2023 Official MLB Season Thread

The Yankees are the origin and reason we feel so less than about these names now..if Yankees werent so egregious in their crimes, we wouldnt care

For my brothers in the south I find the name Yankee offensive..who's down to start a petition to change the name

giphy (1).gif

About the name change, I saw someone on Twitter mention how a bunch of current MLB names would be clowned/crushed if announced in 2021. “GUARDIANS” sound good.

Oakland "Athletics" LOL
I actually love the Athletics name. I’m a Dodgers fan and can honestly imagine the slander LA, or any city, would be getting by introducing “Dodgers” in 2021. There would be a **** ton of Vince Vaughn, Joe’s Gym, & Ben Stiller memes being posted to clown too…

elpablo21 elpablo21 speaking of team nicknames, can you believe the Mariners aren’t referred to as “Seamen” more often???

I like the Guardians especially since it ties into that bridge. Philly has gotten shafted with our team names, aside from the Eagles. What even are Phillies, Flyers, or 76ers? :lol:

I like the Guardians especially since it ties into that bridge. Philly has gotten shafted with our team names, aside from the Eagles. What even are Phillies, Flyers, or 76ers? :lol:

I really hope you’re joking. Phillies and Flyers I’ll give you but 76ers is one of the best names - and makes the most sense.

You remember that something important was signed in Philadelphia in 1776 right?

I really hope you’re joking. Phillies and Flyers I’ll give you but 76ers is one of the best names - and makes the most sense.

You remember that something important was signed in Philadelphia in 1776 right?
Yeah, but I'm talking sports 'mascot'... A 'thing' to root for. What is a 76er? A person who lived in 1776? One of the dudes who signed the Declaration? All of them? Just give me the Philadelphia Liberty Bells or something tangible :lol:.

Name sucks but we’ll get used to it. Now we just need the braves to change
Braves can honestly just change the name from the Atlanta Braves to the Atlanta Brave* and just drop all Native American iconography and the problem will be solved. I already know it’s gonna be some people up in arms about it but they will get over it, if not oh well

Back
Top Bottom