2023 Official MLB Season Thread

giphy (3).gif

Damn man.
Pads wasted no time giving up on Hosmer.
Guess they’ve had one too many disappointing performances from their additions.
Can’t blame them.
Now or never.
Probably just move Cronenworth to 1B?

Damn man.
Pads wasted no time giving up on Hosmer.
Guess they’ve had one too many disappointing performances from their additions.
Can’t blame them.
Now or never.
Probably just move Cronenworth to 1B?

Hosmer will still be on the team for a year or 2. Nobody is taking his bad contract and he’s getting older.

The trade for Adam Frazier was a move to a add another bat and bench depth and Frazier is a utility type player who can play IF & OF.

Also best believe AJ Preller isn’t done making trades before the deadline.Padres ownership has the $$$ and have ok’ed to spend and pay the luxury tax.

Hosmer will still be on the team for a year or 2. Nobody is taking his bad contract and he’s getting older.

The trade for Adam Frazier was a move to a add another bat and bench depth and Frazier is a utility type player who can play IF & OF.

Also best believe AJ Preller isn’t done making trades before the deadline.Padres ownership has the $$$ and have ok’ed to spend and pay the luxury tax.
Wouldn’t have thought my sentiments heading into TD week was that Pads could use another SP, but I feel that way. In April I thought they had the best SP line. I don’t know what’s up with Paddack. Musgrove had an early Season NoNo but he seemed to struggle getting deep in games(his last 3-4 outings he’s looked fire though), Lamet with the arm soreness ****(heard they’re thinking of moving him to closer?) and then there’s Snell, I thought he was getting shafted by TB with their system of pulling SP early but it seems he has trouble going deep as well…..any power Arms they are looking to add?

Wouldn’t have thought my sentiments heading into TD week was that Pads could use another SP, but I feel that way. In April I thought they had the best SP line. I don’t know what’s up with Paddack. Musgrove had an early Season NoNo but he seemed to struggle getting deep in games(his last 3-4 outings he’s looked fire though), Lamet with the arm soreness ****(heard they’re thinking of moving him to closer?) and then there’s Snell, I thought he was getting shafted by TB with their system of pulling SP early but it seems he has trouble going deep as well…..any power Arms they are looking to add?

Yeah the season hasn’t played out how a lot people including myself thought it would. But every contender this season including the Dodgers & Giants have had injuries and are looking for trades for arms badly right now.

Also Padres will be even deeper next year when Clevinger is back. But I’m concerned about him coming off his second Tommy John surgery.

There are now reports they offered him $80M or higher. It’s just not enough no matter the years, and now we’re at the point where it’s definitive he’s ****ing good when healthy, so we’d hate for him to go to another team and have ‘that’ healthy stretch.

Back
Top Bottom