2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

40D38D8D-AAAD-489A-BD68-D17AC6C6F329.jpeg

picked up a reissue of one of my favorite Sean Cliver graphics as a kid
D6B7332D-7199-4B78-8513-1494A83B5BC8.jpeg

very interesting article

“ “A lot of people think it’s because of bots,” he added, claiming that Nike does a good job defending against sneaker bots that seek to cheat online launches.

Faris said during the meeting that Nike plans to recalibrate demand by “redefining scarcity.” In illustrating this he gave the example of the Off-White x Nike Dunk Lowrelease from this summer, a collection of 50 colorways that were released only on SNKRS via its exclusive access program. Through exclusive access, Nike sends users a push notification giving them the opportunity to buy a specific shoe, rather than asking them to enter a draw for the chance to buy. Faris said Nike released 500,000 pairs of the shoes via exclusive access.

Off White x Nike Dunk Low 2-49

Nike released the Off-White Dunks via exclusive access on SNKRS. Image via Flight Club
Faris’ comments about the success of the Off-White release echo those made by Nike CEO John Donahoe in September during the company’s most recent earnings call, where he said the shoes were sold to the “most deserving” shoppers. The idea of these drops—described by Donahoe as “exclusivity at scale”—is to maintain an aura of rarity around a product while still fulfilling a meaningful amount of demand”

very interesting article

“ “A lot of people think it’s because of bots,” he added, claiming that Nike does a good job defending against sneaker bots that seek to cheat online launches.

Faris said during the meeting that Nike plans to recalibrate demand by “redefining scarcity.” In illustrating this he gave the example of the Off-White x Nike Dunk Lowrelease from this summer, a collection of 50 colorways that were released only on SNKRS via its exclusive access program. Through exclusive access, Nike sends users a push notification giving them the opportunity to buy a specific shoe, rather than asking them to enter a draw for the chance to buy. Faris said Nike released 500,000 pairs of the shoes via exclusive access.

Nike released the Off-White Dunks via exclusive access on SNKRS. Image via Flight Club
Faris’ comments about the success of the Off-White release echo those made by Nike CEO John Donahoe in September during the company’s most recent earnings call, where he said the shoes were sold to the “most deserving” shoppers. The idea of these drops—described by Donahoe as “exclusivity at scale”—is to maintain an aura of rarity around a product while still fulfilling a meaningful amount of demand”

Thanks for posting.

One of the most interesting things to me is that they seem to be making a distinction between "bot" and "users with large numbers of accounts," it seems as though they haven't acknowledged the latter as also contributing to their problems.

very interesting article

It’s true. I bought some pairs of New Balance for the first time as an adult (I’m pretty sure I wore some growing up as a kid) in 2020 in part because Nike and Jordan shoes were hard to get at retail, even with entering 20+ raffles.

Last edited:
It’s true. I bought some pairs of New Balance for the first time as an adult (I’m pretty sure I wore some growing up as a kid) in 2020 in part because Nike and Jordan’s shoes were hard to get at retail, even with entering 20+ raffles.
I’m with you. I’ll won’t say that I’ve converted completely, but most of my purchases in the last 8-10 months have been “Not Nike”

very interesting article

:lol: at “CEO John Donahoe in September during the company’s most recent earnings call, where he said the shoes were sold to the “most deserving” shoppers.” because he already came out and said it went to all of went to those who missed out on a previous off white drop.

But we clearly seen that go to mainly new users :lol:

It’s true. I bought some pairs of New Balance for the first time as an adult (I’m pretty sure I wore some growing up as a kid) in 2020 in part because Nike and Jordan shoes were hard to get at retail, even with entering 20+ raffles.
I’m with you. I’ll won’t say that I’ve converted completely, but most of my purchases in the last 8-10 months have been “Not Nike”
Before last 2 years I hadn't bought any shoes not Nike/Jordan since I was 14. So a 16 year run of just them. Have expanded last 2 years because it's too hard to get anything.

Actually got some NB574s two weeks ago lol. Hadn't had any NB since 7th grade.

Before last 2 years I hadn't bought any shoes not Nike/Jordan since I was 14. So a 16 year run of just them. Have expanded last 2 years because it's too hard to get anything.

Actually got some NB574s two weeks ago lol. Hadn't had any NB since 7th grade.
Im in the same boat. Probably a solid few years of just Nike. Now my collection is getting more diverse, and my daily rotation has only a few pairs of Nikes.

Back
Top Bottom