2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarrett Allen is about to get $100 Ms and Caris Levert will be a 20/5/5 guy. It wasn’t all that bad. Just took a lot of back flips

Big contracts don't mean someone is actually good though. I like Levert a lot too.

Realistically you'll never get equal value for a generational superstar, but they should've done way better. Point is all you have to say is I want to go play for x,y, z only.

E8307636-7EFA-4721-858A-CE76EC8B5720.gif

Welp. Mavs pray that you can split your 34 mill between Tim and Fournier and that dragic is bought out

Try to trade Powell or even maxi for more creating/scoring

I wouldn’t be mad at that off season

Yes but still worrisome that this is where the decision making is at with the new GM. Dunno if it’s Cubans call or who but it’s a bad look
Maybe, maybe not. I at least kinda get what they're thinking with targeting Lowry...

Fits the need, but not the window. It's a massive improvement we've at least identified that's not happening early and aren't gonna sit around asking for meetings and drawing things out.
Welp. Mavs pray that you can split your 34 mill between Tim and Fournier and that dragic is bought out

Try to trade Powell or even maxi for more creating/scoring

I wouldn’t be mad at that off season
I've long thought this was going to be a "run it back" offseason at some level. Keep THJ. Add one more (maybe 2) solid role guy. Try and throttle up KP's value next year with a healthy offseason, non-compacted schedule, etc.

Then next offseason he's easier to move. Can't be less attractive as a rehab candidate than he is now. And they have lots of light contracts if something presents as a salary dump. Plus they can trade next year's draft pick at draft time so they'll have a little more collateral to move, too.

This is the Mavs last season to add cap space talent for awhile right? Can't be much, if any cap with Luka and Porzingis hogging the books. Especially if they bring back Hardaway Jr on market value.

jarrett Allen is about to get $100 Ms and Caris Levert will be a 20/5/5 guy. It wasn’t all that bad. Just took a lot of back flips

I mean for someone who's been referred to as one of the greatest scorers of all time, A non AS caliber Center & a role player who's only played more than 60 games once is a pretty horrendous deal

Big contracts don't mean someone is actually good though. I like Levert a lot too.

Realistically you'll never get equal value for a generational superstar, but they should've done way better. Point is all you have to say is I want to go play for x,y, z only.

so Dame needs to.....

Philly is on CRACK

This is the Mavs last season to add cap space talent for awhile right? Can't be much, if any cap with Luka and Porzingis hogging the books. Especially if they bring back Hardaway Jr on market value.
For now, yeah.

But it's an offseason that isn't getting them a star unless they trip into paying Kawhi to rehab, which isn't happening.

Just need to be smart with the money they have and get a second/third tier guy or two on good deals... I'd prefer they skew younger.

Just wanna go on record saying I have faith in OKC to make a splash and contend for a playoff berth. Presti has some tricks up his sleeve

sixers gonna end up keeping ben and trading tobias
Exactly what I said months ago. They can’t find a taker for their price, move Ben to the post and get a true PG.

tobias thrives with his back to the basket.And Ben can’t score outside of 1.5 feet from the hoop. Can’t have your three best players crowding the rim like that.

Exactly what I said months ago. They can’t find a taker for their price, move Ben to the post and get a true PG.

tobias thrives with his back to the basket.And Ben can’t score outside of 1.5 feet from the hoop. Can’t have your three best players crowding the rim like that.
what if i told you dennis schroeder was available? 🤔

I mean for someone who's been referred to as one of the greatest scorers of all time, A non AS caliber Center & a role player who's only played more than 60 games once is a pretty horrendous deal

and the #2 pick and what’s supposed to be a great draft.

EYE see what you’re doing though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom