2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Went to Santa Monica and went to get dinner a bit farther up from the pier, it was a nice area but there were a TON of homeless people on the beach, tents propped up etc right next to al these restaurants. :lol:
Santa Monica is different from Downtown, but both are popular areas among the unhoused (that’s what they’re calling them to n the news around here now). But both SM and Downtown also still have lots of cool things going on so are still big tourist destinations.

For the most part, if you stay away from the big concentrations of homeless like on Skid Row and the big tent villages and are mindful of who’s around you wherever you go in LA, you can avoid unpleasant interactions with them.

One of the most eye opening experiences I've ever had was in Santa Monica. There were two panhandlers right in the middle of the promenade. One sat on the ground looking very homeless and miserable. A sign in front of her pleading for any show of kindness and sympathy in the form of a donation.

Just a few feet away, the other panhandler had a tin can with a sign posted on it saying 'start the show'. He sat in front of his can wearing a lime green body suit and dark shades while his boom box played some jams. About $15-20 dollars worth of donations and a few minutes later, he stands up and starts doing the robot for the duration of one song. I stood there and watched everyone eat this up while completely ignoring this poor woman. A few minutes go by and the show is over. The panhandler collects maybe another $10-15 and returns to his seat to start the process all over again. There's a life lesson in there somewhere

antidope antidope that first kobe mural that was posted is walking distance to Angel City Brewery. Win/win. I think I posted the picture in here a year ago on my way to the brewwery.

antidope antidope that first kobe mural that was posted is walking distance to Angel City Brewery. Win/win. I think I posted the picture in here a year ago on my way to the brewwery.
+ akajae akajae I'm staying at the
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
``````````````````````````

5711 W Century Blvd
Los Angeles, California, 90045
US

Am I close to any of these?

5711 W Century Blvd
US

With a hotel in that area, you're not walking distance to those murals, You'd have to Uber (or something) to Downtown, which would be about a 15 minute ride from where you're staying, depending on traffic.

I would guess there's some Kobe murals closer to where you'll be though, like in Inglewood.

5711 W Century Blvd
US

boxden-ski-mask.gif

The most touristy thing yoo can do in another city is just get the airport area hotel. Its easy but rarely is the airport in the best part of town so you just out yourself at an inconvenience for entertainment or whatever youre goong to be doing just for the free hotel shuttle commute. Definitely dont do that **** when yall come to OKC. Theres some new hotels there but that is still old fashioned streetwalker (and pimps) and drug dealer and homeless central

Yeah I don't think you want that LAPD *** whoopin.

I was in LA for almost a month last year and obviously drove a **** ton all around everywhere and I saw maybe 3 cop cars in total the whole time I was there. I just had 3 NYPD Explorers pass by my and im just in my whip getting food from the El Presidente.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom