2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at this today. Connor McDavid is one of the best players ever with an AAV of $12.5M.

Saw someone has a 14 year contract. :lol:
Never heard of dude cuz I don’t really follow hockey…

But I watched first round kings va oilers and this dude was so fast. Like soon as he got the puck he was flying by dudes. Never seen anything like that lol looked him up after that and I see he was a high draft pick and considered one of the best in the game.

Seeing this clip, maybe the Dubs should kick the tires on Cousins, they have nothing to lose
would love to see Boogie back with the dubs. it’s not saying much but he was the nuggets 2nd or 3rd best player in that first round. he’s a liability on switches and always good for a tech, but he’s still a skilled passer and can grab boards. dubs need depth at the 5 and someone to show wiseman how to use his size on the glass

No disrespect, but I feel like he posts basketball, specifically jump shooting, versions of those “Jackass” videos from back in the day.

Realistically, what am I supposed to take away from you side stepping a squid in the deep sea while wearing a scuba mask to shoot a 30 foot jump shot underwater? How does that equate to skill on the hardwood in an arena?

The fact that this scenario is plausible based on the nonsensical videos that dude posts has me. :smh::lol:

I wanna revisit this question.

I didn't see an answer
lebron-james.gif

would love to see Boogie back with the dubs. it’s not saying much but he was the nuggets 2nd or 3rd best player in that first round. he’s a liability on switches and always good for a tech, but he’s still a skilled passer and can grab boards. dubs need depth at the 5 and someone to show wiseman how to use his size on the glass
Breh. I been saying cousins is still out there and way better than Jordan

I guess his attitude must be terrible or something because I’d rather have him on the minimum than a lot of these bigs getting mini bags

I’ve seen this floated a few times on Twitter.

I’m not sure Wiseman is going to be able to hold down the bulk of those backup minutes and Boogie wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Belly.

I was looking at this today. Connor McDavid is one of the best players ever with an AAV of $12.5M.

When the salary cap first came into play it was based on average annual value so these teams got cute signing dudes to 12+ year heavily front-loaded deals at like 5 mil per AAV but the first two years paid out like 20 mil of that player got their money eventually (after they retired) and team cap stayed low. They fixed that by limiting how different the yearly salary can be. New Jersey tried signing a star forward for 17 years :lol: but it got rejected by the league.

Can’t really explain why guys 2-10 are on there other than to stop the break but I can guarantee all of rusts take fouls come after his turnovers.
100% agreed and it leans into my OG point from a while back...The Take Foul is a bailout for bad offense. You turn the ball over and then its "Oh no fast break for you". Removing penalities for peoples mistakes isn't wavy, that isn't what sports are about. You should be punished for your mistakes.

NBA money is just different. Even compared to NFL players other than star quarterbacks.

Rob Gronkowski is a first ballot Hall-Of-Famer and arguably one of the best ever at his position, but at around $70 million in career earnings, he’s like $30 million behind guys like Evan Turner and Derek Favors, who became pro athletes the same year (2010) as Gronk.

(I just heard this on the radio today).

100% agreed and it leans into my OG point from a while back...The Take Foul is a bailout for bad offense. You turn the ball over and then its "Oh no fast break for you". Removing penalities for peoples mistakes isn't wavy, that isn't what sports are about. You should be punished for your mistakes.

I feel like the jazz players are on there because their best defender was the alleged rim protector. They want you to play half court offense.

I saw this yesterday. I needed no more proof that the Take Foul isn't defense. Look at this list. Who is a good defender on it? ONE GUY
A lot of those also come from your teammates not getting back, and you’re the lone defender on a fast break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom