2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea apparently it was 100% down to ATL/NO for Watson the night before until dude threw that tantrum online over their interest :lol:

Cleveland then decided to send Watsons people an offer they couldn't possibly refuse and the rest is history. Now dude is struggling to find suitors after Houston, Atlanta and Indy straight up said 'nah, we're good'.

Reportedly it's to the point we're teams are asking the Browns for an extra pick to take on his contract :rofl:
Indy curved him for a washed up 1 year rental. It was Carolina that outright said NO but yeah Baker is pretty much bridge/backup status. That Browns offense had talent everywhere, if you can't get it done there its not them its you.

Yea kind of hard for teams to justify spending a lot of capital on him when he had one of the best situations in the league the last 2-3 seasons and squandered it more often than not.

Still think he could do well in a few spots but it would take a coach willing to put their credibility on the line for him. Feel like he'd have been made for the Giants if they had given up on Jones instead of hiring someone to improve him.

I would assume browns would have looked at something else..

they had baker as the worst case.. wanted to deshaun.. but i assume they would have looked at what else they could have gotten before giving baker his job back

but i've heard it mentioned baker could get released because of how much he's set to make this upcoming season

elpablo21 elpablo21 100027 100027

giphy.webp

That 'mutual disinterest' tweet dropped a couple minutes after

:lol:

Lolwut?

Raiders also signed Hollister at TE, McDaniels is serious about Pats West :lol:

For all the talent Matt Ryan had on offense, it was the complete opposite on defense. I feel like we had a decent defense maybe one year in like the last 15 years :lol:
Never had a good defense over this last era **** was infuriating

Blank didn’t get what he wanted in watson and that was bringing the excitement back. He’s still gonna want that so I believe he’s gonna push for Malik hard to get people in the seats again

**** this dude forever man and Dan Quinn too for not stepping in and over ruling that ridiculous gameplan in the second half. One reason I’ll never have a problem with Matt and of course Julio is at the end of the day they both made THE play that should’ve won us the got damn game. On the same play Matt scrambled made a huge throw Julio made a huge catch to put us in field goal range late. They did what they where supposed to do at the end of the day to win that game they put us in the position when it mattered most and coaching didn’t bring it home. Got damn that **** still makes me hot man
One thing we not doing is this defense excuse.

In the 2011 Divisional round the Falcons defense was TERRIBLE and gave up 48 points. Ironically to the Packers who won the SB that year.

In the 2012 WC, the Falcons had 2 points. Yes, that is correct… TWO!! The offense scored not a damn thing. Eli Manning intention grounded in his on end zone.

In the 2013 NFC Championship Game, the Falcons failed to score again after having a 17-0 lead in the 2nd quarter.

In the 2018 Divisional WC the Falcons scored 10 points in the first half, and never again. The Falcons defense gave up one TD and held the Eagles for 3 FGs the whole game; 15 total points.

And we ALL know what Falcons offense did in Super Bowl LI. They scored 7 points after the 28-3 lead. The conservative play calling wasn't just offense only.

If anything the Falcons offense plays one half of football, packs it up and heads home at halftime.
It’s not an excuse it’s just the truth we never had a good defense during the Matt era but you’re also right about the offensive stuff despite the talent. But you not pointing out the coaching. Our coaching has never been a great situation ever except 1 year of Kyle Shanahan (**** em). Outside of that we had got damn Sarkesian, Mularkey, Keotter all them dudes where WACK. And this not just excuses for Ryan of course there’s times he could’ve played better he’s had bad games he’s far from perfect and never been elite but the fact is that yes he needed all these things to be right to make it work because he’s not elite and that’s not a slight because that’s true for all but three or four QBs in the league at any given time. If you’re not Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes over the last 20 years what QB got it done with glaring problems in the team Its barley a handful of dudes who can overcome that. If you’re not truly elite you need everything else to be right to get it done. And I don’t see that as a knock or an excuse it just is what it is cause that’s the reality for everyone that’s not that one of THOSE guys

Last edited:
I fought my battles for Matty Ice. He's legit. I still don't believe they choked to that extreme, it just looks worse and worse as time goes on. I remember the Patriots executing perfectly that 2nd half. Completely overmatched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom