2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I like seeing this resurgence in the brand. It's nice seeing skateshops have more business and foot traffic and it's generally kind of cool seeing more people interested in dunks, even though most are getting back into it for the wrong reasons lol.
Agree with this here. As a patron of the brand for the last ten years, I'm happy to see others enjoying it the same way I did at first. I'm glad dunks never died to me because I was able to track down almost everything I wanted for reasonable prices in the last few years. Definitely have some regrets about moving some but I used to do a lot of trading.

On the contrary, they lost me as a customer for their new products yeeeaaaars so I could really care less what they do now because I'm not buying haha

I must've been searching for the wrong stuff.. I was mostly always checking for stuff I had during the pink box era and the prices were kind of high lol it's just worst now.

I've been out of the loop for a minute, I'm trying to understand this whole fiasco.

So if I'm understanding correct, there was to be a "live" show about the Panda Pigeons where they would hold a pre-order. The pre-order stock was put out with roughly 20 pairs. Bots then found a way to get into the app, app started messing up, and "live" show was cancelled?

Sounds right?

LOL.

I've been out of the loop for a minute, I'm trying to understand this whole fiasco.

So if I'm understanding correct, there was to be a "live" show about the Panda Pigeons where they would hold a pre-order. The pre-order stock was put out with roughly 20 pairs. Bots then found a way to get into the app, app started messing up, and "live" show was cancelled?

Sounds right?

LOL.
yup

I'm late to the GoaT/favorite discussion, but I would say the OG Tiff Dunks are the GoaT, unquestionably. They did more for the brand long term than arguably any other pair of SBs. When you tell a non-SB dude that you're into SBs, the first question is almost always "you got the Tiffany Dunks?"

I would say conceptually (no pun intended), Yellow Lobs are the best. Yellow being the rarest color of lobsters in nature + making them F&F exclusives around the time that Blues dropped was great.

My personal favorite Dunks are probably the Mondrian lows from the Gold Box era. They are perfectly executed from the painting that inspired them and the color blocking/contrast is awesome.

My personal favorite SB. Never thought Nike would do something with an artist like DOOM (my favorite artist). Would love a retro too.
20181112_160551-1.jpg

Serious question guys: wtf is happening to Nike SB?
super loaded question that probably has a lot of different answers.
my quick guess is that they're trying to recreate the hype they once had by doing rehashes of similar releases (diamonds, pigeons, lobsters, etc). in some ways its working, but they're alienating their core base while doing so. the problem is that this is only a good strategy if you want quick hype and hype generally fades over time. longevity doesn't seem to be the name of the game here, sadly.

the SB team needs to realize that what made the brand dope in the mid to late 2000s wasn't rehashing hype, it was its connection to new designers/skate shops...the grassroots stuff. furthermore, they have to let go of these release gimmicks. whatever marketing strategies (read: stunts) are being used for other nike releases (especially hyped ones), shouldn't just be copy and pasted to SB releases. SB has a completely different history and the releases need to be treated differently. no amount of SNKRS cam or Concepts collabs are going to save this ship.

Back
Top Bottom