that store. I remember calling the shop and asking the owner to hold a pair for me because I had to get my friend to drive me 25 miles to get them and he said don’t worry “No one wants these”

The price was 130 per shoe and he offered me the option to purchase around 5 if I wanted. I was a broke college student so I only purchased 2 pairs.

I told my boy that drove me that he should get a pair and he scoffed at me because they were a pink based sneaker and they weren’t AF1s or Jordan’s

My girlfriend at the time thought I was wasting money on the 2nd pair, but I ended up selling the second pair for 300 a few months later.

To piggyback off what vampire xtc vampire xtc said. I was shocked people weren’t going crazy for these at first. The artwork on the shoe sealed it for me that these were amazing alone. But in 2004 men weren’t into pink sneakers. I also remember running around in 2005 in NYC like a crazy person for Union 180s as well.

It was interesting to see how easy it was for Unkles vs 1 year later for Tiffany’s and hyped and difficult that shoe was.

Unkles are still one of my favorite sneakers to this day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom