2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovie couldn’t get the Illinois football program off the ground, hire Bienemy.

regarding the tuck rule, a youtube comment summed it up perfectly: "the way the rule is written, if a qb pump fakes, he can technically never fumble." A qb hardly ever tucks it unless he's about to run. If they're in the pocket, it's usually in the passing stance. Realistically, it was obviously a fumble, but the way the (decades old) rule was written, I see how it was interpreted.

The doc brought up some good points tho. I never realized that it could've been unnecessary roughness due to woodson hitting brady's helmet, which was clear.

remninds me of the step thru move in basketball. i see how people try to interpret the rule to make the move seem legit, but it's obviously a travel. the people that wrote the rules back then probably didn't even think they'd need to be super specific.

Last edited:
regarding the tuck rule, a youtube comment summed it up perfectly: "the way the rule is written, if a qb pump fakes, he can technically never fumble." A qb hardly ever tucks it unless he's about to run. If they're in the pocket, it's usually in the passing stance. Realistically, it was obviously a fumble, but the way the (decades old) rule was written, I see how it was interpreted.

The doc brought up some good points tho. I never realized that it could've been unnecessary roughness due to woodson hitting brady's helmet, which was clear.

remninds me of the step thru move in basketball. i see how people try to interpret the rule to make the move seem legit, but it's obviously a travel. the people that wrote the rules back then probably didn't even think they'd need to be super specific.

Cliffnotes:
**** Tom Brady

I'm just a casual NFL fan but l like Brady. Just a clean cut likable dude. Eli on the other hand comes off as mad annoying. Even came in the league on some bratty stuff.

i will admit, since his Buc days tho i’ve grown to appreciate him and his trolling.
crying-black-guy-meme.gif

I'm just a casual NFL fan but l like Brady. Just a clean cut likable dude. Eli on the other hand comes off as mad annoying. Even came in the league on some bratty stuff.

Nah, Eli is chill and kinda funny sometimes. I blame his pops for that draft stuff.

Y’all kinda set yourselves up for failure even tuning into the pro bowl :lol: I don’t remember the last time I watched one. I hate to say it but the only all star type game worth watching is the MLB. The NBA is basically the same as the NFL in terms of being competitive with the only difference being the NBA will turn it on and play defense the last few minutes to make it close

Nah, Eli is chill and kinda funny sometimes. I blame his pops for that draft stuff.
In defense of that whole draft thing, San Diego was a mess back then. Especially handling rookie contracts. They routinely were struggling to get guys signed in a timely manner.

I don’t blame any guy for tanking the draft or not giving a shh or skipping portions of that process

only in sports we except some dumb shhhh

if someone says they don’t wanna live some place, zero problem in any other profession.. then there’s the whole college shh

i say all this while I enjoy watching the draft and that whole process.. and obviously love sports

This is the first overnight hiring I’ve even experienced :lol:

I legit went to sleep with Josh McCown looking like he was going to get the job, to waking up with Lovie Smith being close to being the hire.

TBH Lovie is the worst of all black candidates :smh:

Texans trying make PR moves after F’n things up

There is speculation it woulda been the eagles DC, but he wanted his own OC instead of being forced to hire Mccown

I fully understand we all come in crazy different shades and colors but they literally have to keep telling us he’s mixed. I’m sure most team owners didn’t even know and were told. I’m sure the owners felt comfortable and relatable with him in the room. Flew to a head coaching job fast like a white guy.

Where’s Kris Richard? He’s mixed and light and got buried in the HC search. Too many black features I guess.

I really wanted Kellen Moore to get a HC job cause I think I he’s gonna be a disaster.

WHERE ARE MARVIN LEWIS, JIM CALDWELL AND ERIC B’s INTERVIEWS?!?! Two coaches with winning records and a great coaching tree. One OC with the hottest offense in football for years. This is the problem.

And this Lovie Smith hire makes no ****in sense. He’s been in the building this whole time. You interview a bunch of coaches. This lawsuit comes out and now you want to interview Lovie? So he can inherit a poor team and get fired after a year and you can promote McCown, the guy they really want.

And this Lovie Smith hire makes no ****in sense. He’s been in the building this whole time. You interview a bunch of coaches. This lawsuit comes out and now you want to interview Lovie? So he can inherit a poor team and get fired after a year and you can promote McCown, the guy they really want.

Yup

Really looks like they're setting him up to be another Culley...

They weren't trying to deal with the optics of fast tracking McCown last year so they pushed it back a year and now they're having to delay it again given everything going on right now with the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom