2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
JR Smith going back to college to play golf is amazing

I guess this makes sense since he never went pro in golf but would the fact he has had an agent before make him ineligible despite it being a pro sport? Also, is it a foregone conclusion he’ll make the team? Won’t he have to walk on? Its a really cool story but I definitely have some questions :lol:

Have more of an issue with UD taking the spot than the HEAT giving it too him since I’m sure he knows he’s washed. But I don’t feel that strongly about it.

If he really feels like him being on the active roster is helping the organization, would be hard to turn down $2.5 million for mainly providing moral support. Maybe he just wants to say he had a 20 year NBA career and will call it quits then.
You have to respect it because he is not like D Wade and pulling rank on the strenuous conditioning test. How hard is it to pass the conditioning test when you know you’re not playing., year in and year out? He even said on a podcast, I hate sitting in the bench, I want to play.
When superstar D. Wade pulled rank and didn’t even attempt it.

Knicks could of saved Dennis Schoeder from being desolute like Baron Corbin.

nba x wwe reference post*

You’re denying how much has gone wrong?

-Kyrie signing, disaster
-Hayward signing, disaster
-Kemba signing, disaster
-No first round draft picks post Jays have really panned out. (Time lord tbd)
-Ainge “best GM in the league” gone
-Stevens “best coach in the league” “promoted”

Looks like a curse to me.

Also let’s stop praising making the ECF so highly.

Curse, lol. Do you believe in the undead and extra-terrestrials?

The ECF means you're a top 4 team. Not terrible. No it's not a championship which is the goal, but if making the ECF with one of the youngest squads in the league a handful of times within a 5 year span is a sign of a curse, the witches are doing a whack job and letting the Celtics off the hook.

-Kyrie wasn't a "signing."
-Kemba wasn't a "disaster." All-star his first year, made ECF and then COVID/Bubble. He's just too small and gets abused on defense.
-Hayward, sure. Freak injury.
-Their first round picks post J's: 14, 26, 30, 14, 22, 27. Yeah how'd they not net a superstar out of that? :lol:
Romeo, Rob and Nesmith will probably all be worth their draft slot. Probably Pritchard too. Unfortunately when a team is doing well, they typically don't get a lottery pick.
-Ainge and Stevens were a good GM and good coach. Never the best. Only ones putting them on some phantom pedestal were the NT extremists. Ainge made some good moves and picks over the years and bricked or pump faked on some others. Brad was a good X's and O's guy but don't think he's really a player coach.

Last edited:
You’re denying how much has gone wrong?

-Kyrie signing, disaster
-Hayward signing, disaster
-Kemba signing, disaster
-No first round draft picks post Jays have really panned out. (Time lord tbd)
-Ainge “best GM in the league” gone
-Stevens “best coach in the league” “promoted”

Looks like a curse to me.

Also let’s stop praising making the ECF so highly.

I mean… if Gordon didn’t break his ankle 5 mins into the season maybe **** would’ve worked out but it didn’t… welp.

Ainge made so many questionable moves but TRADING for Kyrie? Had to be done. ALL GMs would’ve pulled the trigger on that one. People just didn’t have a clearer picture of what Kyrie’s intentions were in getting out of Cleveland (big picture-wise), and then all hell broke loose when he got to Boston.

Oh well, water under the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom