2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portland should trade Dame before he inevitably asks for the trade in public.

They really didn’t get much better they’d be lucky to make the playoffs now tbh.

Not in order
Lakers
Jazz
Suns
Dubs
Nuggets
Mavs

Then the playin teams
If Billups is a competent coach, a healthy Dame x CJ combo has shown enough at this point that they solidly in the mix for at least the 7th seed every year no matter theirs or anybody elses roster turnover

If Billups is a competent coach, a healthy Dame x CJ combo has shown enough at this point that they solidly in the mix for at least the 7th seed every year no matter theirs or anybody elses roster turnover
is making the playoffs good enough for Dame to stay? Even if they make it i dont see them making noise

You ever notice the player never works hard enough to earn the contract that was supposedly on the table… It’s one thing when you get a season ending or career defining injury.. but arguing over a contract based on your potential and you fail to deliver

Nerlens Noel potential has always been Tyson Chandler.. Tyson Chandler didn’t become Tyson Chandler until they were in the league for 10years

This is Kevin's last big contract (maybe his last contract period), I wouldn't accept a buyout unless I'm getting 100% of the money remaining on the deal.

I don't think Kevin love is in a Blake Griffin or Batum situation where he is just sandbagging and playing poorly because he's playing on a bad team. Seems like Kevin is mentally and physically checked out. Based on the podcasts he's done, he seems at peace with basketball. I don't think he's in the fiery competitor stage of his career anymore.

He seems perfectly content with collecting big checks on the bench of a terrible team.

if this were the case he wouldn’t have been openly protesting during games and acting like a ***** to his teammates. He literally refused to shoot in one game this year and followed it up with his best of the season to prove a point.

Maybe "perfectly content" isn't the right way of putting it but he certainly not willing to give money back to the organization in order to accept the minimum to play in a better situation.

if this were the case he wouldn’t have been openly protesting during games and acting like a ***** to his teammates. He literally refused to shoot in one game this year and followed it up with his best of the season to prove a point.

There are millions of Americans struggling to put food on the table yet this dude is collecting a fat check by having a piss poor attitude and not even trying during games, then claims he has mental health issues. ****ing useless bum. **** Kevin love

spiderjericho spiderjericho yes, Doc will pass Larry before he retires. However, I don’t have confidence that they will get to the ECF and win at least two games next

then claims he has mental health issues. ****ing useless bum. **** Kevin love

It’s honestly a problem though you difficult to call. On one hand we could call him a spoiled, whiny vet but on the other hand he openly admitted he has battled anxiety and depression which is often characterized by mood swings which could lead to him not shooting one night then having a career night the next.

Beyond that, I don’t know how anyone could discount the fact that he actually has mental health issues if he has admitted so publicly and presumably been clinically diagnosed. Such dismissal is why people keep to themselves about it in the first places. Anyway, I would imagine it’s been a factor in his play/behavior in recent years and these negotiations.

There are millions of Americans struggling to put food on the table yet this dude is collecting a fat check by having a piss poor attitude and not even trying during games, then claims he has mental health issues. ****ing useless bum. **** Kevin love
Rich people can have mental health issues too lol

It's kind of wild how long Kevin Love has been known nationally. I remember reading about him when I was a sophomore in HS, when he was a freshman. I knew him before I knew about someone like Kevin Durant.

It's kind of wild how long Kevin Love has been known nationally. I remember reading about him when I was a sophomore in HS, when he was a freshman. I knew him before I knew about someone like Kevin Durant.

I SWEAR I was just coming thru the college basketball thread so I can find his brother's screen name and @ him. I found some incredible takes :lol:

Random observation...

Cole Aldrich makes a great outlet....no mention of it

Let that be Kevin Love tho...

That's what bothers me, people act as if he has invented something new or brought it back from the dead

Kevin love is gay!! Why does he think he is god's gift. He thinks he is good and honestly he is not.

Does Kevin Love remind anyone else of Nick Collison? Incredible college player, but I just feel like he won't translate over real well to the NBA...Productive, sure. Star, no.

Who's the guy that keeps blowing Kevin Love? A regular rebound and this guy talk as if he just made a game winning shot.

Kevin love is not that good. He just gets points under the basket when the other 3 horrid ucla players miss there shot. Brook Lopez> Kevin Love

Something I didn't comment on last night...

I don't like UCLA, I don't really like him and how he comes off at times, he's overhyped....but Kevin Love is one hell of a basketball player...

anyone who hates on him, is just hating.

He is the most fundamentally sound player in the country. He's more skilled then I ever would've thought prior to the season.

If he was an inch or two taller and more athletic, he'd be absolutely unreal.

As far as what he brings to the court, there's really nothing to say bad about him.

:lol:

spiderjericho spiderjericho yes, Doc will pass Larry before he retires. However, I don’t have confidence that they will get to the ECF and win at least two games next

It’s honestly a problem though you difficult to call. On one hand we could call him a spoiled, whiny vet but on the other hand he openly admitted he has battled anxiety and depression which is often characterized by mood swings which could lead to him not shooting one night then having a career night the next.

Beyond that, I don’t know how anyone could discount the fact that he actually has mental health issues if he has admitted so publicly and presumably been clinically diagnosed. Such dismissal is why people keep to themselves about it in the first places. Anyway, I would imagine it’s been a factor in his play/behavior in recent years and these negotiations.
Yeah I def. think both things can be true. I don't want to dismiss anyone and their challenges with mental health because it just resets the clock on any dialogue on it. You can also still be an entitled and privileged cat and react based on those attributes
9zy7x0_th (2).png

It was bballah or something like that. Not sure it ever migrated over.

Think it was bballah3. And I can’t remember him being on NT since Blake Griffin’s 3rd year when we were having Love v. Griffin debates. Yes, he said his bro was better than Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom