2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat Culture believes there is more significance getting input from Udonis the player than Udonis the coach. I get it.

Is it though? I've never played in the NBA so I can't speak on it but how was a player who literally never contributes on the court a better voice than a coach? I'm sure he is a vocal leader at practice and is a good OG for the younger players.

As Miami was getting blown out by the Bucks last year, UD was yelling at his teammates. I was thinking "You still have a uniform on, you can go out there and try to defend Giannis too"

yrc3k9vknrg71.jpg

Is it though? I've never played in the NBA so I can't speak on it but how was a player who literally never contributes on the court a better voice than a coach? I'm sure he is a vocal leader at practice and is a good OG for the younger players.

As Miami was getting blown out by the Bucks last year, UD was yelling at his teammates. I was thinking "You still have a uniform on, you can go out there and try to defend Giannis too"
I think by default players (particularly the younger ones) will go to the player over the coach 10 times outta 10. Especially a respected vet.

a player is your peer. You’ll always listen to him before a coach. He runs sprints too. UD is in tip top shape. He adds more value to the team IMO then a 23 year old you’re not going to play. He been in the trenches

This is starting to get crazy. UD is a heat lifer but at some point they need to occupy that roster spot with an actual NBA player who can contribute, right?

His highlights from the last few seasons have been yelling at his teammates as they're getting blown out:

What does the 15th man on the roster contribute? Kostas Antetokounmpo gave the Lakers 8 more total points than Udonis Haslem gave the Heat last year.

He gave 20 back to OKC and the contract with the Knicks is 2 for 18.

Don't know if the Knicks money is all guaranteed though.

But getting that type of bag after being bought out is truly a W.

Most cats take the minimum and he double dipped

2 for $16M. I wouldn't say he "won." But it's not a bad outcome considering his injury history and the fact that he gets to play for his home town team.

It's always comical to me whenever Udonis is barking on the bench and everyone's like "Look at the leadership :emoji_heart_eyes:"
How the **** is this man leading from the end of the bench?
He has 0 impact on the game but wants to be upset at the result? Foh.
If you're that upset take off the warmups and go out there and do it yourself or shut up.

It's always comical to me whenever Udonis is barking on the bench and everyone's like "Look at the leadership :emoji_heart_eyes:"
How the **** is this man leading from the end of the bench?
He has 0 impact on the game but wants to be upset at the result? Foh.
If you're that upset take off the warmups and go out there and do it yourself or shut up.

Cause the players hes yelling at respect him. He's has 3 titles.

You talking in this thread is an example of 0 impact. Not Udonis.

IT to Lakers confirmed

This doesn't mean a dang thing. I remember when Carmelo Anthony was out of the league and giving interviews on ESPN literally begging teams to give an opportunity and LeBron didn't have any of his teams give melo a spot.

LeBron will do all the rah rah, pom pom waving on social media but I don't think IT will get a roster spot on the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom