2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say you from philly are you really though or is it more on the outside suburbs?

i know how yall wanna be philly ppl are lol

outside the box is right on reddit.

the turn aint happen till these playoffs
I grew up in Montgomery county. Brother was born in Jefferson, folks lived in cheltenham for the first few years of marriage.

we really not about to play that “wannabe Philly” game stop it :lol:

Make it happen Morey GAWD

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 1.19.12 PM.png

Toxic as we don’t let 30 million dollar players get away with dogging it or not playing up to their ability without calling them out on it. We are passionate about our sports I don’t see that as a knock as long as your knowledgeable.

Danny Green’s death threats from Lakers fans say, “hi, we should be in the club too”.

Yeah I think you'll find isolated cases in every city, but I've never been to an LA game in LA to speak on it. Those other cities I have.

I grew up in Montgomery county. Brother was born in Jefferson, folks lived in cheltenham for the first few years of marriage.

its a real thing and you know it

People will be like yea im from “Philly” ask them where at and theyll tell ya somewhere 45mins out of philly. Always happens with people tryna fit in

aint nothing new just funny honestly.

Toxic as we don’t let 30 million dollar players get away with dogging it or not playing up to their ability without calling them out on it. We are passionate about our sports I don’t see that as a knock as long as your knowledgeable.

"get away with it" :lol:

The northeast being a difficult place to play for a struggling player/team because of the fans/media isn't really a novel concept. It's been like that for a minute. Yes they're passionate but they tend to go overboard. It's not just Philly. No need to get defensive.

its a real thing and you know it

People will be like yea im from “Philly” ask them where at and theyll tell ya somewhere 45mins out of philly. Always happens with people tryna fit in

aint nothing new just funny honestly.
Oh you def right. If I’m talking with people locally, I just say North Wales. When I went to school at Penn state, I always said Philly, outside Philly, or Philly area. Ain’t no one knowing where North Wales is :lol: minus whale say where Kobe grew up

Is that a conservative area?

Philly, Boston, New York, New Jersey fans are more toxic than other fan bases. The northeast is general takes sports too seriously.

see I disagree.. when I think of toxic fan bases I don’t necessarily think of those places

yes those fan bases referenced care and are passionate

but I think of 2 very specific places when I think of toxic, utah and Alabama

Utah for obvious reasons.. but look at Alabama, watch nick saban have a couple down seasons and how quick the greatness he has given them goes out the window.. and by down seasons, that’s not winning national championships

texas football boosters are also up there, cause they want to hold onto that song and they care more about certain shh over actually winning (jerry Jones is in this too, where he cares more about winning as long as he get the credit)

USA basketball is another toxic group of fans to me, most people who are quick to talk when shhh goes wrong ain’t getting invested when they’re actually playing even in the olympics

Yeah I think you'll find isolated cases in every city, but I've never been to an LA game in LA to speak on it. Those other cities I have.
i've been to a couple lakeshow games and in all my years never heard anything nasty or disrespectful from the fans.

most fans in the 100 row don't even stand up like that :lol:

lotta noise from the higher sections

i've been to a couple lakeshow games and in all my years never heard anything nasty or disrespectful from the fans.

most fans in the 100 row don't even stand up like that :lol:

lotta noise from the higher sections

Laker games at Staples are treated like movies

see I disagree.. when I think of toxic fan bases I don’t necessarily think of those places

yes those fan bases referenced care and are passionate

but I think of 2 very specific places when I think of toxic, utah and Alabama

Utah for obvious reasons.. but look at Alabama, watch nick saban have a couple down seasons and how quick the greatness he has given them goes out the window

texas football boosters are also up there, cause they want to hold onto that song and they care more about certain shh over actually winning (jerry Jones is in this too, where he cares more about winning as long as he get the credit)

USA basketball is another toxic group of fans to me, most people who are quick to talk when shhh goes wrong ain’t getting invested when they’re actually playing even in the olympics

Honestly I don't pay attention to college sports much, so I'm out of my depth there.

I'm really just talking about fan hostility and taking things too far from what I've seen and what's been corroborated. Yeah I guess you can add Utah, but they only have one team and it's a tiny market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom