2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with his past 4-5 albums....It's fast food music. McDonalds to be specific. It's going to serve a billion and have top tier marketing, but it's **** food.

Drake has about 5-6 templates he recycles when making music. From the production to the content. 12 years later...It's just exhausting. It's a very cookie cutter approach and he just sounds extremely uninspired these days. He comes off as someone who really doesn't enjoy creating music at this stage...which would be totally understandable.
Fair enough I respect this. I feel like this is all artists at this point. They make the stuff their fans want.

The food analogy is a good one for me I would say it's like my favourite food. I'm gonna always want it. I wouldn't be happy if Drake did non Drake things and it fell flat.

Fair enough I respect this. I feel like this is all artists at this point. They make the stuff their fans want.

Is it really “all artists” or maybe just the ones that happen to be on your radar screen?

Is it really “all artists” or maybe just the ones that happen to be on your radar screen?
The latter. I should be the last person to make that observation cause I live in a very small music bubble, but it's very true.

Like if EST Gee makes different music I'm gonna be annoyed.

Isn't that what a lover boy does? Bust in these females and make whole babies? It's just an album cover.

*kanye shrug*

He's 34. It's corny, lazy, and uninspired.
Like even if he wanted to go for a simplistic approach, the execution could have been way better.
The fan art floating around is 100 times better.
ac85871f8pk71.png

He's never captured the essence of NWTS which honestly is the only project that COULD be considered a classic by him. That was 8 years ago, like D StaXX D StaXX said he doesn't and hasn't seemed hungry for a while. He's got a formula that's going to get the numbers, hype machine through the roof and just seems uninspired to take any risks. Is what it is, but disappointing being a former stan.

Side note, saw Candyman last night; really solid sequel to the OG.

The 1st half of N 2 Deep is kinda tik tok inspired considering they slow down classic records/beat switch for challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom