2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it wasn't put away forever. Because then it became about "that's absurd Riley paid James Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Dion Waiters, etc all of that money" similar to what is occurring right now with Kyle Lowry.

One thing we've all learned at this point is that no contract is untradeable. So giving Lowry & Butler these bags don't really phase me because Riley always finds a way to move off of a contract.

Are they favorites to come out of the Eastern Conference? Nope.
But as these last few seasons have shown us, everything doesn't always play itself out how it's supposed to.
Right, the sentiment had shifted to them being on a treadmill & Riley was criticized for throwing money at a treadmill… which is exactly what they were until LeBron left the conference, Kawhi left the conference, Durant couldn’t play, and Bud was limiting to Giannis to 36 mpg & running HB dives 30 feet out with Bledsoe spotting up.

The conference has significantly shifted. Good luck. Again, they have a chance just like Phoenix did & that’s all you can really ask for since Riley isn’t doing a rebuild at this point in his life.

Jimmy Butler, some White boys and Kendrick Nunn.

9FE4AAC7-0AC3-4237-995F-D449C309DE7D.jpeg

I gotta say, I gotta give ole Stringer some credit for CARRYING that team to an almost 7 game series against a fully healthy Bron/AD team. And he averaged a near triple triple double. Wowwwwww

Bubble*
Without bam and Dragic healthy

That's shaping up to be like 19 three point attempts a game for that Chicago team....good luck.

It didn’t dawn on me until P posted that they didn’t have Jeff or Blake’s full bird rights, and both of them dudes played too well.

Tough break for Brooklyn.

Luckily for them Milwaukee lost PJ, Lakers lost both Caruso & KCP.

There were very low expectations for Uncle Jeff coming into the season for the Nets.

Remember, he signed pre-Harden trade (with a healthy Dim, Caris, and Fro all still there) and he wasn't looked at as more than an extra body up front.

Jeff benefitted big time from the spacing that Durant/Kyrie provided and then really took off when Harden arrived. He wasn't expected to be some sharpshooter when he was signed. He eventually started wettin as the season went on.

So I think JJ will eventually be able to contribute in a similar way.

Jimmy Butler, some White boys and Kendrick Nunn.

9FE4AAC7-0AC3-4237-995F-D449C309DE7D.jpeg

I gotta say, I gotta give ole Stringer some credit for CARRYING that team to an almost 7 game series against a fully healthy Bron/AD team. And he averaged a near triple triple double. Wowwwwww

Bubble*

Dragon, Bam, and Herro were huge just to get to the finals. I remember when Dragic was the one scoring because Jimmy was going through his usual offensive droughts.

Brooklyn Resigned Blake , Bruce Brown and got Jevon , Cam Thomas and Dayron

Lost spencer and Jeff Green

GSW got two lottery picks Otto Porter and Bjelica’s on minimums.

Lakers got Dwight, Ellington,Bazemore, Ariza and lost caruso.

Lakers really getting so much older even compared to the other old teams.

Yall realize the teams that go deep in the playoffs are always some of the oldest in the league right? Kinda how you knew the bucks would beat the suns ( youngwolf youngwolf ). Lakers might be pushing it to the limit but still

I'm confused at the backlash Drummond is getting, he got signed for a minimum last year & people were saying how much he brings down teams, & that was for a contender.....

So why would anyone expect him to get a decent deal & demand big minutes somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom