2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know what was going through Schroeder’s head when he turned down that money

Honestly, it made sense at the time. The Lakers gave up assets last summer to acquire him and the Lakers were over the cap so they would have no way of replacing him. Teams typically overpay guys like this (This is The exact situation the clippers were in with Morris and why he got so much money last summer).

At the time when the contract was offered, he was playing pretty well and keep that on himself thinking he might have a big impact during a long playoff run.

He viewed himself as irreplaceable the Lakers and he thought he would have leverage and negotiations. There's no way he could have foreseen him playing so terrible in the playoffs and the Lakers getting Russell Westbrook.

Shroeder def thought he was going to play well, Lakers were going to win the title and he’d get paid. I don’t think he’s good enough to make that bet, but I respect it.

Honestly, I think that Dennis thought he had leverage over the Lakers because they would have no way of replacing him. I'm sure he thought that the 4/$84m contract He was offered would be there in the summer, so why hurry and sign it in the middle of the season? Offers typically go up, not down.

Honestly, it made sense at the time. The Lakers gave up assets last summer to acquire him and the Lakers were over the cap so they would have no way of replacing him. Teams typically overpay guys like this (This is The exact situation the clippers were in with Morris and why he got so much money last summer).

At the time when the contract was offered, he was playing pretty well and keep that on himself thinking he might have a big impact during a long playoff run.

He viewed himself as irreplaceable the Lakers and he thought he would have leverage and negotiations. There's no way he could have foreseen him playing so terrible in the playoffs and the Lakers getting Russell Westbrook.

Yeah that doesn’t make sense. Even with banking on winning a title, he’s still who he’s always going to be. Not sure what leverage he thought he had playing in LA as a third option

Marcus Morris really wasn’t an overpay though. He got the market value for a shooter.

Honestly, I think that Dennis thought he had leverage over the Lakers because they would have no way of replacing him. I'm sure he thought that the 4/$84m contract He was offered would be there in the summer, so why hurry and sign it in the middle of the season? Offers typically go up, not down.
He’s a massively flawed player though. He really isn’t even good enough to be a third option on a title team. His agent gave him some bad advice, especially with how urgent it is for the Lakers with an old Bron. He should’ve taken that money and ran.

He’s a massively flawed player though. He really isn’t even good enough to be a third option on a title team. His agent gave him some bad advice, especially with how urgent it is for the Lakers with an old Bron. He should’ve taken that money and ran.

I definitely agree that he is a deeply flawed player. His ideal role is as a sixth man on a good team. He's not good enough or consistent enough to be the starting point guard on the championship contender.

Going back to training camp, he told everyone he wanted to be the starting point guard which ruffled feathers in the Lakers organization. From the reporting I read, Dennis wasn't very well-liked and his personality didn't jive with most of the Laker players and front office personnel.

Clippers management, what it do baby?!

loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom